Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suits for Reasonable Price (Can the Bargain Alerts Geniuses Help)

• 08-12-2015 11:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭

Last Thursday I got caught in a sticky scenario with the very bad weather around Dublin city.

My clothes got ruined in the end by a car driving by that splashed me.

Now, all I could do is laugh, but anyway I went into Burton thinking I'd pick up a cheap suit. But no value to be had. €160 was the mid range prices.

Has anyone noticed any deals or bargains around the city at this time? Or anywhere that does student discounts and I could get my son to buy?

Really bad at this stuff ... sorry....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

A charity shop? I work in a dry cleaners and the local Vincent de Paul brought two bags of new suits to be cleaned today. They were in perfect condition. And selling for a tenner.

Other than that. Penneys, Tesco or Dunnes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Can you give me a few addresses and I'll jot them down in my diary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

myshirt wrote: »
    Can you give me a few addresses and I'll jot them down in my diary.

Yeah. Get the feeling you're taking the mick here. Don't know the addresses anyway due to not living near Dublin. Good luck with the search.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

dobman88 wrote: »
    Yeah. Get the feeling you're taking the mick here. Don't know the addresses anyway due to not living near Dublin. Good luck with the search.

Not taking the mick my friend. Im not from Dublin either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

Hi, got an email from sportsdirect.com. see they have Pierre Cardin suit jackets and slacks at very good discounted prices.
    Whether they match and what the sizes are actually like - is another question.

I recently purchases items and there were 1/2 the price of here and delivered within a few days (no problems yet)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭dublin99

Have seen men's suits/dress suits in Arnotts bargain basement. Price reasonable but maybe not the full range of sizes. Good luck.

By the way, it is a traffic offence to splash pedestrians. Look up the law (1988 Road Traffic Act). You can report the driver if you got the car number, and see if you can be compensated.

Advertisement