Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you where Chelsea manager what would you do

• 09-12-2015 3:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭

Its one of the biggest falls after a team has won the league and the biggest problem Mourinho has ever faced. What would you do to fix it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

He has evidently lost the dressing room weeks ago and there's no way that can be turned around. He'll be gone by January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I'm in no way a Jose fan but I'd keep him, write this season off and give him 300+ million to rebuild in the summer.

Any manager will need a massive overhaul so why not let a proven manager do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Get down the bookies and back John Terry as next manager.

Happened to Leeds and Blackburn in the 90s. Both just toughed it out with managers that had nothing like Mourinho's record. If drastic action is taken, it's usually of the identify troublemakers and turf them out. Might be a bit clichéd.

Something is going on behind the scenes. No way those players are giving him 100%.

He's lost some of them. Surprised he's still in a job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Drop Ivanovic, Cahill, Cesc.

Avoid relegation.

Buy big in the summer coz FFP is a load of balls.

????

Profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I didn't realise it was broken.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If I was Chelsea manager I'd play everyone out of position and get them relegated :pac:

Seriously though, it is looking like either a new manager has to come in or else Mourinho will have to sell those who are causing most trouble and discontent within the squad as it is obvious there are big personnel problems that need to be solved in terms of effort given if not in terms of talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

As already pointed out drop the underperforming players.
    Accept this season is a write off and introduce some young players.
    Identify new players for January and the summer windows.

The club is in a transition after losing so many leaders in the past season or two.

Might work out good for the club to miss out onn CL for a season and integrate some new faces.

what a day wrote: »

The club is in a transition after losing so many leaders in the past season or two.

Might work out good for the club to miss out onn CL for a season and integrate some new faces.

I think all but the most foolhearted fans have written off the season at this stage.

I'd avoid January signings, it looks like Jose has the backing of the board until the summer at the very least, if thats the case, back him fully in the summer with outgoings and incomings.

I've no doubt he knows who he wnats and who he wnats rid of, the next issue is if those targets are available and if the club are willing to take a massive hit in the transfer market.

Its likely we'll end up selling about 6-8 1st team/ fringe players anyway this summer so the reveneue they generate will be added to the transfer kitty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Seems clear enough to me that Jose has lost the backing from certain players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I'm in no way a Jose fan but I'd keep him, write this season off and give him 300+ million to rebuild in the summer.

Any manager will need a massive overhaul so why not let a proven manager do it.

Because he's the one who caused the problems in the dressing room to begin with. A much bigger overhaul is required if Mourinho stays than the one if he goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Build a time machine and not sell the likes of Lukaku, Mata, DeBruyne, Salah.
    Would also not ostracize a well liked member of the medical team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Happened to Leeds and Blackburn in the 90s. Both just toughed it out with managers that had nothing like Mourinho's record. If drastic action is taken, it's usually of the identify troublemakers and turf them out. Might be a bit clichéd.

On the other hand, few managers have anything like Mourinho's record for making players so unhappy in the first place.

These assumed troublemakers like Costa, Fabregas etc....are all Mourinho signings. Lots of managers actually make a players personality a large part of the criteria on deciding whether or not to sign him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Retire, travel the world. Enjoy my millions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Identify the troublemakers should be as easy as looking in the mirror. He has created his own mess by freezing out good players for no reason and falling out with the staff around the club.

Same thing he has done at nearly every club he has been at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Mourinho is the problem, not certain players imo. Being a constant belligerent cnut is bound to come back and bite you on the arse.

Having said that, some of them are past it or are no longer interested and they need to move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

what a day wrote: »

Those players were there last year and won the league, its wrong to say you lost leaders and that's the problem. Transition is manager talk for were **** now give me time to sort it.

From afar he has lost the players. I get the idea of keeping him and letting him rebuild but if you do that you'll find yourself back here in 2/3 years.

Should never have let Ancelotti go, I'd be all over him now if possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I would bring in David O'Leary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

jester77 wrote: »
    I would bring in David O'Leary

Wouldnt be any worse than Ivanovic. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Get rid of Ivanoic, Terry, Fabresgas and a few past-its

On paper they are one of the strongest squads in the league, obviously they're not gelling together this year but people saying the team needs to be completely scrapped and overhauled are mad.

Hazard,Matic and Costa may be having a nightmarish year but I can't imagine it becoming permanent when they have such ability, no drive for Costa to improve either when its clear there's no faith in Remy or Falcao.

A centre back, a right back,a playmaker, another CF and theyre right back up there. A strong captain as well who isn't afraid to keep some of the massive personalities in line.

Willian in particular would would walk into any team in the league and loftus cheek looks promising.

From an Arsenal fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I would ban flags from Stamford Bridge & sell Courtois,Hazard & Willian to Liverpool. I would offer Terry & Ivanovic new 5 year deals on 300k a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

MD1990 wrote: »
    I would ban flags from Stamford Bridge & sell Courtois,Hazard & Willian to Liverpool. I would offer Terry & Ivanovic new 5 year deals on 300k a week.
    And make Mourinho manager-for-life.

What's the longest Mourinho has stayed at any one club as manager? It certainly looks like his Best Before Date of 3 years is coming a lot sooner than expected.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Those players were there last year and won the league, its wrong to say you lost leaders and that's the problem. Transition is manager talk for were **** now give me time to sort it.

From afar he has lost the players. I get the idea of keeping him and letting him rebuild but if you do that you'll find yourself back here in 2/3 years.

Should never have let Ancelotti go, I'd be all over him now if possible

I like Ancelotti, I really do, hes my 2nd favourite Chelsea manager but letting him go, given all thats happened afterwards, wasnt the worse thing in the world, the manner in which it was done was poor though.

The board however, like this summer, didnt captailise on a title winning side and add players it needed and wrongly assumed theyed go again and we dropped off.

Ancelotti also only won the league on the last day of the season, for all the goals we scored, we very nearly came up short.

So the long and short of it, keeping Ancelotti might have been good long term, its hard to say but his domestic trophy haul isnt the greatest for the teams hes managed, good man for a European cup though.

Advertisement