Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ming Court closed by the FSAI

Options
  • 09-12-2015 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭

I see a favourite Chinese of herself has been given the bullet. Must have been bad to get a forced closure notice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

Yeah must have been bad all right. Been there a couple of times over the years and thought the food was nice but a lot of people giving out about the cleanliness of it online. Apparently was closed down in 2013 too but I never remember hearing that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I used to go regularly enough years and years ago but hadn't gone in about 6 or 7 years. Went during the summer and I was so surprised at how run down it had become. We just grabbed a main so we wouldn't be hanging around in it and legged it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Same here, haven't been in a number of years.

Always found the food fine.

However I always found the staff, let us say, "a little over attentive". Constantly filling up your glass during the meal with the expectation of you ordering more wine or beer. I recall asking them to stop on a number of occasions only for another member of staff to come over and repeat the whole process. We always had to laugh at the end of the meal when we'd would start a "mock stopwatch" as when the first staff member would come along and start hustling us off the table. Boy were they quick!

Simply gave up going, as it never was a relaxed setting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I used to go regularly enough years and years ago but hadn't gone in about 6 or 7 years.
    Same here, haven't been in a good number of years.

Always found the food fine. However I always found the staff, "a little over attentive". Constantly filling up your glass during the meal with the expectation of you ordering more wine or beer. I recall asking them to stop on a number of occasions only for another member of staff to come over and repeat the whole process. We always had to good laugh at the end of the meal when we'd would start a "mock stopwatch" as when the first staff member would come along and start hustling us off the table. Boy were they quick and determined!

Simply gave up going, as it never was a relaxed setting.

Hygiene practices must have been really questionable, if the FSAI had to act in the manner that they did.
    https://www.fsai.ie/news_centre/press_releases/november_enforcements_08122015.html
    https://www.fsai.ie/uploadedFiles/Monitoring_and_Enforcement/Enforcement/Enforcement-Orders-Closure.pdf

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I was only in there once, a good few years ago - it was poor so I never went back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

This is the place that does Dim Sum in Blanch? Near the Maccers drive thru?

The missus will be gutted - few places do Dim Sum.

Does anyone know if you can get more detail on the reason for closure from the FSAI?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I doubt you could get details unless they are prosecuted. It has to be really bad for them to close a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Interestingly enough, it doesn't appear to have been hygiene - most enforced closures you see are under breaches of food safety legislation, pursuant to the FSAI Act, 1998, however Ming was closed under the 2010 act EC (Official Control of Foodstuffs) Regulations, 2010 - usually food origin or labelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Andip wrote: »
    Interestingly enough, it doesn't appear to have been hygiene - most enforced closures you see are under breaches of food safety legislation, pursuant to the FSAI Act, 1998, however Ming was closed under the 2010 act EC (Official Control of Foodstuffs) Regulations, 2010 - usually food origin or labelling.

Cat-Looks-Shocked.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Often the closures are temporary, until the discovered problem is sorted.

If anyone wants to read about the Official Control of Foodstuffs you can read it on the FSAI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Azrel

Looked open tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Menu came in the door from them yesterday. Straight into the bin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Ha ha, we got one this morning.

Advertisement