Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare River flooding Headford road

Options
  • 09-12-2015 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭

fyi... the Clare River at Curraghline is flooding the road, it'll get worse for the next week I expect... road via Peggy's Bar to Claregalway is going to be fun...

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

jkforde wrote: »
    fyi... the Clare River at Curraghline is flooding the road, it'll get worse for the next week I expect... road via Peggy's Bar to Claregalway is going to be fun...

Claregalway was/is as bad traffic wise due to the river there. Last night they had traffic lights at the flood on the N84. Someone said there was also a car stuck (dunno how as it isn't deep). Took me 1hr 20mins to get past it.... The traffic lights actually made it worse. This morning only 30 mins queue as the lights had gone/been nicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Just heard there that the Curragh Line has been closed. Whats the best way to get to Galway City now coming from Headford town?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

joe123 wrote: »
    Just heard there that the Curragh Line has been closed. Whats the best way to get to Galway City now coming from Headford town?

Still open, one lane on part of it, approaching Clonboo and near Mc Gaughs garden centre. Expect delays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

The Curraghline on the Headford Road to operate with Outbound traffic only from 4pm today.

N84 at McGaugh's operating on one lane at present . Following a meeting with Director of Service Liam Gavin and other officials today the new up date is as follows. From 4 pm this evening no traffic will be allowed in past Corrandulla barracks traffic will be diverted through Corrandulla to N17 and a one way outbound system will apply on the N84 until 8 pm. The road will then be closed until 6 am tomorrow morning to allow for an overlay to take place.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1135769246434498/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

^^^
    All good there now. They fixed the Clare River bridge section by putting down asphalt and building layers until it was higher than the water level. Looks good as long as the water level doesn't rise too much again as I don't think there is much leeway....

Now if they would get to the other flooded bits just South of Corrandulla Cross and do the same, it'll be sorted completely... Not holding my breath on that though as the traffic doesn't seem to queue as much there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement