Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Restrict background data - Samsung S4

• 09-12-2015 10:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I have a Samsung S4. It is just used to send out club texts, so it is largely dormant or resting most of the day.

Over the past two days, I have noticed a 20MB data usage when the phone is not in operation.

One of the most important things for the phone is to sync it's contacts with Google. I'd expect that's a few KBS.

I understand that syncing phone contacts is controlled by Google Play Store. There is a setting for restricting background data (only using foreground data).

If background data is restricted for Google Play Store, would that hinder my ability to Autosync phone contacts with Google?

Any help is much appreciated. We used to have a Sony Expedia E and the data usage was minimal

Advertisement