Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farewell To The Hill Billy

Options
  • 09-12-2015 10:57am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭

With a tear and a sad wave we bid goodbye to The Hill Billy, who has been a very hard working moderator around these parts for many years.

Congratulations on your promotion to Admin, THB, and I have no doubt you'll still pop in to share your culinary endeavours with us :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Congratulations tHB!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Sad to see you go but congrats on the promotion!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Well done tHB.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I'm still a n00b compared to Faith. She must be as old as Mary Berry. :pac:

It has been an honour to mod the F&D forums over the past years. I leave with more than a hint of sadness, but in the knowledge that - with the enthusiastic & knowledgable posters & a cracking mod team - the forums will flourish.

Apparently admins are expected to survive on a diet of Pot Noodles & Dutch Gold, but I hope to rustle up the occasional curry or offal dish that I will share.

Merry Christmas & best wishes to you all!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'm still a n00b compared to Faith. She must be as old as Mary Berry. :pac:

Hey! It's fair though... Going on 10 years moderating the Food & Drink forums now.

/masochism

You can all be prepared for the place to fall to ruin now :pac:. If people realised how much work tHB does compared to the rest of us, we'd have been in a lot of trouble!

We'll miss you, HB.

Also, farewell to BaZmO*, who quietly stepped down due to Real Life just taking up too much damn time. So long, and thanks for all the fish, B!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Faith wrote: »

Also, farewell to BaZmO*, who quietly stepped down due to Real Life just taking up too much damn time. So long, and thanks for all the fish, B!

It was a pleasure modding with you, BaZmO*.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

That's me in the box here.

Thanks a mill for all of your hard work B & tHB. You're just both absolutely fabulous and have been great to work with.

And I'm sure you'll find a way to make the pot noodles & Dutch Gold awful tasty.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,429 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Thanks for all your work, tHB.
    Apparently admins are expected to survive on a diet of Pot Noodles & Dutch Gold, but I hope to rustle up the occasional curry or offal dish that I will share.

Links to Dutch noodles and gold pot recipes, plz. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

I am still fairly new to this forum having found cooking a great therapy and alternative to being locked up somewhere. It is clear that you are very well loved, THB (and will continue to be!:o). Hopefully Admin stuff won't take up too much of your time. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

hooray for Adminny tHB.

Good guy, enjoyed modding with him in the past, and being modded by him more recently :)

Hope never to be adminned by him.

Some excellent cooking tips and recipes, many of which I've used loads of times, and continue to use to feed my family.

Thanks dude, and don't be a stranger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭sdp

Best of luck., having used your recipes, and still do big thanks for them :)
    as said above don't be a stranger!

Advertisement