Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do they work?

Options
  • 09-12-2015 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭

hi all,simple question,do protein shakes/supplements really work to put on muscle?or am i better off sticking to high protein foods?reason for asking is im a beginner:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

sniperman wrote: »
    hi all,simple question,do protein shakes/supplements really work to put on muscle?or am i better off sticking to high protein foods?reason for asking is im a beginner:D

Protein shakes are used to ensure that you consume enough protein. If you can get enough protein through food, then no need for the shakes...roughly you need you bodyweight(in kg) x1.5...

80kg person needs 120g of protein a day

• Registered Users Posts: 24,624 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

sniperman wrote: »

It's protein wither way. If you get enough from food, you don't need it in shake form. If you don't get enough from food, there's nothing wrong with getting it in shake form.

Advertisement