Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Floods

Options
  • 09-12-2015 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭

How bad are the floods down in Waterford and how bad are they supposed to get? I was going to go down home on Friday (to Tramore) but I'm just wondering now how clever an idea that is. Most of the reports don't mention Waterford though, so I'm thinking it won't be too bad down there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

As far as I can see the flood prevention in town is working well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Not a drop of flood water that I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭blue note

Cheers, that's brilliant. You never know if the town is actually grand or if the media just decided it wasn't worth mentioning!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭looksee

It was bad on Thursday last, but cleared pretty quickly and is fine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

looksee wrote: »
    It was bad on Thursday last, but cleared pretty quickly and is fine now.

indeedy. couple of really bad spots round the town that day, but had almost cleared that evening. couple of people got caught out driving through the water but nothing major other than that. we got very lucky here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

keep a close eye on the developing weather situation for the weekend op. it looks like its gonna be a very wet one with some serious problems for already flooded areas in the south. chats here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057534297

Advertisement