Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vietnam Visa

Options
  • 09-12-2015 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Im currently in Australia, and going to vietnam in 2 months, anyone know a legit website for the visa? or can i just go into a embassy in Australia?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

If you search through the independent travel page here, there should be a few threads about that. Having said that, if you're near an embassy and would like the full page visa in your passport go there!

I got mine in Siem Reap in Cambodia the day before I travelled, they had my passport back to me within an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

I used www.vietnamvisachoice.com to get mine. Only took a day before I got the actual letter, though I'm sure it could take longer. And they put the full page visa into my passport in the airport in Ho Chi Minh.

Just don't forget the fee, or the passport photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭mannequinhands

Just go into the embassy if you live in Sydney it's in edgecliff

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

Dont bother with a visa company its very straight forward. I just downloaded the form and (registered) posted it off to Canberra with a bank draft, photos and a prepaid return envelope.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jonny_be_good

Dont bother with a visa company its very straight forward. I just downloaded the form and (registered) posted it off to Canberra with a bank draft, photos and a prepaid return envelope.
    Nice one. I'm in australia now with an irish passport and want to apply for a visa. I'll try that method so !

• Advertisement

I rang them up today and they said that a 1 month visa would cost $85 AUS. That seems a bit harsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭minzabud

I rang them up today and they said that a 1 month visa would cost $85 AUS. That seems a bit harsh.

Go to the embassy beside train station in edgcliff and leave your passport in with them for a few days to process, I paid extra to have it done there and then as I was in a hurry maybe 140au.

minzabud wrote: »

Go to the embassy beside train station in edgcliff and leave your passport in with them for a few days to process, I paid extra to have it done there and then as I was in a hurry maybe 140au.
    Thats pretty pricey ! lol. Problem is i live in perth so i'll have to post my passport over to them !

Thats pretty pricey ! lol. Problem is i live in perth so i'll have to post my passport over to them !

When your drinking beers for 50c you won't be long forgetting about it!

minzabud wrote: »

When your drinking beers for 50c you won't be long forgetting about it!
    ha ha. Thats so true ! I'm planning on a short trip to vietnam, cambodia and thailand. Visa also required for cambodia.

• Advertisement

ha ha. Thats so true ! I'm planning on a short trip to vietnam, cambodia and thailand. Visa also required for cambodia.

Yea I did similar I got the visa on arrival in Cambodia traveling by bus from Ho Chi Minh for 35us dollars I think.

Advertisement