Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying a council house

Options
  • 09-12-2015 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

There was a recent government scheme announced last month regarding a new purchase home program for exsisting council tenants. The scheme comes into effect from 1/1/16.

A discount of 40%-60% is being offered to tenants depending on their circumstances, would this negate the need for a deposit? or would the regular first time buyer rate still apply for the amount the buyer is looking to borrow?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

kerosene wrote: »
    There was a recent government scheme announced last month regarding a new purchase home program for exsisting council tenants. The scheme comes into effect from 1/1/16.

A discount of 40%-60% is being offered to tenants depending on their circumstances, would this negate the need for a deposit? or would the regular first time buyer rate still apply for the amount the buyer is looking to borrow?
    Hi Kerosene, 

Thanks for your post.

This would be best discussed with a mortgage adviser. If you would like us to arrange a call back for you, please send a PM with your name, address and phone number.

Thanks 

Janette

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭kerosene

My pm was blocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi Kerosene,

Can we ask you to please check your settings to see if you have PM's switched on and signatures set to display.

You should be able to send a PM by clicking on my signature below.

Thanks,

Sharon

I tried again and the text, sharon has chosen not to recieve private messages etc flashed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi kerosene,

We've sent you a private message just now. If you'd like to reply to this with the your details and we'll arrange the call.

Thanks,
    Tara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Hi I would like to ask the same question

foxy06 wrote: »
    Hi I would like to ask the same question

I hope you have more luck than me. Ive heard nothing in 3+ weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi foxy06,

If you'd like to drop us a quick DM with your name, address and contact number we can arrange a call for you also.

Thanks,
    Elaine

Hi kerosene,

We're very sorry to hear this. Can I ask if you received an initial call after we received your details via DM.

Thanks,
    Elaine

Hi kerosene,

We're very sorry to hear this. Can I ask if you received an initial call after we received your details via DM.

Thanks,
    Elaine

I didnt get any call, I am only looking for information regarding purchasing a council property.

• Advertisement

Hi Kerosene,

We've just sent you a quick PM to follow this up for you.

Thanks again,
    Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Mrsbananas

When we did it previously we still needed our 10% deposit.

Advertisement