Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Combined wife / daughter present?

Options
  • 09-12-2015 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get something both my wife and daughter (8) can do together.

any thoughts would be appreciated.....

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

jrby wrote: »
    I'm looking to get something both my wife and daughter (8) can do together.

any thoughts would be appreciated.....

Get them tickets for a Panto/Musical or Disney on Ice or something like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Danielle D

Pamper day, concert/show & meal, cookery/baking class, shopping trip with overnight stay.....limited to what you can do with 8yr old that both would enjoy. Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

Musical or concert tickets.

Mary Poppins in Bord Gais over christamas. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang in Feb.
    Oliver over christmas in NCH-they do a lovely show every christmas.

None of above are kiddie shows so good for 8 year old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

http://www.butlerschocolates.com/chocolateexperience/family-days-out-in-dublin......

.......and they'll probably bring you back a pressie!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The Butlers tour is great. You get plenty of samples and she'll love decorating the chocolate figure at the end. If you do go with it make sure it's booked for a weekday morning so she can see as much of the production side as possible. They don't work weekends and afternoon production is limited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Oh! One of those mammy and me pampering days where you can get a facial and nails done :) love it !!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Oh! One of those mammy and me pampering days where you can get a facial and nails done :) love it !!

Would an 8 year old appreciate a Facial and Manicure?

Loughc wrote: »
    Would an 8 year old appreciate a Facial and Manicure?

There are actually places catering for this Loughc. Think along the lines of Princess pamper parties. The facial for the little girl is normally chocolate or some other natural facial and comp child friendly. And the mani is nothing more than a polish hand cream and normally some glitter and sparkly dust. And yes if it's something your daughter is into then she will love it ! If you hAve an 8 year old girl who prefers to play outdoors or with boys toys and get mucky then this obv wouldn't be something they would appreciate.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jrby

she likes her make up but I can't find any make up classes / days that seem to cater to both mother and daughter.....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

If you don't want to go down the route of an activity outside the house, a decent jigsaw is something they might enjoy doing together. Or you could get a a gift voucher for one of the websites that does photobooks and they could create one together.

• Advertisement

jrby wrote: »
    she likes her make up but I can't find any make up classes / days that seem to cater to both mother and daughter.....

I'm not sure where your based but you may try asking a local beautician in your town. Razzle dazzle cater to kids in carlow and most in town large nail salons will have a mammy and me mani /pedi offer. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

A hot air balloon ride is pretty magical, my dad bought a voucher one Christmas for me my mam and sister to do and it was fantastic!

Advertisement