Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping from argos UK to Ireland

Options
  • 09-12-2015 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hey Guys can anybody tell me the steps involved to have something delivered to a virtual uk address and parcel motel'd over to Ireland?

The item in question is a Casio G-Shock watch so nothing out of the ordinary. The watch is £50 on argos.co.uk and €110 for the same watch in argos here so even with exchange rate and shipping would still be better to buy from the UK site but i've never used parcel motel.Dpd are also ofering a similar service now.

So what i'm guessing is I order from the uk site, have it delivered to the "virtual" uk address then what? Where do parcel motel get involved? Any tips appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

When you sign up, and login you can click 'my virtual address' which will be an address in Newtownabbey in Antrim. You buy the watch and use that as your address with your unique PWXXXXXX number so when it gets delivered they know where to forward it to you.

As this is a new service they are offering 3 free deliveries before the end of the year.

This is nothing to do with parcel motel. They deliver to a local locker which you collect rather than home delivery*

Any other questions just ask

*also do home delivery for extra charge but ignore for now!

Advertisement