Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No claims bonus

Options
  • 09-12-2015 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,
    I have lived in France therefore had insurance there and 5 years no claims bonus.I am now living in Co Cork

I cannot find any company that will accept the french 5 years no claims bonus. I have had it translated and I thought at least here they would accept it being in Europe and all that. Can you tell me why please? and if you can insure me and my van (VW) [font=wf_segoe-ui_normal, 'Segoe UI', 'Segoe WP', Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif]Transporter T30 174 2.4 year 2005

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

Hi,
    I have lived in France therefore had insurance there and 5 years no claims bonus.I am now living in Co Cork

I cannot find any company that will accept the french 5 years no claims bonus. I have had it translated and I thought at least here they would accept it being in Europe and all that. Can you tell me why please? and if you can insure me and my van (VW) [font=wf_segoe-ui_normal, 'Segoe UI', 'Segoe WP', Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif]Transporter T30 174 2.4 year 2005
    most insurers will accept if you have original bonus in french and a seperate letter with it officially translated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SheilaSheila

jinkybhoy wrote: »
    Hi,

most insurers will accept if you have original bonus in french and a seperate letter with it officially translated.
    I have it translated officially  and have a letter and I have tried its for women,AXA and Allianz but they said I would have to start as new. 

• Company Representative Posts: 163 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Una

Hi,

Hi SheilaSheila, 
    Thanks for your query. Yes we do accept No Claims Bonus from France. Would you like for me to arrange a quotation? If so, PM me with your contact details. 
    Thanks 
    Una 

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SheilaSheila

Hi,

Hi SheilaSheila, 
    Thanks for your query. Yes we do accept No Claims Bonus from France. Would you like for me to arrange a quotation? If so, PM me with your contact details. 
    Thanks 
    Una 
    Yes please thanks.

Hi,

I have it translated officially  and have a letter and I have tried its for women,AXA and Allianz but they said I would have to start as new. 
    I deal with 2 of those companies and that's rubbish - So they are incorrect - No issues so long as papers check out!

• Advertisement

Hi,

I deal with 2 of those companies and that's rubbish - So they are incorrect - No issues so long as papers check out!
    sorry stand corrected - AXA won't but Allianz will - did a dummy quote.  Try a broker - With my dummy quote 5 companies quoting standard rates.

Advertisement