Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

card and pin no

Options
  • 09-12-2015 2:46pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

Hi I have a credit card and am ordering a new pin. But I am going abroad Friday so may not have it. Can I use my card ( EU /France ) to pay without a pin and what do i tell retailers/hotels etc . I have no other card available either...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

youngrun wrote: »
    Hi I have a credit card and am ordering a new pin. But I am going abroad Friday so may not have it. Can I use my card ( EU /France ) to pay without a pin and what do i tell retailers/hotels etc . I have no other card available either...
    Hi youngrun, 

Thanks for your post.

To use your credit card for contact-less payments, you will need to have first activated the card at point of sale with a chip and pin transaction. So you will need your pin to use your card abroad.

Thanks

Janette

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

youngrun wrote: »
    Hi youngrun, 

Thanks for your post.

To use your credit card for contact-less payments, you will need to have first activated the card at point of sale with a chip and pin transaction. So you will need your pin to use your card abroad.

Thanks

Janette
    Thanks Janette

So the card cannot be used? Can a BOI branch issue me a pin on the spot if i go in to order one? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi youngrun,

Thanks for your reply.

That's correct, you will need the PIN in order to use the card. It's not possible to issue a PIN to you in branch.
    If you need to request a new PIN, please call our Credit card team on 0818 251 251 and a representative can issue you a new PIN. Our representatives are available on this number 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm on Saturdays and 10am to 5pm on Sundays.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement