Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oral examiner salary

Options
  • 09-12-2015 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

Does anyone know the salary for the oral examiners? (leaving cert)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Boober Fraggle

It's around €8 per candidate. You usually get about 80-100 candidates for the week. You can add travel expenses to that also, from school or home, whichever is closest.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭mick kk

8 euro per candidate is less than 4 euro per candidate after tax if teaching full time. I was thinking of applying but would I be right in thinking its not really worth it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Boober Fraggle

mick kk wrote: »
    8 euro per candidate is less than 4 euro per candidate after tax if teaching full time. I was thinking of applying but would I be right in thinking its not really worth it?

I suppose that depends on how much it affects your normal routine.

If you are teaching full time, you still get your normal salary while examining. So anything you get for examining is extra. Provided you don't have to stay overnights, or drive an excessive distance, whatever you get is a bonus.

Advertisement