Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap build, light gaming and general use

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

kc66 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Looking to replace current PC so have peripherals, monitor, hard drive, Windows. PC will be used mainly for internet and kids use it for some gaming- Minecraft, Lego games, etc. Wouldnt mind something that can play modern games to a reasonable level. Using advice on other threads I put this together. Anything incompatible or should be changed?

MSI GTX 950 2048MB GeForce gaming 2G active
    Intel Core i3 4160 2x 3.60GHz So.1150 BOX
    ASRock B85 Anniversary Intel B85 So.1150
    500 Watt Xilence Performance Series C
    Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB DDR3-1600 CL9

Total €411 + shipping.

Anywhere B&M recommended to buy cases?

Thanks.

That is all compatible. For cases amazon is usually a good bet as you can often get free delivery to ireland anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

That's quite a handy little PC, will play anything you throw at it to high settings

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

It is a solid build! If you want to save about €25, then you could drop the GTX950 for a GTX750ti, as the performance difference is quite small, and it will no doubt handle Minecraft and Lego quite nicely at 1080p.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Thanks for the replies. Ordered it earlier so too late to change. Also ordered case from amazon. How long do Mindfactory take to despatch and deliver?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Seems to be 2-5 working days as long as everything is in stock and in the correct warehouse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Thanks all. Last PC I built had a 386dx2 processor, 4MB ram, 800MB HD and windows 3.1 on a load of floppies. Served me well

Advertisement