Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friendly Accountant

• 09-12-2015 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good friendly reasonably priced accountant in the city for someone who knows nothing about tax but wants to make sure that they are availing off all the tax credits. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

There's a guy on Roche's St, Tax Assist I think, I've met him sociably and he seems a sound guy. I've never used him professionally so can't say how much knowledge he has but the name would suggest it's his line of work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭riverrocked

Thank you. I will check them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

My father is self employed and has been using Michael Keogh up on Edward Street for years. Never had a bad word to say about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Punkyblip

Contact local tax office first, they will give good advice about tax credits and cut off points, plus its free advice.

Also there is a full list of tax credits on the Revenue Commissioners website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭riverrocked

Cheers lads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

If you're a PAYE worker ask questions in the accounting or tax forum, or maybe even here.

But, if you need an accountant for self employed or suchlike income let us know and I'll PM you someone.

Advertisement