Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online form to sign up for Nest not working

Options
  • 09-12-2015 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

Hi,

[font=arial, sans-serif]I could not sign up online today for Nest as an existing electricity and gas customer. Strangely, the form wanted me to specify who my gas supplier is, and even stranger EI was not one of the options listed....[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]However the main problem was that when I clicked "Continue" after entering all my gas and electricity account details, the form hung, as if I had not completed all sections (I had). I tried it three times on Chrome, then switched to Explorer, but the result was the same.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I did sign up by phone after wasting half an hour online.[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for choosing Electric Ireland.

The form requests information regarding gas supplier in case the customer registering for the dual fuel price-plan is already with Electric Ireland for electricity alone and is bringing gas over from another supplier.

We will pass on your query, regarding Electric Ireland not being listed for gas on the dropdown, to the Home Services team.

We did receive a notification about that page of the website being down temporarily yesterday, due to maintenance/updating, however we did not receive such a notification today - either regarding maintenance or a fault. We are sorry to read of the difficulty you had with your online registration though (it may have been a temporary error - we apologise for the inconvenience in this case) and appreciate you choosing to sign up via telephone.

Regards,
    Una

________

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

Hi Una,

Thanks for replying. There are two options for existing customers, gas and electricity, or electricity only. I clicked on the former, which is why I was surprised when it asked who my gas supplier is. I'm guessing the dropdown is the same as on the electricity only form.  

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi again Jonathan,

Thanks for your message.

If you require any further assistance from us on Boards, we are here until 6pm Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays.

Kind regards,
    Una

Advertisement