Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dodgy Landline/ Poor Broadband Is Eir Responsible????

Options
  • 09-12-2015 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭

My parents have to put up with constant Broadband Disconections and recently they cant make telephone calls or recieve them.

They are not Eir customers but dont Eir maintain and service the landlines.

They cant stream live tv because the broadband is so poor and I live nearby and my broadband connection is perfect.

They have complained numerous times as well as the neighbours in the estate but they get a shoddy standard or service off Eircom which it was called back then.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

mikeym wrote: »
    My parents have to put up with constant Broadband Disconections and recently they cant make telephone calls or recieve them.

They cant stream live tv because the broadband is so poor and I live nearby and my broadband connection is perfect.

They have complained numerous times as well as the neighbours in the estate but they get a shoddy standard or service off Eircom which it was called back then.
    Hi mikeym

Eir wholesale repair the lines under instruction of a customers service provider. I'm afraid I will be unable to assist in this case as the line is question is not with eir for line rental. Your parents will need to contact their broadband/line provider - more details can be found here on COMREGs site : http://www.askcomreg.ie/business/fault_repairs.350.LE.asp

On that page it advises the following:

Faults relating to fixed line - PSTN
    A fault may occur on your fixed line PSTN network. This may affect your voice service and other services which are delivered over your connection e.g. broadband

The procedure is outlined below.
    • Reporting a Line Fault
    [*]

You should report the fault to your operator (the company you pay line rental to). You should be able to find the contact details of your operator on your last bill.

Your operator may need to do some testing on the line itself in order to obtain more information on the reported fault before organising the repair of the fault for you.

• Repairing the fault
    [*]

Eircom currently owns the majority of telephone lines in the country. When you pay your line rental to another operator, that operator may rent the line from Eircom.

Eircom is responsible for the maintenance and fault repair of its entire network including the portion rented to other operators. Eircom is not allowed to prioritise the fixing of line faults of Eircom customers over the line faults of other operators' customers. Eircom must ensure that it provides facilities to other operators' customers of the same quality as Eircom provides to its own customers.

If your operator rents its line from Eircom then it will contact Eircom on your behalf to organize the repair of the fault for you. You do not need to contact Eircom directly to report your fault. Your operator should be able to confirm to you when your fault will be reported to Eircom. If your operator has its own phone lines, it is responsible for carrying out its own line repairs.

• Managing your complaint
    [*]

Your operator is responsible for managing the fault resolution with you, including communicating with you regarding the status of the fault.
    If you are not satisfied with the way your operator handles your fault repair or any other issues, then you may complain to your operator.
    Your operator is obliged to have a code of practice for complaint handling. If you are not aware of your operator’s code of practice for complaint handling you should request a copy of the code from your operator.

Complaining to ComReg

If your line fault repair was not carried out in the manner outlined above, then you can contact the ComReg Business Line, www.businessconsumers@comreg.ie or phone 1890 200035 - 01 8049707, who will take the details of the specific issue. These details may be able to assist ComReg with any investigations or regulatory actions.

- See more at: http://www.askcomreg.ie/business/fault_repairs.350.LE.asp#sthash.r14SB4Qq.dpuf

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

eir: Alan wrote: »

Hi mikeym

Eir wholesale repair the lines under instruction of a customers service provider. I'm afraid I will be unable to assist in this case as the line is question is not with eir for line rental. Your parents will need to contact their broadband/line provider - more details can be found here on COMREGs site : http://www.askcomreg.ie/business/fault_repairs.350.LE.asp

A fault may occur on your fixed line PSTN network.  This may affect your voice service and other services which are delivered over your connection e.g. broadband

• Reporting a Line Fault

[*]

You should report the fault to your operator (the company you pay line rental to). You should be able to find the contact details of your operator on your last bill.

Your operator may need to do some testing on the line itself in order to obtain more information on the reported fault before organising the repair of the fault for you.

• Repairing the fault

[*]

Eircom currently owns the majority of telephone lines in the country. When you pay your line rental to another operator, that operator may rent the line from Eircom.

Eircom is responsible for the maintenance and fault repair of its entire network including the portion rented to other operators. Eircom is not allowed to prioritise the fixing of line faults of Eircom customers over the line faults of other operators' customers. Eircom must ensure that it provides facilities to other operators' customers of the same quality as Eircom provides to its own customers.

If your operator rents its line from Eircom then it will contact Eircom on your behalf to organize the repair of the fault for you. You do not need to contact Eircom directly to report your fault. Your operator should be able to confirm to you when your fault will be reported to Eircom. If your operator has its own phone lines, it is responsible for carrying out its own line repairs.

[*]

Your operator is responsible for managing the fault resolution with you, including communicating with you regarding the status of the fault.
    If you are not satisfied with the way your operator handles your fault repair or any other issues, then you may complain to your operator.
    Your operator is obliged to have a code of practice for complaint handling. If you are not aware of your operator’s code of practice for complaint handling you should request a copy of the code from your operator.

Complaining to ComReg

If your line fault repair was not carried out in the manner outlined above, then you can contact the ComReg Business Line, www.businessconsumers@comreg.ie or phone 1890 200035 - 01 8049707, who will take the details of the specific issue. These details may be able to assist ComReg with any investigations or regulatory actions.

- See more at: http://www.askcomreg.ie/business/fault_repairs.350.LE.asp#sthash.r14SB4Qq.dpuf

Thanks
    Al
    [*]
    Thanks for the detailed reply. I will show them this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

eir: Alan wrote: »

Hi mikeym

A fault may occur on your fixed line PSTN network.  This may affect your voice service and other services which are delivered over your connection e.g. broadband

• Reporting a Line Fault

[*]

• Repairing the fault

[*]

[*]

Complaining to ComReg

Thanks
    Al

[*]
    Thanks for the detailed reply. I will show them this.
    [*]
    No problem mikeym

Al

Advertisement