Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6 problem

• 09-12-2015 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I took delivery of a new iPhone 6 this morning, and it was perfect all day, however it crashed twice this evening in the space of 30 mins.
    By crashed, I mean it froze for 3 or 4 seconds, then the screen went black, then black with blue stripes, and finally restarted. Whole process took maybe 10 seconds.
    After panicking for a small while I remembered that iOS 9.2 was available, claiming to contain a few bug fixes.
    I updated this, and now here I am.
    Can someone here tell me if this should fix the issue or should I return the phone to the shop in the morning.
    Thank.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Faulty display. Return it.

Did you buy it from Apple?

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭TheFarrier

Faulty display. Return it.

Did you buy it from Apple?

No, from a meteor store... Ill try and call back to the store before the weekend.
    Thanks

Just a thought,
    After buying the phone yesterday, I kinda forgot to let the phone battery run out completely before charging it, like I was told to do with my last phone. I did this today, and the new model hasn't given a bit of trouble since.
    Is there any chance this had something to do with the issue??
    Thanks

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

TheFarrier wrote: »
    Just a thought,
    After buying the phone yesterday, I kinda forgot to let the phone battery run out completely before charging it, like I was told to do with my last phone. I did this today, and the new model hasn't given a bit of trouble since.
    Is there any chance this had something to do with the issue??
    Thanks

I think with new batteries letting it drain like that isnt necessary.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Just a thought,
    After buying the phone yesterday, I kinda forgot to let the phone battery run out completely before charging it, like I was told to do with my last phone.

Totally unnecessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

OP, just wondering how you're getting on now with your phone?

I purchased an iPhone 6 two weeks ago and I'm experiencing similar issues now. The phone freezes for no apparent reason. When I set an alarm, it may or may not go off. What's really annoying is that when I'm out and about I can't rely on it and I find myself carrying a second phone.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    OP, just wondering how you're getting on now with your phone?

I purchased an iPhone 6 two weeks ago and I'm experiencing similar issues now. The phone freezes for no apparent reason. When I set an alarm, it may or may not go off. What's really annoying is that when I'm out and about I can't rely on it and I find myself carrying a second phone.

Mrs D, I brought the phone back to the store I bought it from on Saturday, they are sending the phone back to Apple to be examined, said that there's a 99% chance I'll be given a new replacement, that the phone must be sent back before for diagnostics before I get a new one. The lads in the meteor shop were very helpful and apologised profusely for the inconvenience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Is it a 64Gb you have? A work colleague tells me that there may be issues with that particular model. Were you offered a loan of a mobile while your one is away? Did they indicate how long you will be without your phone?

No, mine is only 16gb, I think.
    They asked me to drop my phone in on Monday (today), to be sent away, but I left the phone with them then (Saturday), as I'm working today. They said I'd have it back Friday at the latest.
    There was no offer of a phone in the meantime, but I still had my previous phone so I never sought one, just asked them to switch the sim back to my old phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

Hi all. Having a problem with my iPhone 6. The volume randomly turns down for no reason. I know the 9.3 iOS update caused a lot of problems but a new 9.3.1 update was meant to sort it. I googled 9.3 problems but none mentioned my one. Anyone here got any idea?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

No, mine is only 16gb, I think.
    They asked me to drop my phone in on Monday (today), to be sent away, but I left the phone with them then (Saturday), as I'm working today. They said I'd have it back Friday at the latest.
    There was no offer of a phone in the meantime, but I still had my previous phone so I never sought one, just asked them to switch the sim back to my old phone.

So they weren't very helpful after all. They sold you a faulty product, took your money and when you brought it back to be repaired/replaced, they leave you without a phone (I know you had your old one but that is not the point as not everyone has a spare phone ) for a week while the new one they sold you is looked at. Totally not an acceptable situation. You should have demanded a phone of them.

Advertisement