Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No nappy is keeping baby boy dry at night

Options
  • 09-12-2015 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

In last few weeks little man is soaked in the morning. Have tried couple of nappy brands. Have tried double nappy but that doesn't work either as outer nappy could still be dry but the wee comes up thro top of inner nappy. It's such a nuisance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

What age is he, and what brands have you tried? The problem could be sizes rather than brands, any chance the nappies are too big or too small? You can't always go by the suggested weights on the packaging as all babies are shaped differently.

I've never heard of double-nappying but can't imagine it would work too well! :D

Would you consider cloth nappies, even only for night-time use ... I've never tried them, but heard they work very well! It would be a last resort for me to be honest, but may be worth considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Do a search - I think Millem had this exact same problem a few months back - I remember reading about it, you could see what solutions Millem tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

What age is he, and what brands have you tried? The problem could be sizes rather than brands, any chance the nappies are too big or too small? You can't always go by the suggested weights on the packaging as all babies are shaped differently.

I've never heard of double-nappying but can't imagine it would work too well! :D

Would you consider cloth nappies, even only for night-time use ... I've never tried them, but heard they work very well! It would be a last resort for me to be honest, but may be worth considering.
    Aldi, pampers -baby dry and acti fit, huggies. Aldi still perfect by day but none of these work at night. 14 months and 11kg and going by the packet that's a 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

tinkerbell wrote: »
    Do a search - I think Millem had this exact same problem a few months back - I remember reading about it, you could see what solutions Millem tried.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91878056

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

We had similar issue, tried different nappies, added maternity pads to the nappy etc. The only thing we found to work for us is to change the nappy just before we go to bed.

This gives him a few hours to pee out the bed time bottle.

The nappy is usually full.

He normally doesn't even wake up, and if he does he's back to sleep in 5 mins.

Haven't had him wet in the morning since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I feel your pain!! I tried everything, except for sticking incontinence pads across his belly!!! :D

I ended up having to change him again before I went to bed :( this did not keep him dry 100% though. Some mornings he would soaking :( If it leaked he would scream his head off.

He was sick last week and wasn't drinking so woke up dry. 2 nights ago I changed him at 11pm and he screamed the place down and funny settle back till 1am. So last night I decided to drop his night time bottle and he woke up dry :) he still gets milk twice a day It don't give him any after 4ish. He only gets water.

Just saw he is in a 5. Ignore weight on packets. Get him a baby dry 6 and a baby dry 6+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Yeah defo ignore weights. My lad is in size 5 pampers at night for the last 2 months at 8kg. He was wetting the 4+'s!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Ya ignore the sizes: my 12kg little girl is in 4 or 4+ otherwise they leak. You need to try a few I think. We are using the pamper pants at night because she kept stealing her sisters pull ups so might be worth a shot too! She drinks at least 250ml of water over night sometimes double it and they are doing the job :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

My 8 month old is in 5's, try going up a size. Good luck, I hope something works as soaked nappies are a pain

Millem wrote: »
    I feel your pain!! I tried everything, except for sticking incontinence pads across his belly!!! :D

I ended up having to change him again before I went to bed :( this did not keep him dry 100% though. Some mornings he would soaking :( If it leaked he would scream his head off.

He was sick last week and wasn't drinking so woke up dry. 2 nights ago I changed him at 11pm and he screamed the place down and funny settle back till 1am. So last night I decided to drop his night time bottle and he woke up dry :) he still gets milk twice a day It don't give him any after 4ish. He only gets water.

Just saw he is in a 5. Ignore weight on packets. Get him a baby dry 6 and a baby dry 6+

I didn't want to go up a size cos them they are too loose! Even with size 5 it loosens at the waist.

• Advertisement

cyning wrote: »
    Ya ignore the sizes: my 12kg little girl is in 4 or 4+ otherwise they leak. You need to try a few I think. We are using the pamper pants at night because she kept stealing her sisters pull ups so might be worth a shot too! She drinks at least 250ml of water over night sometimes double it and they are doing the job :)

My fella is 11kg. I just went down a size to 4+ in case the 5 is too loose thus leaking. You're my case in point then.

colm_c wrote: »
    We had similar issue, tried different nappies, added maternity pads to the nappy etc. The only thing we found to work for us is to change the nappy just before we go to bed.

This gives him a few hours to pee out the bed time bottle.

The nappy is usually full.

He normally doesn't even wake up, and if he does he's back to sleep in 5 mins.

Haven't had him wet in the morning since.

God i take on board the idea but baulk at the notion of waking him to change him but maybe that's the solution.

Millem wrote: »

My fella does drink a lot so probably need to cut that back. He has his tea at 4.45 /5 with water and then bedtime bottle at 7. Maybe I need to reduce one or the other but he still needs 400 -500 ml milk a day right? He does drink a load of water.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

73trix wrote: »
    My fella does drink a lot so probably need to cut that back. He has his tea at 4.45 /5 with water and then bedtime bottle at 7. Maybe I need to reduce one or the other but he still needs 400 -500 ml milk a day right? He does drink a load of water.

I started giving him "supper" eg a slice of toast instead of bedtime bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Definitely disregard what's written on the packets, my 9.5kg 8 month old has been in 5s for over a month. We put a new on at 7pm before bed and it lasts fine until about 9am.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

73trix wrote: »
    Aldi, pampers -baby dry and acti fit, huggies. Aldi still perfect by day but none of these work at night. 14 months and 11kg and going by the packet that's a 5.

Go back down to 4+

We just moved our 19 month old in to 5+ at night but he was leaking, so he back into his 4+ again no leaks.

Don't go by the weight, go by the baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The only thing which solved this for us was a smaller bedtime bottle. Go for some supper and a 4 oz bottle rather than a full one.

Advertisement