Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a new broadband connection

Options
  • 09-12-2015 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

I am currently looking to get broadband at home and the house currently has a phone line which isn't presently in use but had been by the previous occupants. I also have no idea what level of broadband the line can take but this is not a fibre enabled area. Eir maps are saying that fibre will be available within 6 weeks. I doubt this.

If an order was placed this week for Eir Broadband, would it be possible to have a working broadband connection pre Christmas? I have no need of Landline phone and require just broadband.

Area is Limerick county.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

amadablam wrote: »
    I am currently looking to get broadband at home and the house currently has a phone line which isn't presently in use but had been by the previous occupants. I also have no idea what level of broadband the line can take but this is not a fibre enabled area. Eir maps are saying that fibre will be available within 6 weeks. I doubt this.

If an order was placed this week for Eir Broadband, would it be possible to have a working broadband connection pre Christmas? I have no need of Landline phone and require just broadband.

Area is Limerick county.
    Hi amadablam

If you PM me your address I'll have a look in to this further for you and get back to you as soon as I can.

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

eir: Alan wrote: »

Area is Limerick county.
    Hi amadablam

If you PM me your address I'll have a look in to this further for you and get back to you as soon as I can.

Cheers
    Al
    Hi ALan

many thanks for your response.

Just sent you a PM with address and google maps link to the location.

Look forward to hearing from you

Please PM for any details :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Hi ALan

Hi Alan

Never heard back from you on the pm.

Can you let me know me know if I need to provide you you with anything else?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi ALan

Hi Alan

Never heard back from you on the pm.

Can you let me know me know if I need to provide you you with anything else?

Thanks
    Sorry for the delays amadablam

I have had this looked in to and I can confirm that the efibre cabinet is located too far from your location to avail of efibre, The maximum range efibre can reach from a cabinet is 2KM and your premises is approx 4km from the cabinet.

I cannot test your specific line as your area has a lot of lines at it and the specific line can't be found - the number you included does not show any service for this address either. That should not prove an issue in ordering a line and broadband though - I have tested other lines and the general speeds for your area range from 1.5Mb to 4Mb.

I hope this helps you in your decision and should you wish to order please contact eir sales on free phone 1800500300

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement