Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anybody find the Irish Media annoying when it comes to celebrities?

• 09-12-2015 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I do. Especially people like Ryan Tubridy and the hosts from Expose.
    What I mean is that whenever an non Irish celebrity comes to Ireland the media makes such a big deal out of it. They constantly ask the celebrity about their Irish heritage and how much do they like it. It's kind of like they are looking for compliments.
    Examples:
    1. When Tom Cruise came here they when totally overboard with the "how Irish are you, Tom?" act. It was cringe worthy.
    2. When Jim Carey was dating Catriona White they kept mentioning she was Irish.
    3. Donald Trump. Enough said.
    4. The "Anchorman" cast were forced to wear Irish jerseys by Ryan Tubridy.
    5. An American actress wore a dress by an Irish designer to an award show and Expose acted like it was a huge deal.
    6. When Kim Kardashian and Kanye West honeymooned here the media acted like God had arrived and was insulted when the couple found the country boring.
    7. Whenever anyone Irish is nominated for an award, like Saoirse Ronan, they act like it's Ireland accomplishment, not hers.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 277 ✭✭JackieBauer

It's embarrassing alright. We love to think we are special and we want compliments from Americans even though we always slag them off

• Registered Users Posts: 1 chloesmith

I think that the likes off RTE talk shows such as The Late Late and previous Brendan what ever is face is and all these types are absolute Rubbish , the night-time and daytime TV talk shows are an embarrassment up again foreign talk shows. The hosts are in no way appealing to the audience half the time, they ask stupid questions that no one really cares about or wants to know about. I feel that the standards are very low and I personally would not waste my time watching even a segment of a show like the Late Late.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 oliviablond

chloesmith wrote: »
    I think that the likes off RTE talk shows such as The Late Late and previous Brendan what ever is face is and all these types are absolute Rubbish , the night-time and daytime TV talk shows are an embarrassment up again foreign talk shows. The hosts are in no way appealing to the audience half the time, they ask stupid questions that no one really cares about or wants to know about. I feel that the standards are very low and I personally would not waste my time watching even a segment of a show like the Late Late.

Yeap.. agree!

Advertisement