Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Micro fiche scanning

Options
  • 10-12-2015 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

Had a fast search but can't see anything, Does anybody know where I can get some micro fiche scanned or how can I get it to my computer, I doubt my scanner is any good, are there solutions? All help welcome,Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Plenty of companies in Ireland do microfiche scanning - https://www.google.ie/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=microfiche%20scanning%20ireland

These would probably be the best idea for large quantities but if it's for just a few records, you could photograph them straight from the microfiche reader....provided you have a decent camera. A tripod would make the process easier.

Oh, and check the copyright regulations for the records you want to copy.

Edit. From your location and the Google results above, there is a company in Limerick doing microfiche scanning. Not going to say the name in case it contravenes the rules in here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭digger58

Thanks for that, I only searched boards.ie! It's just one "slide" I want done,

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭digger58

Contacted a place here in Limerick, they said they can do it, went today, can't do it as the size is wrong! My fiche slide is a parts list, it is 24X18 CMs, anyone know where I can get it scanned? I presume a lot of these scanning companies are doing medical records and other fiches which are a lot smaller than mine. Anybody experimented with scanning these at home?

Advertisement