Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tampering???

Options
  • 12-12-2015 7:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

So I moved home last Thursday into my uncles property he isn't living here and my dad rents the property for him so when previous tenant packed up and left without a goodbye ( they left rent and keys in a letter in our letterbox and house was spotless so no complaints ) but I went and set up my gas and electricity etc that day. Then on Monday esb came out and disconnected my supply because supposibly the previous tenant had money owing on his account and they had already put in for a disconnection so long story short they ended up coming out and reconnecting it for me but when he did he said the electricity box had been tampered with by the previous tenant!!!!!! Luckily they replaced it but he said they have to send it off for examination to see how much it had been tampered with, I don't think it was much because hey had only been there a short number of months and I found bills for like 300e and 200e !! My dad is worrying incase he now gets the blame for it or my uncles seems as the previous tenant is gone and we have no contact etc for him only a name, as far as we know he got into trouble and had to leave the county/country we don't know as his phone is off but he seemed so so nice when he signed the contract etc !! Do you think anything would happen with this ? Will they send me a letter or ask who my landlord is ( which is my uncle / dad who does it for him) should I tell them ?? My dad is a very sick man who is old and I don't want this to come down on him ! My uncles isn't in the country he lives foreign !! Or will they just forget about it seems as there is no contact and only a name for this previous tenant ?? Ugh why do people have to do this ?? Also I am so scared incase they think I done something because my fingerprints are on the box because when the electricity got turned off I went looking for a switch lol something so silly but I'm freaking out !!!! Please help
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement