If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound bars

Options
  • 10-12-2015 7:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Looking for some advice on soundbars.

Essentially would like wireless connectivity (Bluetooth/WiFi/NFC) to stream music. USB connection(s) that also charged android and apple devices would be a bonus.

We can't sit in front of sound bar. Given this is it even worth paying extra for a five speaker bar?

Also, is the separate subwoofer worth it? Or are the built in ones just as good?

What is the sound like on the wireless speakers? I had a wireless home cinema kit about ten years ago which had a terrible hiss off the wireless speakers. I'm hoping they've come a long way since then!

Would I need two connection points? One to connect TV and other to connect blu ray?

Budget is no more than 300euro. What would you recommend and is there anything else I should consider?

TIA

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

VandC wrote: »
    Hi,
    Looking for some advice on soundbars.

Essentially would like wireless connectivity (Bluetooth/WiFi/NFC) to stream music. USB connection(s) that also charged android and apple devices would be a bonus.

We can't sit in front of sound bar. Given this is it even worth paying extra for a five speaker bar?

Also, is the separate subwoofer worth it? Or are the built in ones just as good?

What is the sound like on the wireless speakers? I had a wireless home cinema kit about ten years ago which had a terrible hiss off the wireless speakers. I'm hoping they've come a long way since then!

Would I need two connection points? One to connect TV and other to connect blu ray?

Budget is no more than 300euro. What would you recommend and is there anything else I should consider?

TIA
    Hi sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  In the budget the one that I think ticks the most boxes is the Philips htl5140 http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201499-htl5140.aspx#tabSpecifications-tab .  It has Bluetooth, NFC and USB.  It also has an HDMI input for your Blue ray or Sky HD and an HDMI out to go to the TV.  The HDMI out has ARC (Audio Return Channel), so provided your TV has ARC too any audio on you tv (smart features, tv broadcasts etc) can be output to the sound bar.  If you TV doesn't have ARC don't panic the Philips has an optical input too.  As for a separate sub or not I personally favour a separate sub it just provides that extra punch that is hard to get from a built in sub.

Regards Stephen

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.