Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3Arena suggestions

Options
  • 10-12-2015 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm going to a gig in the 3Arena soon and I'd like to grab something to eat beforehand...so somewhere nearby the venue, or possibly even a little walk away. We are not looking for anything fancy, even a good pub that does nice grub or a casual restaurant with a nice atmosphere with a good menu (Early bird perhaps).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks E!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

The Brew Dock beside the Busaras Luas Stop, they even sometimes do free drinks upon the presentation of a valid show ticket. Craft beer (no macro at all) and pretty good food too.

Get on the luas outside the door after straight down to The Point.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

I've done that - and while the beer selection is good, the food is very poor in my opinion. Tried it on two separate occasions to see if i was just unlucky the first time and same again.

IFSC has one or two options, Harbourmaster and Pizza place in Mayor Square. I've never been but could be an option, or the new(ish) eddie rockets burger place near Samuel Beckett Bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭VisibleGorilla

The boat! MV Cill Airne.

Nice food, nice bar, interesting location and a 5 minute walk up to the 3 Arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

Harbourmaster or Ely across the road will do a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭factnee

The Oarsman in Ringsend is excellent. It's about a 7 minute walk and has great food as well as a decent selection of beers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

cson wrote: »
    Harbourmaster or Ely across the road will do a job.

Went here before a gig once.
    lovely pub and great choice of food options.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ElecKtrA

Cheers guys, loads to choose from above! appreciate it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Went here before a gig once.
    lovely pub and great choice of food options.

Only €4.40 a pint if you go there on a Thursday/Friday too.

Advertisement