Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nespresso / Aeroccino - Help!

• 10-12-2015 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

Hi all. My wife is looking for a Nespresso for Xmas and I have absolutely no idea where to start!, I am not a coffee drinker myself. She would like Cappuccinos and Lattes so I think she said she would need the Aeroccino also. Could anybody guide me in the right direction please?!! Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,479 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yes you would need the aeroccino.
    For reasonable money you have 3 choices,

Inissia with aeroccino
    234539912?$prod_main$
    Pixie with aeroccino
    231204767alt2?$prod_main$
    umilk
    nespresso-umilk-coffee-machine-by-krups-pure-cream.jpg

From what I can see, mechanically the inissia and pixie are pretty much the same thing, except the pixie is a lot better finished, the inissia is very plasticky and just doesn't feel that special, the pixie has a lot more chrome and metal parts and has an on/off button.
    There are pixie and pixie clips, the latter has interchange side panels available in different colours and is a newer version,

The u and milk is an all in one machine, as in it only uses one plug, and the aeroccino canister sits onto the base of the machine. It doesn't have a lever to load the pod like the others, it seems to do it electrically. Could be an option if you're tight for space as the water tank can swivel to the side of the machine instead of being fixed at the back like the others. My gut feeling would be to get the 2 separate machines in case one bit goes wrong. There is a Citiz one too which seems very similar.

Debenhams were doing great deals on them a few weeks ago, but prices seem to have gone up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Yes you would need the aeroccino.
    For reasonable money you have 3 choices,

Inissia with aeroccino
    234539912?$prod_main$
    Pixie with aeroccino
    231204767alt2?$prod_main$
    umilk
    nespresso-umilk-coffee-machine-by-krups-pure-cream.jpg

From what I can see, mechanically the inissia and pixie are pretty much the same thing, except the pixie is a lot better finished, the inissia is very plasticky and just doesn't feel that special, the pixie has a lot more chrome and metal parts and has an on/off button.
    There are pixie and pixie clips, the latter has interchange side panels available in different colours and is a newer version,

The u and milk is an all in one machine, as in it only uses one plug, and the aeroccino canister sits onto the base of the machine. It doesn't have a lever to load the pod like the others, it seems to do it electrically. Could be an option if you're tight for space as the water tank can swivel to the side of the machine instead of being fixed at the back like the others. My gut feeling would be to get the 2 separate machines in case one bit goes wrong. There is a Citiz one too which seems very similar.

Debenhams were doing great deals on them a few weeks ago, but prices seem to have gone up again.

Thank you so much for this. Debenhams had the pixie + aerocinno for €149 a few weeks ago, why the blazes did I not buy it there and then?! I think it had €70 off. I can get the inissia + aerocinno for €159 but I have to agree in comparison it looks very plasticky. Thanks again.

I got the pixie for €149, they reduced it to €138 for Black Friday.

Don't know if anywhere will reduce them again this side of Christmas. Would suck to buy the inissia for €160 then see them reduced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭Carlosthejakal

Try kildare village the shop there always has nespresso machines on offer

Try kildare village the shop there always has nespresso machines on offer

I got my pixie here for €89 - because it was brown.

I don't care that it's brown!!!

• Advertisement

Ok, I panicked and bought the Pixie + Aerocinno from Argos yesterday for €205. Went into Debenhams today and it is €208, however the Inissia + Aerocinno has been reduced from €149 to €114. May well be returning the Pixie!

Watch out for the colours on the inissia. The cream colour is pretty rotten in the flesh. looks grand in the brochure/interwebs

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Watch out for the colours on the inissia. The cream colour is pretty rotten in the flesh. looks grand in the brochure/interwebs

Yes I did think that myself. It was nearly all cream left in Debenhams at the €114

Advertisement