Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2016 Babies Club

Options
  • 10-12-2015 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

I didn't see another thread for this so thought I'd get the ball rolling. We found out we're expecting at the start of August, I'm nearly 5 weeks gone already! I'm showing already and my jeans are starting to get a bit cosy, digging into me so I had to buy a few maternity bottoms already. I got through my last pregnancy great but I can see this one being harder already. Hopefully there will be others along to join me soon :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Congrats! I'm in the July thread but thought I'd say congratulations anyway! Best of luck with the pregnancy!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Think I'm joining you. Due Aug 10 and will be my third. I'll have 3 under 3 so this pregnancy is a massive shock for me. Still trying to get my head round it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Miss Merry Berry

Congrats! I'm in the July thread but thought I'd say congratulations anyway! Best of luck with the pregnancy!

Thank you! Who knows, I might end up in the July thread at the end. I was in the July thread the last time but gave birth in August. I might do the opposite this time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 elleg

Congratulations Miss Merry Berry. Is this number two for you?

I'll tentatively put myself in here too. Looks like we're expecting number 2 on August 8th. Our son is 20 months. I'm excited at the thought of having a sibling for him. Hopefully everything will go well. I had a relatively easy pregnancy last time so I'm hoping for the same again, but I can see already that being pregnant with a toddler will be tiring. I'm knackered in the evenings.

elleg wrote: »
    Congratulations Miss Merry Berry. Is this number two for you?

I'll tentatively put myself in here too. Looks like we're expecting number 2 on August 8th. Our son is 20 months. I'm excited at the thought of having a sibling for him. Hopefully everything will go well. I had a relatively easy pregnancy last time so I'm hoping for the same again, but I can see already that being pregnant with a toddler will be tiring. I'm knackered in the evenings.

Yes, I have a 2.5 year old too. You took the words out of my mouth, I'm finding the same thing, the last pregnancy went great. I didn't have any morning sickness and could rest and sleep when I felt like it. This time is different, my daughter is using me as a horse, a slide, climbing frame, you name it! It's so hard getting any rest and I'm exhausted in the evening too but I'm so looking forward to my daughter having a sibling too. I was extremely close in age to all my siblings and this is the way I wanted it for my own family. It'll all be worth it in the end :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 elleg

I was hoping we'd have a few new joiners?!

Happy with the age gap too. Feel like we're "in the zone" in terms of nappies, childcare, baby stuff!

How's everyone feeling? I'm a little nauseous, certainly more than last time, but nothing major. I swing between not being able to look at food and absolutely ravenous. No puking though. Phew!

When is everyone telling friends and family?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Jbubs

Hello ladies, I'm 7 weeks today. Due on August 5th in holles street.
    Feeling grand, slightly sore boobs. Have a 16 month old little boy and had a great pregnancy with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

Hi! I'm due on the 15th of August with my little suprise baby Haha. I already have a 2.5year old but he was born abroad and even though I'm a nurse I'm completely clueless about how the whole process works here.

I'm going to the Coombe. Sent in my letter last week and was expecting to get my dating scan at around 12 weeks but got a response this week and it turns out it will take place on my 8th week. It's great but does that mean I wont have another one until I'm 18/20 weeks gone? I was hoping it would be later so I could tell people after having it as it would be past the first trimester mark...

izzyflusky wrote: »
    Hi! I'm due on the 15th of August with my little suprise baby Haha. I already have a 2.5year old but he was born abroad and even though I'm a nurse I'm completely clueless about how the whole process works here.

I'm going to the Coombe. Sent in my letter last week and was expecting to get my dating scan at around 12 weeks but got a response this week and it turns out it will take place on my 8th week. It's great but does that mean I wont have another one until I'm 18/20 weeks gone? I was hoping it would be later so I could tell people after having it as it would be past the first trimester mark...

From what I can remember, you have your first scan around the 3 month mark which it looks like they're giving you early and then the big scan around 20 weeks. I went to the Coombe up to 8 months and then moved home to have my baby last time. I found the staff at the Coombe amazing.

The nauseousness has caught up with me this week along with the tiredness. I will be 8 weeks pregnant this week, it's crazy to believe. I'm so excited but I know there's a long way to go :)

elleg wrote: »
    I was hoping we'd have a few new joiners?!

Happy with the age gap too. Feel like we're "in the zone" in terms of nappies, childcare, baby stuff!

How's everyone feeling? I'm a little nauseous, certainly more than last time, but nothing major. I swing between not being able to look at food and absolutely ravenous. No puking though. Phew!

When is everyone telling friends and family?

I'm gong to wait until I have the first scan and then enjoy the news hopefully and wait a while after that. Maybe around the 4 month mark if I can get away with it for that long :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey everyone!

Hope everyone's feeling well!

We found out about our little surprise last week, had first gp appointment yesterday, roughly 7 weeks now! Were still getting our heads around everything, but it all feels so surreal at the moment!

Something has just dawned on me though....how to navigate the festive season! Thankfully I don't drink so that's not an issue, what I'm worried about is getting through any nausea i might have! At the moment it's not to bad, hit or miss at any time of the day, but I'm expecting it to kick in properly during the week. My biggest concern is spending time at my home place, my mam will have me haunted if she thinks I'm sick, especially if its for more than a day. Telling her isn't an option at the moment because she's the one that probably won't react to the news to kindly at first at least.

Any suggestions? I know its probably really obvious but I'm coming up blank!

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Evaleigh

Hi everyone! I'm due my first on August 16th. Nausea really started this week for me. I take no joy in food, which is sad this time of year as i usually love Christmas food. Congrats to you all - hopefully we can all have a little rest over the hols now!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

Can't believe I'm posting this but after numerous positive tests, I'm pregnant with number two!!! Think all going well I'll be due August 20th. We have a 2.5 year old boy. Really shocked but also really excited.

From what I can remember, you have your first scan around the 3 month mark which it looks like they're giving you early and then the big scan around 20 weeks. I went to the Coombe up to 8 months and then moved home to have my baby last time. I found the staff at the Coombe amazing.

The nauseousness has caught up with me this week along with the tiredness. I will be 8 weeks pregnant this week, it's crazy to believe. I'm so excited but I know there's a long way to go :)

Might book a private scan at 12 weeks then for reassurance. I was a bit annoyed about having to pay but realised that I will be in Spain that week and they are about 40 euro so not too bad.

Evaleigh, I've been told that ginger tablets help. I think I'm going to try them. I'm so nauseous! I'm not being sick like with my first (bar one time), but it's a horrible feeling. With my first I took Cariban (not licensed here but your pharmacist can order it for you), it didn't take the feeling away but it help get food down. The only thing is that because it is not "sold" here it costs something like 40 euro a box!! Crazy!! It was a life saver, but I was abroad so it was about 17 euro instead. I don't get sick now so don't think it would do that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Meyalee

Hi everyone!
    Looks like I will be joining you girls, due on 31 August with our first. After 9 months of trying finaly we got the surprise positive on St.Stephen's day. First we thought its a mistake, but 5 positives after convinced us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Polerina

Aw congrats :) I'm due in August myself! August 8th! First time mum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭MichB2012

Joining in here too :) doesn't feel real yet. When do you go about booking the hosp? (My mother sorted all for me last time so I haven't a clue!)

MichB2012 wrote: »
    Joining in here too :) doesn't feel real yet. When do you go about booking the hosp? (My mother sorted all for me last time so I haven't a clue!)

Hey! Congrats :) I've already booked in, booked in pretty much a few days after I found out!

Hope everyone is feeling great after the festive period. I don't know if anyone is going through this but I'm so paranoid at the minute. I've been so indisciplined about food and haven't been eating as healthy as I normally would. I'm still eating well I suppose. I went to a spa during the week and stupidly got into a hot tub. When I got home, I just happened to read that hot tubs and jacuzzi are really bad for the baby and they can cause deformities due to the high/low temperatures. I don't know, I wish I could get these thoughts out of my head!!

Hope everyone is feeling great after the festive period. I don't know if anyone is going through this but I'm so paranoid at the minute. I've been so indisciplined about food and haven't been eating as healthy as I normally would. I'm still eating well I suppose. I went to a spa during the week and stupidly got into a hot tub. When I got home, I just happened to read that hot tubs and jacuzzi are really bad for the baby and they can cause deformities due to the high/low temperatures. I don't know, I wish I could get these thoughts out of my head!!

I think I'm going to be constantly panicking until I can feel baby move! I'm sure you'll be fine, it's probably just regular use that is harmful! Also fair play to you for trying to eat better, I am just non stop eating junk, salty food is all I can eat right now!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 lily365

Hi Everyone!
    I am expecting our first baby on August 10th! Havnt been feeling great for the last few weeks lots of nausea, it has eased off the last 3 days or so, so I'm hoping it will stay away as I'm back to work tomorrow after the Christmas!
    I know how you feel Miss Merry Berry healthy eating has gone out the window the last few weeks I'm hoping to get back to being more disciplined now that the Christmas is over!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

Hope everyone is doing good. Back to work this morning after the Christmas break. Spent most of the weekend dreading it! Have made an appointment with my GP for Friday so that should get the ball rolling. The healthy eating and exercise is back in our house today I was a disaster over the holidays!

Went to my appointment at the Coombe today. It turns out they had my dates wrong and thought I was 16weeks pregnant. So I had my medical history taken, bloods and the scan was rescheduled. I'll have it in 3 weeks time when I'm 11 weeks. But since I had planned to book a private scan at 12 weeks anyway I decided to ring a private clinic and book one for today. I was seeing my little bean within the hour. Heart beating away and wouldn't stop moving :P

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭shanek248

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone knows around what week they see you in the Coombe for Booking-in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

I think I am ready to join this thread, though am very nervous.

After 3 years ttc and 2 miscarriages I am now 8 weeks pregnant with twins. Still can't quite believe it!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Jbubs

Oh wow x Congratulations.
    How are you feeling?

brokensoul wrote: »
    I think I am ready to join this thread, though am very nervous.

After 3 years ttc and 2 miscarriages I am now 8 weeks pregnant with twins. Still can't quite believe it!

Oh wow..fantastic! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months..or 7 and a half now :)

shanek248 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone knows around what week they see you in the Coombe for Booking-in ?

I think it's around week 12? I did the online booking for holles st. Just waiting to hear now about an appointment

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Jbubs wrote: »
    Oh wow x Congratulations.
    How are you feeling?

Thank you.

Feeling good, tired and a bit nauseous but all manageable.

Had some bleeding at 5 weeks so was certain I was miscarrying again, which has left me quite anxious, but hopefully that will ease with time.

• Advertisement

shanek248 wrote: »

Around 12 weeks. They called me in at 8 weeks but it was a mistake, they thought I was 16 weeks for some reason so I'm back in 2 weeks (will be 11 weeks) just for the scan as they took my history and did my bloods at the beginning of the month.

Advertisement