Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2016 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Oh girls, I'm certainly noticing the aches and pains now! Mainly just in my back at the moment, it's very hit and miss. I'm also finding that it's getting harder to get comfortable in bed and getting out is getting harder and harder! God love himself with me over the next few months :-)!!!

Found out last night that a brother of someone close to us is naming their baby the male version of a girls name we have on our list, that in itself not a major issue, but they would have same nick name/shortened version which is what I love about the name.... It's not off the list for me, but makes me slightly hesitant. The babies would only see each other a few times a year, but still not sure what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Twinkle29

brokensoul wrote: »
    Went back for the rest of my anatomy scan this morning. All fine with that, thank god, but the twin clinic still concerned that they are measuring small so I will be scanned weekly from here on.

They are 1lb 5oz and 1lb 7 oz, which puts them in the 3rd percentile.

Lots of movement, strong heartbeats, good doplers and no structural issues so they are stressing to me that they don't see any issue but they want to keep an eye on it.

Feel like crying though, so scared that the won't thrive.

Have your cry, get it out of your system and then focus on all that list of positives that the professionals have told you. It is completely natural for you to worry. It is fantastic that they will monitor you weekly now, give those little ones all the care and attention they deserve.

scarepanda wrote: »
    Oh girls, I'm certainly noticing the aches and pains now! Mainly just in my back at the moment, it's very hit and miss. I'm also finding that it's getting harder to get comfortable in bed and getting out is getting harder and harder! God love himself with me over the next few months :-)!!!

Found out last night that a brother of someone close to us is naming their baby the male version of a girls name we have on our list, that in itself not a major issue, but they would have same nick name/shortened version which is what I love about the name.... It's not off the list for me, but makes me slightly hesitant. The babies would only see each other a few times a year, but still not sure what to do.

Oh getting in and out of bed is great fun!! Its now not possible to do it without some involuntary sighs and yelps out of me.

I wouldn't let that put me off the name. If you love it and its a nice name then your baby will make it their own. It might be harder if it was two girls or two boys but when it is a boy and a girl there will be some variation on spelling and even the nick names could be different. Boys are divils for surname nicknames anyway so your girl will get more benefit out of the lovely name ;)

Oh brokensoul, I know it's impossible and a lot easier said than done, but try look on the positives - the Drs don't think that there's an issue, but will be keeping a close eye on you and babies till their born. They will only do what's best for all of ye and will be able to keep on top of any changes that might happen.

That's very true twinkle, although the boys second name isn't really one you would use! It's a bit strange, at least up this neck of the woods! The dad said that they would be using the nickname, but I have a feeling the Mam will be using the given name. I suppose my main issue is that the babies will be indirectly related to each other. Well see though, plenty of time yet and the names list may well change regardless!

So update on worst comment to say to a pregnant person of only 6 months....Sales Manager (lady who has two kids) just says to me:

Manager: "My God, you look like you are literally about to have your baby...when are you due again?"
    Me: (look of shock on my face) "Eh...August"

Grrrrrrr...weekend officially ruined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Twinkle29 wrote: »
    So update on worst comment to say to a pregnant person of only 6 months....Sales Manager (lady who has two kids) just says to me:

Manager: "My God, you look like you are literally about to have your baby...when are you due again?"
    Me: (look of shock on my face) "Eh...August"

Grrrrrrr...weekend officially ruined.

What a B*tch!

Try not to let it upset you - we are meant to be getting bigger, tis a good sign.

Got a lovely surprise today, a girl that works with my sister in law (who I have met once I think) dropped in a big bag to maternity clothes for me!! She is adamant that she is not having any more kids and so was clearing out and thought of me. Such a lovely pick me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

Jeez twinkle what an idiot! Take no heed people honestly can't help themselves. I was at a hen about 6 weeks ago and a girl came up to me and was like 'wow I didn't know you were expecting, you must be around 30 weeks ya?' I was 20!! To add insult to injury she was a bloody midwife!!!!In fairness the outfit I was wearing at the time emphasised the bit of a bump I had hugely and that night when I was wearing a different dress she was back peddling like a mad thing, but seriously why say anything.

Is everyone enjoying the weather? Absolutely baking here at the moment. Had my GTT this morning. Wasn't as bad as I thought.

Haven't been sleeping the last 10 days and it's starting to take a toll on me. There is no reason either, I'm still fairly comfortable, no aches or pains either. I wake up at 2am on the button and that's me awake until 6am. I'm so sick of it.

Feel terribly for saying it but my boy is driving me crazy today :( he is in terrible form, really whingey and clingy and lashing out too. Really hope tomorrow will be a better day.

Have you made your decision Judge Trudy? It's a tough one. Like others have said children are so adaptable but at the same time I know how you feel about too much change, especially all around the time the baby will be here. On the other hand family life will probably be so much easier without that 3hour daily commute and that knock on affect will benefit you little girl.

Happy Friday everyone! Enjoy the sunshine.

Good ladies, that's awful. People have no filter sometimes do they?

I'm involved in a youth club in our area. There's a big event on today that were all at. I'm tired, my backs sore, my bump is sore and all I want at the moment is to crawl into bed :-(. It's not over yet and we have at least an hour's drive to get home.... But god knows how long it will take to get everyone rounded up, loaded on the bus and get on the road.....

Good ladies, that's awful. People have no filter sometimes do they?

I'm involved in a youth club in our area. There's a big event on today that were all at. I'm tired, my backs sore, my bump is sore and all I want at the moment is to crawl into bed :-(. It's not over yet and we have at least an hour's drive to get home.... But god knows how long it will take to get everyone rounded up, loaded on the bus and get on the road.....

Ya poor thing. Try and take it handy tomorrow!

Thanks brokensoul!

I was feeling awful sorry for myself when I posted last night! They had kicked leaders out of their area so I had no where to sit and was so uncomfortable! My OH had looked after the dogs this morning though, so iv been able to lounge in bed for a while! Feeling loads better now!

How's everyone feeling? The weather's gorgeous isn't it?

• Advertisement

Hi all,

Sounds like I am not the only one on the receiving end of horrible insensitive comments. Onwards and upwards I guess.

cant26, sorry to hear you are not sleeping. Is there anything about your routine that you could change to help you sleep? Have you tried any yoga/relaxation stuff? I am usually NOT a yoga/relaxation type person but I have been doing it as recommended by a friend and I find that really helps.

Brokensoul, what a fab surprise getting all those clothes. It's such a pick me up to have something nice to wear these days.

Scarepanda, sounds like you had a really hectic weekend!! Hope you are recovered now. The good weather is great for keeping our spirits up despite the aches and pains that seem to be creeping in for all of us.

Judge Trudy, I can completely understand your dilemma. I tend to agree with Cant26; taking a 3 hour commute out of your family's day has to compensate for any disruption of moving/new schools etc. That is a huge chunk of time to give up every day.

HELP!!

Apologies in advance if this is TMI ladies, but has ANYONE any tips for dealing with what I would now describe as chronic constipation?? I am getting increasingly miserable now and have tried everything...warm water and lemon, copious amounts of orange juice, gluten free products, fruit n fibre, fybogel twice per day, wholegrain everything, prune juice...nothing has helped. If anyone has any advice, please please share. It is actually getting me down now feeling this uncomfortable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Judge Trudy

We've made the decision to move, I think it's the right thing to do in the short term. It'll be great to have my partner nearby and not waiting for him to come home every evening at 8p.m. Everything will be more convenient as it's closer to a big town too. I'm looking forward to the move now.

Twinkle, sympathies about the constipation. I had it really bad during my last pregnancy and I found trying to pass a stool was worse than giving birth! I was taking Galfer which was making the constipation worse. This time I've learnt what works for me.. taking Galfer earlier in the day at breakfast time and drinking at least 1.5-2 litres of water per day. I haven't had constipation yet but I won't hold my breath yet. Hopefully it'll ease up for you! Basically cleansing yourself out with water is the only thing that worked for me.

Well girls, I had my hospital appointment today. I don't get the point of them if I'm honest, 3 hours wasted doing pretty much what my GP can do in 10 minutes. Only extra thing they did was take bloods, which GP could also do...

Anyways, my weight, BP, urine etc are all good. Baby was moving around and heard HB. So that's all good to know..

I do have ovarian cysts, which were identified on the early private scan that I had back in January. I told my GP at the time and told the midwife at the booking appointment. GP also sent letter to my consultant and gave me one just incase as well.
    Well the dr didn't have a clue about it today, neither letter nor any notes from midwife in my file. Now they're sending me for a scan through radiology, which will probably be an internal because baby is now to big and in the way of the cysts.
    My OH didn't think there was any issue with the exchange between us, Dr and registrar, but something about it really upset me, I just can't put my finger on it. I felt like they were talking down to me, their bedside manner wasn't great I thought. They wouldn't listen to me. They tried to tell me that the cysts could have disappeared because they couldn't see them on the very quick scan they have me. But I know they're there, and at the private anatomy scan they were still visible. And I know from previous experience that once they get to a certain size that they don't go away themselves. The dr was faffing about at the end of the appointment trying to book the scan, but wasn't able to for some reason, and then started telling me when to make next antenatal appointment, but to come back earlier if scan identified something to be worried about with the cysts.

Oh I don't know, I had a pretty awful experience when I had the cyst before. Drs faffing about, not passing on my details, just basic incompetence really. I don't know what it was about the dr and registrar that really unsettled me. I got really upset after the appointment today, over reacted and cried the whole way home.

Anyways, that's my vent for the day. I hope everyone's feeling good xxx

Had a checkup at the hospital yesterday. I finally met my consultant and she is lovely. My glucose levels were low which I was so happy with. I have a sweet tooth and I was convinced I would be borderline. My iron levels are way down even though I'm taking galfer everyday. The scan measured the baby at 32 weeks, 3 weeks ahead! I'm meant to be 29 weeks. Although my partner and I weren't convinced now accurate the scan was. The machine was like something they used in the 80s with a tiny screen and stiff buttons. I felt sorry for the consultant to have to use such antiquated equipment, it belonged in a skip. Now I have a dilemma, do I fork out €180 to have a private scan. I won't be seen for another 6 weeks so I think I might. Will put my mind at ease that I won't be giving birth to a 12 pounder!

Back to the twin clinic this morning, to be told that they don't do weights/measurements every week but every two weeks. This did make me think "so wtf am I here for this week?!" but apparently this week's scan was to check fetal heartbeats, amniotic fluid, placentas, that sort of stuff.

Anyway, all of those things are absolutely fine, which was so reassuring to hear!

Back next week again for a growth scan so fingers crossed they will have put on weight. Asked the ultrasound woman about increasing protein and that sort of thing and she was very dismissive. Basically, her take on it was to keep doing what I was doing as the blood supply was fine, if I enjoyed protein it wouldn't do any harm to eat more of it, but she didn't think it would do any good either.

I think I will keep eating ice cream all the same though, just to be safe ;-)

I have a wedding tomorrow, it has hard to feel elegant when you have brought your dress in a shop that advertises itself "from waddle to toddle"...!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

Week 29 here and the time is just flying. I'm in total nesting mode at work but can't seem to get motivated at all at home. So different to first pregnancy.
    Feeling well thankfully, passed my GTT last week big surprise as had it on first pregnancy so was sure I'd be same this time.
    Pelvic pain raises it's ugly head every now and then and lifting my daughter causes a pull at the front of my tummy but it's manageable at the moment.
    Baby was breech and measuring big on last scan so will see how everything is in couple of weeks when back again.

Well girls, I had my hospital appointment today. I don't get the point of them if I'm honest, 3 hours wasted doing pretty much what my GP can do in 10 minutes. Only extra thing they did was take bloods, which GP could also do...

Anyways, my weight, BP, urine etc are all good. Baby was moving around and heard HB. So that's all good to know..

I do have ovarian cysts, which were identified on the early private scan that I had back in January. I told my GP at the time and told the midwife at the booking appointment. GP also sent letter to my consultant and gave me one just incase as well.
    Well the dr didn't have a clue about it today, neither letter nor any notes from midwife in my file. Now they're sending me for a scan through radiology, which will probably be an internal because baby is now to big and in the way of the cysts.
    My OH didn't think there was any issue with the exchange between us, Dr and registrar, but something about it really upset me, I just can't put my finger on it. I felt like they were talking down to me, their bedside manner wasn't great I thought. They wouldn't listen to me. They tried to tell me that the cysts could have disappeared because they couldn't see them on the very quick scan they have me. But I know they're there, and at the private anatomy scan they were still visible. And I know from previous experience that once they get to a certain size that they don't go away themselves. The dr was faffing about at the end of the appointment trying to book the scan, but wasn't able to for some reason, and then started telling me when to make next antenatal appointment, but to come back earlier if scan identified something to be worried about with the cysts.

Oh I don't know, I had a pretty awful experience when I had the cyst before. Drs faffing about, not passing on my details, just basic incompetence really. I don't know what it was about the dr and registrar that really unsettled me. I got really upset after the appointment today, over reacted and cried the whole way home.

Anyways, that's my vent for the day. I hope everyone's feeling good xxx

Hi Scarepanda,

I am a few days late looking at this (apologies - haven't been on here at all); it sounds like you did not have a good experience at all. How are you feeling about things now? Which hospital are you in? The doctor's incompetence would send me over the edge, especially when you were so diligent to explain all of this from the beginning, get your doctor to write to them etc. and it still made no difference. You did well to hold your cool at all!

I hope you get some better treatment the next time you go back to them. And perhaps you should, in the nicest possible way, inform them of the impact such incompetence has on you. I know when I had a bad experience having a D and C last year I mentioned to them that I was not made aware of some of the side effects of drugs they gave me and I had a terrible experience. Not sure how much good it will do but it made me feel better for having said it to them.

Anyway, hope you are ok :o

Had a checkup at the hospital yesterday. I finally met my consultant and she is lovely. My glucose levels were low which I was so happy with. I have a sweet tooth and I was convinced I would be borderline. My iron levels are way down even though I'm taking galfer everyday. The scan measured the baby at 32 weeks, 3 weeks ahead! I'm meant to be 29 weeks. Although my partner and I weren't convinced now accurate the scan was. The machine was like something they used in the 80s with a tiny screen and stiff buttons. I felt sorry for the consultant to have to use such antiquated equipment, it belonged in a skip. Now I have a dilemma, do I fork out €180 to have a private scan. I won't be seen for another 6 weeks so I think I might. Will put my mind at ease that I won't be giving birth to a 12 pounder!

Maybe before you go for a private scan you should go to your doctor. I was with mine on Tuesday and I asked her this exact question i.e. I am never told what I/the baby are measuring, am I/the baby the right size. So she measured me and said I was measuring exactly 28 weeks. She literally used a measuring tape and said it is old fashioned but she always finds it effective. So might give you more food for thought before you fork out for a private scan.

Twinkle29 wrote: »
    Maybe before you go for a private scan you should go to your doctor. I was with mine on Tuesday and I asked her this exact question i.e. I am never told what I/the baby are measuring, am I/the baby the right size. So she measured me and said I was measuring exactly 28 weeks. She literally used a measuring tape and said it is old fashioned but she always finds it effective. So might give you more food for thought before you fork out for a private scan.

Yes I think you're right. I showed my partner some samples of the 3d scans and we both agreed that we didn't want to know what the baby looks like just yet and that the money would go towards buying other things we need for the baby. I have an appointment with my GP on the 1st so I'll ask her to measure me then. My back is in bits at the moment, really aching :(

Twinkle29 wrote:
    I am a few days late looking at this (apologies - haven't been on here at all); it sounds like you did not have a good experience at all. How are you feeling about things now? Which hospital are you in? The doctor's incompetence would send me over the edge, especially when you were so diligent to explain all of this from the beginning, get your doctor to write to them etc. and it still made no difference. You did well to hold your cool at all!

Twinkle29 wrote:
    I hope you get some better treatment the next time you go back to them. And perhaps you should, in the nicest possible way, inform them of the impact such incompetence has on you. I know when I had a bad experience having a D and C last year I mentioned to them that I was not made aware of some of the side effects of drugs they gave me and I had a terrible experience. Not sure how much good it will do but it made me feel better for having said it to them.

Hi twinkle,

I haven't been on here much the last week either.

Ah I'm feeling a bit meh... unfortunately that sort of crap is what iv learned to expect, it's the only treatment i got last time I had one. Publicly or privately through the public hospital system. I doubt saying anything will do any good and don't know whether it will make me feel any better.
    I knew once they became aware of the cysts, or they became an issue that I would have to go for a separate scan, that doesn't bother me, I'm just peeved that it wasn't an issue earlier for the hospital so that an internal could be avoided. I also know that the sonographer won't tell me properly either way if there's something to worry about because they are afraid if their ****e to say anything without it being reviewed etc.
    The two Drs both put words in my mouth as such to get me to tell them that I was in pain/discomfort from the cysts as by doing this I would get a scan quicker....... the system is just so wrong.
    I'm going Mullingar. Choose Mullingar over Ballinasloe even though we have to travel 40 minutes further because of the ****e that happened in Ballinasloe last time and was happy with mullingar because I ended up under the same consultant that I had the cyst op.

Anyways, we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

On the bright side my bump is getting bigger, not really hidable anymore 😂 and baby has a little dance party most days.... although when himself tries to feel/see him/her moving they go on strike 😞😉!

• Advertisement

Hi twinkle,

I haven't been on here much the last week either.

Ah I'm feeling a bit meh... unfortunately that sort of crap is what iv learned to expect, it's the only treatment i got last time I had one. Publicly or privately through the public hospital system. I doubt saying anything will do any good and don't know whether it will make me feel any better.
    I knew once they became aware of the cysts, or they became an issue that I would have to go for a separate scan, that doesn't bother me, I'm just peeved that it wasn't an issue earlier for the hospital so that an internal could be avoided. I also know that the sonographer won't tell me properly either way if there's something to worry about because they are afraid if their ****e to say anything without it being reviewed etc.
    The two Drs both put words in my mouth as such to get me to tell them that I was in pain/discomfort from the cysts as by doing this I would get a scan quicker....... the system is just so wrong.
    I'm going Mullingar. Choose Mullingar over Ballinasloe even though we have to travel 40 minutes further because of the ****e that happened in Ballinasloe last time and was happy with mullingar because I ended up under the same consultant that I had the cyst op.

Anyways, we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

On the bright side my bump is getting bigger, not really hidable anymore 😂 and baby has a little dance party most days.... although when himself tries to feel/see him/her moving they go on strike 😞😉!

Sorry to hear that you are having a bit of a crap time.

Had an appointment with my consultant this morning, all fine except that the babas are still too small - though not "alarmingly so". Looking less likely that I will make it to 37 weeks as he figures that at some stage they will decide that they are better out than in. have a growth scan in the hospital on Thursday so should hopefully know more after that.

Concentrating now on getting to 32 weeks, and everything after that is a bonus! That is only 5 weeks time - eek!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks brokensoul! It's a pain, but I'll be grand. Just want to get the scan over with, I hate the thoughts if it. Either way there's nothing they can do till baby arrives. But that might be earlier than we expect at this stage if there is something wrong. Time will tell I suppose.

Yikes, 5 weeks..... where is the time going! At least though you and babies are being carefully monitored and the best decision for all three of ye will be made regarding their arrival.
    How are you set in terms of getting ready for them? Have you much more stuff to get/do/organise etc?

Thanks brokensoul! It's a pain, but I'll be grand. Just want to get the scan over with, I hate the thoughts if it. Either way there's nothing they can do till baby arrives. But that might be earlier than we expect at this stage if there is something wrong. Time will tell I suppose.

Yikes, 5 weeks..... where is the time going! At least though you and babies are being carefully monitored and the best decision for all three of ye will be made regarding their arrival.
    How are you set in terms of getting ready for them? Have you much more stuff to get/do/organise etc?

To be honest, if they arrive in 5 weeks they will be in hospital for awhile!

We are not too bad, we have somewhere for them to sleep, car seats, some clothes, changing table, that sort of thing. Need to pack the hospital bag - not sure what to buy for them, I assume I should buy premie body grows rather than newborn. That said, I can send the hubby out to get those if needs be!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

Hi everyone. Haven't been on in a while. Just catching up on everyone's news. Sorry to hear of your not so great experience scarepanda. Hopefully all will be well.
    That's crazy that you may only have five weeks to go Brokensoul!! How do you feel? Great that you and the babies are being monitored so closely.

i was a bridesmaid last week, had a great time but these two day weddings are tough going when you can't even enjoy a glass of bubbles:p. Was great though until the late stages of the nights where so many randomers kept touching my bump:eek: So strange..Did you get any of that at the wedding you were at bokensoul?!

Now that it's all over I have to start moving on getting things sorted for the new arrival. No motivation at all though. We still have to decide on buggy and car seat. 27 weeks tomorrow and starting to feel it. The kicks are very strong and frequent which is great.

I had my GTT almost two weeks ago and haven't been contacted so I am assuming that I passed it. Pretty shocked tbh. Have a midwives appointment next week so they can confirm it.
    My little boy turned three this week, we had the nicest day with him. Felt a bit emotional!!
    Third trimester is almost here:)

cant26 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Haven't been on in a while. Just catching up on everyone's news. Sorry to hear of your not so great experience scarepanda. Hopefully all will be well.
    That's crazy that you may only have five weeks to go Brokensoul!! How do you feel? Great that you and the babies are being monitored so closely.

i was a bridesmaid last week, had a great time but these two day weddings are tough going when you can't even enjoy a glass of bubbles:p. Was great though until the late stages of the nights where so many randomers kept touching my bump:eek: So strange..Did you get any of that at the wedding you were at bokensoul?!

Now that it's all over I have to start moving on getting things sorted for the new arrival. No motivation at all though. We still have to decide on buggy and car seat. 27 weeks tomorrow and starting to feel it. The kicks are very strong and frequent which is great.

I had my GTT almost two weeks ago and haven't been contacted so I am assuming that I passed it. Pretty shocked tbh. Have a midwives appointment next week so they can confirm it.
    My little boy turned three this week, we had the nicest day with him. Felt a bit emotional!!
    Third trimester is almost here:)

I had one person who kept rubbing my bump alright, really didn't like it - she is a bit odd though so I didn't take her up on it - though I was tempted to ask her if she was expecting a genie to appear!!

I am feeling ok, def getting more tired and finding it hard to get a full night's sleep, between discomfort and needing to wee! Still doesn't seem real to me that they might be here in a few weeks. Will probably have a better idea after tomorrow's growth scan. Hoping for good news and terrified of bad...

Glad the bridesmaid duties went well for you!

brokensoul wrote:
    I am feeling ok, def getting more tired and finding it hard to get a full night's sleep, between discomfort and needing to wee! Still doesn't seem real to me that they might be here in a few weeks. Will probably have a better idea after tomorrow's growth scan. Hoping for good news and terrified of bad...

brokensoul wrote:
    I had one person who kept rubbing my bump alright, really didn't like it - she is a bit odd though so I didn't take her up on it - though I was tempted to ask her if she was expecting a genie to appear!!

brokensoul wrote:
    Glad the bridesmaid duties went well for you!

Oh ladies, I'm really not liking the free for all with people thinking that they can touch the bump now that it's there. Not overly comfortable with people staring at it either and then stating the obvious! But the weirdest, most uncomfortable thing was someone blessing it on more than one occasion over the weekend. Really got on my nerves, but didn't say anything to the person coz I have a lot of time for them. I just tried to awkwardly pull away from the embrace.

I'm with you brokensoul on the getting tired easily and sleep is evading me again the last few nights. I just can't get comfortable at all!

How's everyone else feeling? Have ye much more to do/get before baby arrives? It's so weird to think that I'm 29 weeks, it's doesn't seem all that long ago when 29/30 weeks seemed so so far away!

Best of luck with the scan tomorrow brokensoul!

Oh ladies, I'm really not liking the free for all with people thinking that they can touch the bump now that it's there. Not overly comfortable with people staring at it either and then stating the obvious! But the weirdest, most uncomfortable thing was someone blessing it on more than one occasion over the weekend. Really got on my nerves, but didn't say anything to the person coz I have a lot of time for them. I just tried to awkwardly pull away from the embrace.

I'm with you brokensoul on the getting tired easily and sleep is evading me again the last few nights. I just can't get comfortable at all!

How's everyone else feeling? Have ye much more to do/get before baby arrives? It's so weird to think that I'm 29 weeks, it's doesn't seem all that long ago when 29/30 weeks seemed so so far away!

Best of luck with the scan tomorrow brokensoul!

Thanks!

Went ok, one twin is 2lbs and the other 1lb12oz. Still small, but growing - so i'll take that!

Aw that's brilliant brokensoul. How often will you get scanned from now on?

Aw that's brilliant brokensoul. How often will you get scanned from now on?

Every week!

Every second week they do a growth scan and then the opposite week they do a check on their hearts, placentas and stuff like that. That is done in the twin clinic in CUMH

In between those I have meetings with my consultant, was every three weeks but now moving to every two weeks. Every time I go there, I meet with the midwife to check urine, bp and that sort of thing and then the consultant scans me.

All in all, we are getting to see a lot of our munchkins :D

I was talking to a girl at the wedding I was at last week and she had the same consultant. He scanned her every second day for 2 weeks before she delivered her twins. :eek:

Tis a good thing I generally work for myself and can plan my own diary - tis a full time job in itself going to appointments!

• Advertisement

Oh god! Haha, you'll know the hospital inside out by the time they arrived just from appointments! It might be a pain work wise taking the time off, but at least your being well monitored. Are they efficient in the clinic in terms of getting you seen to or is it the same as normal antenatal clinic where you spend half the day sitting around?

Advertisement