Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2016 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

scarepanda wrote: »
    Oh god! Haha, you'll know the hospital inside out by the time they arrived just from appointments! It might be a pain work wise taking the time off, but at least your being well monitored. Are they efficient in the clinic in terms of getting you seen to or is it the same as normal antenatal clinic where you spend half the day sitting around?

They are really good. My appointments so far have all been at 8am and generally I am out of there for 8.40. I think because there is a special twin clinic there are fewer people than the general antenatal scan sessions.

To be honest, it has been great being in there. My only previous time in CUMH was for a D&C post m/c last summer so I had a lot of fear and sadness around going back there. By now though, that has really passed and it just seems like a normal place to go. I had thought earlier in my pregnancy that if my first time back there post D&C was for the birth that could be quite traumatic.

On a lighter note, I had a few hours off this afternoon so I went to see the new X men movie - the babas were leaping around the place during it, I think the noise scared them! - Stupid imax cinema :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭scarepanda

brokensoul wrote:
    To be honest, it has been great being in there. My only previous time in CUMH was for a D&C post m/c last summer so I had a lot of fear and sadness around going back there. By now though, that has really passed and it just seems like a normal place to go. I had thought earlier in my pregnancy that if my first time back there post D&C was for the birth that could be quite traumatic.

brokensoul wrote:
    They are really good. My appointments so far have all been at 8am and generally I am out of there for 8.40. I think because there is a special twin clinic there are fewer people than the general antenatal scan sessions.

brokensoul wrote:
    On a lighter note, I had a few hours off this afternoon so I went to see the new X men movie - the babas were leaping around the place during it, I think the noise scared them! - Stupid imax cinema

Ah that's good. It would be alot worse if it took 2/3 hrs every time.

Oh, I can only imagine how hard that would have been. At least now though you can add some better memories and hopefully get to know some of the staff.

Haha, I don't think our babs has reacted like that, it's usually quite when I'm doing stuff, but I love when it decides to have a dance party! I can only imagine how hectic having two in there is! Are these your first babies brokensoul?

Ah that's good. It would be alot worse if it took 2/3 hrs every time.

Oh, I can only imagine how hard that would have been. At least now though you can add some better memories and hopefully get to know some of the staff.

Haha, I don't think our babs has reacted like that, it's usually quite when I'm doing stuff, but I love when it decides to have a dance party! I can only imagine how hectic having two in there is! Are these your first babies brokensoul?

Yup, first, second and probably last!

I will be 39 at the start of July so am really aware of how lucky I am to be here.

Oh my god, how do those of ye with kids do this?!

I am babysitting my niece and am nearly demented with tiredness from running after her (and her puppy!). I must have climbed the stairs 10 times in an hour last night to try and settle her for sleep.

I am currently bribing child and dog with food and cartoons so I can sit down for half an hour.

This is the future, isn't it.....

Well!

How's everyone getting on?

Is anyone else suffering from their backs? Mine is at me pretty much constantly for the last week or so and been on and off the last 5/6 weeks. Was in with the GP this morning and said it to her, she had a look at it and checked my breathing(?) But didn't really give any advice. Just said that I could take paracetamol if desperate, but to try stay away from it. I can put up with it most of the time, but it's when I can't sleep from the discomfort and tossing and turning that really gets me. Any one got any advice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Twinkle29

Hi all,

I have been missing in action for the last while so only catching up on all your news.

Brokensoul, sounds like the little ones growth is encouraging, I am sure you are delighted with that. And it sounds like you are getting great care which must help you relax somewhat about them. Fingers crossed you get a little longer than 32 weeks.

The touching of the bump thing is odd. Especially now that my belly button is sticking out...I HATE when people touch my belly button and that's at the best of times, not to mind when it is sticking out!!! Overall I have been lucky though, no blessings or anything like that!!

I now have sciatica which isn't fun but not the worst complaint. I also have some weird cyst on my eye that I have to take antibiotics for. So between that, the medication for constipation/IBS...it feels like a full time job being pregnant. Plus I must be bank rolling the doctor at this stage...I am never out of there!!!

I am also finding it hard to get comfortable in bed. The weight when sleeping on my side is making my hips sore so I wake up achy and I don't think I actually can turn in bed any more without making some involuntary sighs and squeals!! But only 10 weeks left now so I'll survive that hopefully.

Well!

How's everyone getting on?

Is anyone else suffering from their backs? Mine is at me pretty much constantly for the last week or so and been on and off the last 5/6 weeks. Was in with the GP this morning and said it to her, she had a look at it and checked my breathing(?) But didn't really give any advice. Just said that I could take paracetamol if desperate, but to try stay away from it. I can put up with it most of the time, but it's when I can't sleep from the discomfort and tossing and turning that really gets me. Any one got any advice?

Sounds like you are having a tough time with your back. I am ok so far but I have been doing pre-natal yoga which is apparently good for back pain. I also find swimming really relieves the sciatica so I wonder would that help your back?

Do you have VHI? They have a mid wife service you can sign up to and you could talk to them about advice for your back to be completely on the safe side before you try anything.

My hips are less sore than they were earlier in the pregnancy, but my knees are now sore at night - go figure!

I find walking in the swimming pool really helpful, the nurse in my GP surgery suggested it and I always feel better after it.

Twinkle29 wrote:
    Do you have VHI? They have a mid wife service you can sign up to and you could talk to them about advice for your back to be completely on the safe side before you try anything.

Twinkle29 wrote:
    Sounds like you are having a tough time with your back. I am ok so far but I have been doing pre-natal yoga which is apparently good for back pain. I also find swimming really relieves the sciatica so I wonder would that help your back?

brokensoul wrote:
    My hips are less sore than they were earlier in the pregnancy, but my knees are now sore at night - go figure!

brokensoul wrote:
    I find walking in the swimming pool really helpful, the nurse in my GP surgery suggested it and I always feel better after it.

Ahh, it's just getting to me at the moment because I haven't been able to get a decent night's sleep for the last few days. Was on the brink of taking some paracetamol last night, but himself gave me a good back rub and made me a hot water bottle which helped alot. Iv been meaning to go to the pool, don't actually know why I haven't to be honest! Iv been thinking of contacting my physio. Tore my ACL last summer and found him great for that, just not sure if it be over reacting by going or whether he deals with pregnancy issues. I'm very weary of my back at the best of times, it's dodgy and my Mam fecked up her back while in labour with me and has never been the same since. I don't want the same thing to happen to me.
    We're with aviva, I know they have Nurses line, must see whether they have a midwife. Iv asked gp and dr in hospital and neither have given me any real advice. I know it could just be normal pregnancy aches and pains, so afraid of over reacting to much......
    Oh and to make things even more fun at night baby seems to have moved and is sitting on my bladder.....

Oh brokensoul, it's one thing after another isn't it? I have to say though, I can't complain to much. Iv had it very easy so far, even with the back. It's probably only in the last week or so that iv started noticing other aches and pains and not being able to bend down to handy anymore.

It's all fun and games though! At least I can get out and enjoy the lovely whether! We had a BBQ last night and it was gorgeous!

I hope everyone's feeling good!

Yup- one thing after another is right!

Got the whooping cough vaccine this morning - anyone else had it? Arm is a little sore after it, but nothing too painful.

• Advertisement

I haven't yet, but will be in the next week or so hopefully. Dr gave me the information leaflet this morning.

I'm fecking loving this weather! Out on a longer at the moment, himself is getting the BBQ ready, which means he's cooking;-) and the dogs are pottering around enjoying the heat! Couldn't ask for much more if I'm honest!

Back to twin clinic this morning, no weighing this week (they only do that every second week) but all other checks were normal.

I was counting up in the waiting room, this was my 14th scan. These will be the most photographed babies in Ireland!

Feeling the heat for the last few days at night, but loving the sunshine.

Hope all the August mammies are well.

So, I had my scan to check the cysts out yesterday. The sonographer was able to determine that there is a simple cyst on my right ovary, roughly the same size as it was in January. It's the same type of cyst that I had removed before. On the left side she wasn't as certain, but thinks she saw a dermoid cyst. She couldn't determine for definite as apparently they are difficult to identify due to the matter they are made up from and baby is in the way to get a fully clear view, but she's measured what she saw at roughly the same size as the cyst that was identified in January. All in all, while it's still going to be in the back of my mind, it's a relief that I have an idea what's going on and that they have not increased in size since January. Apparently the dermoid will have to be removed regardless and I know that the simple cyst will also be removed simply because of its size. There's nothing that can be done at the moment and I'll be having a follow up scan after baby is born.

While the scan wasnt for baby, she checked HB, which was good, and my cervix, which is also OK. And baby's head is down! I reckon it turned on Saturday night/Sunday as iv been peeing non stop since then!

Oh and I didn't have to have the internal scan ;-)

It was so nice having someone that talked me through the scan and what she was seeing etc. Obviously nothing she said was definitive until it's reviewed and put in a report, but it was so nice having someone explain to me what they were seeing and not sitting there grunting and muttering to themselves.

So, I had my scan to check the cysts out yesterday. The sonographer was able to determine that there is a simple cyst on my right ovary, roughly the same size as it was in January. It's the same type of cyst that I had removed before. On the left side she wasn't as certain, but thinks she saw a dermoid cyst. She couldn't determine for definite as apparently they are difficult to identify due to the matter they are made up from and baby is in the way to get a fully clear view, but she's measured what she saw at roughly the same size as the cyst that was identified in January. All in all, while it's still going to be in the back of my mind, it's a relief that I have an idea what's going on and that they have not increased in size since January. Apparently the dermoid will have to be removed regardless and I know that the simple cyst will also be removed simply because of its size. There's nothing that can be done at the moment and I'll be having a follow up scan after baby is born.

While the scan wasnt for baby, she checked HB, which was good, and my cervix, which is also OK. And baby's head is down! I reckon it turned on Saturday night/Sunday as iv been peeing non stop since then!

Oh and I didn't have to have the internal scan ;-)

It was so nice having someone that talked me through the scan and what she was seeing etc. Obviously nothing she said was definitive until it's reviewed and put in a report, but it was so nice having someone explain to me what they were seeing and not sitting there grunting and muttering to themselves.

Glad to hear it went ok pet.

Yeah, the manner of the untrasound tech can make a huge difference alright. I swear sometimes they are probably just thinking about what to have for lunch or whatever if when you are in the very vulnerable position on the table it can be really scary if they are frowning or grunting!

Oh stop brokensoul, it really does make all the difference. When I had the same scan two years ago the sonographer was mumbling and grunting away to herself and then said that she saw a second cyst, which hadn't been identified in the private scan id gone for a few weeks beforehand, but then said she didn't think she had. That's fine, I can understand it's hard to see things clearly on the US, but she wasn't convincing and just tried to brush it away and didn't try explain or give any sort of explaining/reassurance. I went into that operation not knowing if one or both ovaries were affected nor in what manner etc. I was so scared.

But anyways, things look OK at the moment. baby is doing good! I felt it's foot yesterday! It was kicking away and I had my hand on the belly when it took this long (about 10 second) leisurely stretch and i could feel it's little foot through the belly! So weird and awesome at the same time!

How's your twins doing Brokensoul? They moving much these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

Hi girls..good to hear yer updates. Brokensoul that is some amount of scans! Glad all well though.
    Scarepanda good to hear scan went ok for you and you have an idea of what is going on. It's not easy trying to deal with the unknown at the best of times let alone during pregnancy.

Hope all the August ladies are getting some sunshine. It's just phenomenal. Haven't gotten out in it much unfortunately due to work but hoping it lasts for the weekend.

Had a midwives appointment this morning. They were running really late so was there for 2.5 hours. So typical it was the one time I had to bring my son with me. He was great though in fairness.

All ok with baby, looking like a very long baby again and another big baby. Feel like I have doubled in size in the last two weeks. Thankfully the midwives are saying that there is no way they will let me over and depending on the scan at 37 weeks I'll more than likely induced before 39 weeks.

She went over my GTT results and I was well below the limits so that was reassuring as I was certain that I was in by the skin of my teeth!

Been feeling very emotional and slightly overwhelmed the last two weeks. I made it worse by not talking about it so I finally had an emotional explosion on Wednesday night to my poor unsuspecting OH!!!! it was badly needed though. I am so happy to be pregnant and feel so lucky but I am a bit apprehensive too about coping with two and little things like that. Feeling much better now after getting it off my chest.

Apart from being an emotional wreck I'm starting to feel uncomfortable in bed at night and my pelvis is getting sore. Have been referred to physio so we see how that goes.

Organising a belated birthday party for my little dude tomorrow so I hope the sun plays ball with us! Enjoy the bank holiday girls :)

Oh stop brokensoul, it really does make all the difference. When I had the same scan two years ago the sonographer was mumbling and grunting away to herself and then said that she saw a second cyst, which hadn't been identified in the private scan id gone for a few weeks beforehand, but then said she didn't think she had. That's fine, I can understand it's hard to see things clearly on the US, but she wasn't convincing and just tried to brush it away and didn't try explain or give any sort of explaining/reassurance. I went into that operation not knowing if one or both ovaries were affected nor in what manner etc. I was so scared.

But anyways, things look OK at the moment. baby is doing good! I felt it's foot yesterday! It was kicking away and I had my hand on the belly when it took this long (about 10 second) leisurely stretch and i could feel it's little foot through the belly! So weird and awesome at the same time!

How's your twins doing Brokensoul? They moving much these days?

Yeah, lots of movement thank God. They get particularly squirmy when I eat ice cream so I have been taking it as a sign to eat more :D

Tis very comforting to feel them move though, even though they are small my consultant says that he is happier with two small babas who have good heartbearts and movement than two bigger babas who are sluggish so am taking comfort from that!

Got my full blood count done this week and all is clear with that, miraculously my iron is ok. I am taking a supplement every second day and I am not made keen on it so was afraid they might need to move it to every day, but it seems that every second day is doing the trick.

I have an ear infection at the moment. Was at the doc this morning and I have antibiotic drops. In the meantime GP says to take paracetamol for the pain but I really don't want to. I haven't taken any meds at all in this pregnancy and would like to keep it that way. In two minds as to whether I am just being a fool to suffer on when the GP says it is fine to take the damn pills though! Have any of ye taken pain meds?

Have my baby shower on Sunday, so if the pain hasn't lifted by then I might consider it. Have only ever been to one baby shower in my life, but I have an American buddy who decided she wanted to throw one. I think it is a little cringy to be honest, but it is an excuse for a gathering and she promises it will be low key.

cant26 wrote: »
    Hi girls..good to hear yer updates. Brokensoul that is some amount of scans! Glad all well though.
    Scarepanda good to hear scan went ok for you and you have an idea of what is going on. It's not easy trying to deal with the unknown at the best of times let alone during pregnancy.

Hope all the August ladies are getting some sunshine. It's just phenomenal. Haven't gotten out in it much unfortunately due to work but hoping it lasts for the weekend.

Had a midwives appointment this morning. They were running really late so was there for 2.5 hours. So typical it was the one time I had to bring my son with me. He was great though in fairness.

All ok with baby, looking like a very long baby again and another big baby. Feel like I have doubled in size in the last two weeks. Thankfully the midwives are saying that there is no way they will let me over and depending on the scan at 37 weeks I'll more than likely induced before 39 weeks.

She went over my GTT results and I was well below the limits so that was reassuring as I was certain that I was in by the skin of my teeth!

Been feeling very emotional and slightly overwhelmed the last two weeks. I made it worse by not talking about it so I finally had an emotional explosion on Wednesday night to my poor unsuspecting OH!!!! it was badly needed though. I am so happy to be pregnant and feel so lucky but I am a bit apprehensive too about coping with two and little things like that. Feeling much better now after getting it off my chest.

Apart from being an emotional wreck I'm starting to feel uncomfortable in bed at night and my pelvis is getting sore. Have been referred to physio so we see how that goes.

Organising a belated birthday party for my little dude tomorrow so I hope the sun plays ball with us! Enjoy the bank holiday girls :)

I know how you feel! I think we wouldn't be normal if we didn't feel overwhelmed at times though.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

brokensoul wrote: »
    Yeah, lots of movement thank God. They get particularly squirmy when I eat ice cream so I have been taking it as a sign to eat more :D

Tis very comforting to feel them move though, even though they are small my consultant says that he is happier with two small babas who have good heartbearts and movement than two bigger babas who are sluggish so am taking comfort from that!

Got my full blood count done this week and all is clear with that, miraculously my iron is ok. I am taking a supplement every second day and I am not made keen on it so was afraid they might need to move it to every day, but it seems that every second day is doing the trick.

I have an ear infection at the moment. Was at the doc this morning and I have antibiotic drops. In the meantime GP says to take paracetamol for the pain but I really don't want to. I haven't taken any meds at all in this pregnancy and would like to keep it that way. In two minds as to whether I am just being a fool to suffer on when the GP says it is fine to take the damn pills though! Have any of ye taken pain meds?

Have my baby shower on Sunday, so if the pain hasn't lifted by then I might consider it. Have only ever been to one baby shower in my life, but I have an American buddy who decided she wanted to throw one. I think it is a little cringy to be honest, but it is an excuse for a gathering and she promises it will be low key.

Oh you poor thing. I was plagued as a child with ear infections and seem to have passed it on to my little boy. Seriously don't suffer unnecessarily. If your doc said paracetamol is fine then take them. Zero point in running yourself down trying to deal with that awful pain.

I've had an antibiotic for a uti at 10/11 weeks and took paracetamol for an awful cold/sore throat another time.

feel better soon :)

cant26 wrote: »
    Oh you poor thing. I was plagued as a child with ear infections and seem to have passed it on to my little boy. Seriously don't suffer unnecessarily. If your doc said paracetamol is fine then take them. Zero point in running yourself down trying to deal with that awful pain.

I've had an antibiotic for a uti at 10/11 weeks and took paracetamol for an awful cold/sore throat another time.

feel better soon :)

Thanks, it is comforting to hear of someone else taking them!

I occasionally get them, but the doc reckons that this one is worsened because I have been swimming more recently and stupidly went swimming the other day even though my ear was a bit sore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 okonomiyaki

I have been wondering, what do you usually say when someone asks you how far along you are?
    Do you talk weeks or months? Im never sure, if you are in the 7th month do you say that or do you say you are 6 months?
    Im tempted to say 7 because i look/feel so big.
    Baby has definitely kicked it up a notch, i can feel movement both sides now at the same time, must be arms and legs going.
    I have ligament pain so cant get comfortable at all, sitting, i cant lead forward and i cant lie back, everything is so uncomfortable.
    Im hoping this is just a temporary thing.
    Anyone else have any SPD pain? or pelvic pain i think they call it now.

someone was asking about constipation, i think duphalac is good and ok for pregnancy.

I have been wondering, what do you usually say when someone asks you how far along you are? Do you talk weeks or months? Im never sure, if you are in the 7th month do you say that or do you say you are 6 months? Im tempted to say 7 because i look/feel so big. Baby has definitely kicked it up a notch, i can feel movement both sides now at the same time, must be arms and legs going. I have ligament pain so cant get comfortable at all, sitting, i cant lead forward and i cant lie back, everything is so uncomfortable. Im hoping this is just a temporary thing. Anyone else have any SPD pain? or pelvic pain i think they call it now.

Ha! I was stuck at 6 months for about 6/7 weeks!! I didn't know what to say. Early on I was converting weeks into months, but then as 7 months approached week wise people would be assuming July. So generally now I'm saying 7 months or August. I don't like telling people the EDD coz it's so inaccurate and I don't want to be getting constant messages around the date, which will wreck my head if/when I go over, so the closest I'll say is mid August or 3rd week of August. Really I'm due on the 11th, but baby should be here by 21st.

As for aches and pains, my back is my biggest problem, GP and consultant didn't really give me any advice, but I'm going to contact my physio next week as I can't sit or stand for any length of time. Iv hot water bottles stuck to my back every night. It just doesn't seem to be solely normal aches and pains. Other than than my bump gets sore/tired at night and if baby has been kicking the one spot all day it will feel really tender to touch.

I have been wondering, what do you usually say when someone asks you how far along you are?
    Do you talk weeks or months? Im never sure, if you are in the 7th month do you say that or do you say you are 6 months?
    Im tempted to say 7 because i look/feel so big.
    Baby has definitely kicked it up a notch, i can feel movement both sides now at the same time, must be arms and legs going.
    I have ligament pain so cant get comfortable at all, sitting, i cant lead forward and i cant lie back, everything is so uncomfortable.
    Im hoping this is just a temporary thing.
    Anyone else have any SPD pain? or pelvic pain i think they call it now.

someone was asking about constipation, i think duphalac is good and ok for pregnancy.

I usually give it in weeks, though I was out with my mum recently and when I told someone the number of weeks my mother added "that's about 6 months in old money", which made me laugh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Judge Trudy

I hope all the summer Mamas-to-be are keeping great :)

I'm really struggling here at the moment, my back and my belly are aching. I can't seem to get comfortable in any position- lying down, sitting, walking. Nothing :(. My sister was on placement in Holles Street and she said the physio there was recommending an exercise ball to ease back pain. I need to root mine out of the attic.

On the plus side, we should be ready to move to the new house by the end of June. I basically have my hospital bag ready to rock now, I have my daughters room ready and I have almost everything ready for baby now bar more clothes and bottles. It's all go here but it'll be worth it being able to 'relax' a bit when the baby is born. I feel like I've been running around like a headless chicken the last 2 months.

I hope all the summer Mamas-to-be are keeping great :)

I'm really struggling here at the moment, my back and my belly are aching. I can't seem to get comfortable in any position- lying down, sitting, walking. Nothing :(. My sister was on placement in Holles Street and she said the physio there was recommending an exercise ball to ease back pain. I need to root mine out of the attic.

On the plus side, we should be ready to move to the new house by the end of June. I basically have my hospital bag ready to rock now, I have my daughters room ready and I have almost everything ready for baby now bar more clothes and bottles. It's all go here but it'll be worth it being able to 'relax' a bit when the baby is born. I feel like I've been running around like a headless chicken the last 2 months.

I haven't packed my hospital bag yet. I really need to, but I seem to have a mental block about it!

Glad to hear the new house is falling into place.

I am not too bad at the moment discomfort wise, but I do notice that it gets worse as the day goes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Judge Trudy

brokensoul wrote: »
    I haven't packed my hospital bag yet. I really need to, but I seem to have a mental block about it!

Glad to hear the new house is falling into place.

I am not too bad at the moment discomfort wise, but I do notice that it gets worse as the day goes on.

I was like that about the bag, I couldn't remember what I put in with the first. They say you need to be ready to go from 34 weeks on. I'll be 32 this week. I just have to get a new nightie and then I'm all set for the hospital.

Really looking forward to having my partner close by. He does so much driving at the minute and he never complains. I'm looking forward to having a bit of a life back and being able to do things in the evening when baby is a bit older.

The aches just hit me at 30 weeks, I didn't have them with my first. This baby is so active, constantly rolling and kicking. It hasn't got to the real painful stage yet.

I'm really struggling here at the moment, my back and my belly are aching. I can't seem to get comfortable in any position- lying down, sitting, walking. Nothing . My sister was on placement in Holles Street and she said the physio there was recommending an exercise ball to ease back pain. I need to root mine out of the attic.
    I was like that about the bag, I couldn't remember what I put in with the first. They say you need to be ready to go from 34 weeks on. I'll be 32 this week. I just have to get a new nightie and then I'm all set for the hospital.

I'm with you on the back pain Judge Trudy! M going to ring my physio today to see if he can help out in any way. I know some of it is just normal aches and pains, but I'm starting suffer with the lack of sleep from back, heat, uncomfortable belly and toilet runs!

I have most stuff got for the bag, just need to wash everything which I'm planning on doing this week. I was looking at an app I use for tracking periods this morning and it informed me that it's only 65 days till babys due date :-o!

I hope everyone had a lovely bh weekend!

Hi all,

Sounds like we are all experiencing the good with the bad of the last trimester of pregnancy now. I can relate to the uncomfortableness, particularly at night. My bump seems to be putting pressure on my ribs, hips and bladder which makes for an interesting night's sleep (or lack there of). Sciatica is the joy for during the day but nothing too serious just yet.

But on the plus side, baby is jumping around like an acrobat which is so reassuring. I had an appointment in Holles St last week and currently baby is breech but hopefully he/she will turn before my 34 week scan in a few weeks.

I had the joy of spending the weekend in Blackrock Hospital with a cyst over my eye. After a long process of diagnosis they figured they couldn't do the procedure I need until after baby is born so instead spent the weekend on a drip of antibiotics in the hospital. So as regards taking meds when you are pregnant Brokensoul, I have been literally pumped full of them for the last week. I was also getting terrible headaches at the beginning of pregnancy and reluctantly took a couple of paracetamol to get me through a couple of occasions. I guess you have to trust that the doctor wouldn't recommend it if they didn't think it was ok.

I have a bit of a mental block about the hospital bag too. It's like I am totally happy to get everything ready for baby but can't get my head in to gear about preparing myself for labour. But I am going to force myself to get organised this week. Then that will be pretty much everything done.

I always quote weeks when asked how far along I am. I find it easier now to just say how long left though e.g. 9 weeks left. People can quickly get their head around that!

Aw twinkle, that sounds awful. I hope the cyst/procedure isn't too serious and that your feeling better.

I got the whooping vacs today. Finished up the last of the hospital bag shopping as well. Prob need to get a few things for myself, but I'll gather up what I have here before I go out and buy more. I really shouldn't be allowed into tkmax on my own. I usually avoid the place like the plague as I hate that type of shopping.... but when it comes to their baby stuff..... iv no will power! Got another newborn set thingy today that the baby doesn't need.... but I just couldn't resist!

• Advertisement

Twinkle - sorry to hear that, sounds like a proper dose.

Right, I have set myself a deadline for the hospital bag - it needs to be done by this weekend!

Was with my consultant this morning. He thinks the twins are a "respectable" size. His use of language does make me laugh! He measures them at 28 +1, and I am 29+2 weeks pregnant so they are a bit behind, but not too much.

Have to have a scan at the twin clinic on Thursday next so my consultant is going to pop into that as his measurements don't seem to quite tally with theirs. He measures them slightly bigger than they do. I would dearly love them to tell me that their size was perfect, but i have to keep reminding myself that we haven't gotten any bad news so far, just a lot of monitoring.

That said, he assures me that he has no plans to "whip them out" anytime soon and I am not in danger of early labour. Had my last internal scan this morning - no more dildocam!!!!!

Advertisement