Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2016 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Judge Trudy

Oh wow sounds awful, I had swollen everything on last pregnancy but not at all this time. Well not yet anyway.
    Everything is causing me heartburn. Even the most ridiculous things. Hopefully the old wives tail is true & it means a nice head of hair on baby.
    Has many people found out gender of babies or keeping it as surprise x

Yuck I'm having the worse heartburn too. I stupidly drank tea late last night and I went to bed. It all came back up again, it was so gross. That's one thing I won't miss, that horrible acidic feeling oozing up my throat.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Noahboah2014

Yuck I'm having the worse heartburn too. I stupidly drank tea late last night and I went to bed. It all came back up again, it was so gross. That's one thing I won't miss, that horrible acidic feeling oozing up my throat.

I'm at the point where I can barely sleep with it. Sleeping propped up to stop it flowing back up. I never have heart burn when I'm not pregnant which I find strange. 7 weeks to go. I know my little man is worth it. But sometimes you just need a break. Pregnancy is tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

Popping in from June thread. Zantac helps ease heartburn and is OK in pregnancy (and if you have gestational diabetes). I was dying with heartburn the whole way through my pregnancy. I was taking zantac and eating gaviscon tablets like no tmrw. The old wives tale of heartburn means baby has lots of hair was true for me. She was born with a mop of thick black hair. So perhaps your little one is a hairy beast too :)

Popping in from June thread. Zantac helps ease heartburn and is OK in pregnancy (and if you have gestational diabetes). I was dying with heartburn the whole way through my pregnancy. I was taking zantac and eating gaviscon tablets like no tmrw. The old wives tale of heartburn means baby has lots of hair was true for me. She was born with a mop of thick black hair. So perhaps your little one is a hairy beast too :)

I hadn't heard of zantac. Is it available over the counter or do I need to see my gp? Haha yea I'm hoping this baby has a mop of hair to. It's always so cute to see a new born with lots of hair

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

I hadn't heard of zantac. Is it available over the counter or do I need to see my gp? Haha yea I'm hoping this baby has a mop of hair to. It's always so cute to see a new born with lots of hair

Available over the counter, no prescription needed. It's one tablet a day. I found it helped and I took gaviscon when needed if I was really bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭scarepanda

I hope everyone's feeling good this morning!

It's just after dawning on me that our babies are due to arrive next month....... it seemed so so far away last December when I found out I was expecting and now it's only around the corner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭Redbishop

scarepanda wrote: »

It's just after dawning on me that our babies are due to arrive next month....... it seemed so so far away last December when I found out I was expecting and now it's only around the corner!

Ah, congrats! I see "babies", more than one so its a big event and I hope all goes well for you.
    Are these your first?

Redbishop wrote:
    Ah, congrats! I see "babies", more than one so its a big event and I hope all goes well for you. Are these your first?

Oh no, I meant babies as in everyone on this thread, I'm only expecting the one myself!
    But it is our first, first grandchild on both sides and first great-grandchild on my mams side and his dad's side. My OHs Granny on his dad's side is still alive, so all going well there will be 4 generations in his family!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Oh no, I meant babies as in everyone on this thread, I'm only expecting the one myself!
    But it is our first, first grandchild on both sides and first great-grandchild on my mams side and his dad's side. My OHs Granny on his dad's side is still alive, so all going well there will be 4 generations in his family!

That's lovely isn't it. My husband's granddad is still alive and despite being in very poor health this year (he is 93 in fairness) he is determined that he is going to see these babas!

Can't believe that this is my month, section on the 26th all going well. x

Ah brokensoul, that's lovely! He'll be over the moon when he gets to meet them. You won't feel it now till the 26th

Its very weird in a lovely way to be talking to my OHs Granny about being pregnant/morning sickness/how she felt etc when she was pregnant back in the day. She's heading 90, but fully with it and a very modern woman!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

I know, I can't believe it's July already. last December seems like a lifetime ago. I hope you are feeling good scarepanda. We have exciting times ahead!!

brokensoul wrote: »
    That's lovely isn't it. My husband's granddad is still alive and despite being in very poor health this year (he is 93 in fairness) he is determined that he is going to see these babas!

Can't believe that this is my month, section on the 26th all going well. x

Wow brokensoul the count down is definitely on for you. Happy July!!!

Oh wow sounds awful, I had swollen everything on last pregnancy but not at all this time. Well not yet anyway.
    Everything is causing me heartburn. Even the most ridiculous things. Hopefully the old wives tail is true & it means a nice head of hair on baby.
    Has many people found out gender of babies or keeping it as surprise x

Welcome Noahboah! I'm also getting crippled with heartburn. Luckily for me it's not constant but when it comes omg do I feel it!! It's usually at night too which is no fun! Have you found out the gender? We are having a second boy but have not told anyone.

cant26 wrote:
    I know, I can't believe it's July already. last December seems like a lifetime ago. I hope you are feeling good scarepanda. We have exciting times ahead!!

I'm good cant26!! Other than my back I don't have a whole lot to complain about, just the usual aches and pains!

We're clearing out the house at the moment and being ruthless with everything.... lots and lots of fun! It's amazing how much crap you build up over time! We had an awful habit of packing everything up and bringing it all with us as we moved from place to place when we were younger so we've accumulated an awful lot of ****e that needs to be skipped!

You're so blessed. I lost my Mum five years ago and my Granny died when we were tots. I never knew my Grandad on my Mum's side. I had my daughter on my own and I felt a bit lost not having family around. My now partner's family are amazing to us, they accepted my daughter and I like their own from the get go. I'm so blessed to have them.

My daughter was going around telling everyone I was going to a chicken party. They're so gas at that age :D

You're so blessed. I lost my Mum five years ago and my Granny died when we were tots. I never knew my Grandad on my Mum's side. I had my daughter on my own and I felt a bit lost not having family around. My now partner's family are amazing to us, they accepted my daughter and I like their own from the get go. I'm so blessed to have them.

My daughter was going around telling everyone I was going to a chicken party. They're so gas at that age

We both are very very lucky. We both knew three of our grandparents each and his two granny's are still alive, although one doesn't really have any interest... but that's another story.
    Even though his dad's mam is very modern we didn't know how she would react to the news at the time because we're not married, but thankfully she's had no issues. She had some communions and confirmations this year and herself and one of the grandparents on the other side of the family were chatting about the number of grandkids/great-grandkids they each had and when she was telling us she seemed really proud being able to say that she had one great-grandchild on the way because the other grandparent had some great-grandkids already!

There's is something really really heartwarming when you see a family take non related children under their wing and treat them as one of their own. Even for your OH to see your daughter as his own is just so lovely. It tells me he's a lovely man with a lovely extended family and that you're a very lucky woman.

cant26 wrote: »
    Welcome Noahboah! I'm also getting crippled with heartburn. Luckily for me it's not constant but when it comes omg do I feel it!! It's usually at night too which is no fun! Have you found out the gender? We are having a second boy but have not told anyone.

Awh wow that's great me too, another boy. I come from a family with 6 brothers, so was hoping for a little girl this time but I'm actually so delighted it's another boy. As my first little man is 2 next week. So they will end up being great friends and company for each other.
    And I can always keep going until we have a girl. Lol

I feel exactly the same. People always say to me "wow that flew in" and in some ways I was thinking yes it definitely has, then realised I was pregnant since November which seems a lifetime ago.
    But now that d-day is getting closer I can hardly believe how close it is x

Was with the consultant this morning and I have to go to the twin clinic tomorrow for a scan but it looks like my section will be moved from the 26th to earlier in the month.

Babas could be here next week, depending on scan results.

Absolutely terrified, even though the consultant seems unconcerned.

EEK!

Hope the scan went well this morning brokensoul. Have you been give any more details on when they are bringing you in? So exciting! How do you feel about it all?

How is everyone else doing? It's gotten very quiet here!!

I was at physio yesterday and I have SPD. Not bad thankfully but I need to keep an eye on it. Was given a support belt for when walking and some pelvic exercises to do on the ball. Need to but a ball today!

Still no progress on the hospital bag. Haven't washed any baby clothes, the moses basket is still in the attic. Haven't bought new mattresses for the cot or basket...the list goes on!! We will get there. How is everyone else getting on with the organising?

I have four more weeks in work. i am so tired I really hope I can last. Going to speak to my boss today and maybe take two days off the week after next week to break it up.

• Advertisement

That's so exciting brokensoul!

When are you due cant26?

I'm fairly well organised.... I think..... repacked bags yesterday, just to make sure before putting them into the car and I think iv everything packed expect some toiletries for myself, but himself can pick them up if needs be. Was having a bit of a panic about baby grows vs baby vests, but he's reassured me that he'll go pick up whatever is needed when baby arrives! Which is what I was planning for him to do anyways so that we could pick up some pink/blue stuff rather than having all creams and pastel colours! The things I get myself in a knot about ;-)!!! Just have to wash a blanket and cardigan and hat and I think I'm there! Oh and we need to get the bed out of the room.....

Just got a package from asos for maternity dresses for my cousins wedding in a few weeks! The excitement! Haha! Just need to try them on now and hope that one of them fit me!

We're finally getting the house sorted out, it just needs a good hoover now, one of our dogs is a husky who has decided to shed again.... it's all fun and games! But at least most of the clutter is gone! I'm nesting big time at the moment, himself keeps laughing at me, because most of the jobs are things he needs to do.... but he's so relaxed!

And finally I have my first antenatal class this evening.....

Wow Scarepanda you are seriously organised. When are you due? My due date isn't until the 25th but being scanned at 37 weeks (August 3rd)and meeting consultant after to hopefully discuss an early evacuation plan!!
    Oh that is exciting, I am over all my clothes right now but really don't want to buy much more.
    Hope you enjoy the ante natal class, I have a refresher class next week.

cant26 wrote:
    Wow Scarepanda you are seriously organised. When are you due? My due date isn't until the 25th but being scanned at 37 weeks (August 3rd)and meeting consultant after to hopefully discuss an early evacuation plan!! Oh that is exciting, I am over all my clothes right now but really don't want to buy much more. Hope you enjoy the ante natal class, I have a refresher class next week.

Haha, I know! I'm not working at the moment, so iv been able to potter on with stuff slowly for the last while. It all kinda came together really quickly, and got stuff done, like the room painted far earlier than I was expecting. Painter is a friend of dads and he came one evening between jobs, I only found out that morning he was planning on coming! There was panic stations because we'd only half decided on colours and didn't have any paint bought!

I'm due in 5 weeks on the 11th! Scary! I'm actually not to bad with my clothes, living in my maternity jeans and plain Penney's tank tops. I have a maternity dress that I love already, but wanted to mix things up a bit for this wedding! The dress that was my favourite when ordering them I can't even get on..... no zips and isn't stretchy material..... :-/!! But i do love one of the dresses.... so it will be a decision between that and the one I already have.

I only noticed though when trying on the dresses that my belly button is starting pop out! Is there anything you can use to smooth it over as it doesn't look great poking out underneath a 'fancy' dress!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

Feeling totally unorganised too cant26 have started gathering bits but have alot more to gather before I can do anything!

Got diagnosis of gestational diabetes during the week at 35 weeks. Had it on last pregnancy and foolishly thought because it was normal at 28 weeks I was home dry. Anyway hoping diet alone will work for the next few weeks.

Definitely not nesting to same extent as I did on last pregnancy, maybe it's energy related and chasing a toddler isn't helping! Time is definitely flying by, won't be long til we're on the other side!

cant26 wrote: »
    Hope the scan went well this morning brokensoul. Have you been give any more details on when they are bringing you in? So exciting! How do you feel about it all?

How is everyone else doing? It's gotten very quiet here!!

I was at physio yesterday and I have SPD. Not bad thankfully but I need to keep an eye on it. Was given a support belt for when walking and some pelvic exercises to do on the ball. Need to but a ball today!

Still no progress on the hospital bag. Haven't washed any baby clothes, the moses basket is still in the attic. Haven't bought new mattresses for the cot or basket...the list goes on!! We will get there. How is everyone else getting on with the organising?

I have four more weeks in work. i am so tired I really hope I can last. Going to speak to my boss today and maybe take two days off the week after next week to break it up.

Hospital apt went really well - the twins are at 4lbs2o and 3lbs7oz, which is good. Esp for the smaller twin, who was 2lbs12oz at the last scan.

No section next week by the looks of it, might go the week after though. I will be 35 weeks at that stage though so am ok with that.

Completely superstitious I know, but we lost a baby last year on the 15th of July and I had visions of my section being the same day this year. Not that it would really matter but I had a real gut feeling that I didn't want that to happen.

I hope everyone is keeping great as D Day looms ever closer, eek.

I had serious pains for an hour earlier, the baby was going Loco and I'm convinced that the bump has dropped. My partner agress with me. I would love to have the baby soon, as selfish as it is but I'm only 1 week off full term at 37 weeks. I would love to take baby to my sister's wedding in 2.5 weeks time.

I know I gave birth before but I don't really have a clue about the sequence of the whole labour. The last time I was induced so basically just did what I was told by the midwives!

It's a special day for my partner and I. Exactly a year from today, we will be married! 07.07.2017, I can't wait :)

Oh and Next are having their summer sale on Saturday 17th starting at 5 or 6a.m (I can't remember which one). I'm gonna try get up a bit early and head in if baby hasn't come at that stage. I decked out my daughter's wardrobe the last sale and I always seem to pick up great bargains at it.

How's everyone keeping?

I had the best nights sleep last night that iv had in weeks! Woke once, turned over once and didn't need to get up to pee! And iv managed to go for a full week without having to make a hot water bottle for my back :-) happy days!

I think I pulled or at least tweaked a muscle in my stomach this morning stretching though.... very annoying coz I love nothing better than a good stretch in the mornings!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 elleg

Hi All,

Long time no see. Work has been hectic and we squeezed in a quick holiday just before the flying restrictions kicked in. I'm glad to see that everyone is keeping well. I'll try to play catch up a bit.

Scarepanda - wow you're really organised. I'm so impressed. I'm glad that you got a good night's sleep too. It can be hard at this stage. I thought my sticky out belly button didn't look so nice either in one dress so I just used a piece of surgical tape to kind of pull it flat - did the trick!

Judge Trudy - Oooh that's exciting about your sister's wedding. Must be hard to plan for though not knowing whether you'll be heavily pregnant or have a newborn!

Brokensoul - that's great that your twins grew so much, how reassuring!

Two weeks left at work here and starting to feel uncomfortable between a bit of back pain and heartburn. Ah well not long left. I'm keeping Gaviscon in business anyway. It might be true about hair = heartburn. The consultant was able to show us that baby had a good head of hair on the ultrasound at our last appointment! I am not organised at all yet. I need to pack hospital bag, wash car seat and move my son out of the cot into a bed so that we can use the cot for number 2 *gulp*.

• Advertisement

elleg wrote:
    Two weeks left at work here and starting to feel uncomfortable between a bit of back pain and heartburn. Ah well not long left. I'm keeping Gaviscon in business anyway. It might be true about hair = heartburn. The consultant was able to show us that baby had a good head of hair on the ultrasound at our last appointment! I am not organised at all yet. I need to pack hospital bag, wash car seat and move my son out of the cot into a bed so that we can use the cot for number 2 *gulp*.

Hi elleg, I'm sure the time will fly in now! It's also cool that they can tell you that about the baby having hair!

Ladies, I'm full of the feels right now! We came across photos and videos of our first dog when she was a pup! Man she was so adorable! It also reminds me how important it is to take as many photos and videos of the baby as possible!

Advertisement