Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

August 2016 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Well! How's everyone getting on in the heat? I'm finding it OK today, but I will be vegetating inside till later on this evening with the fan on!
    I was a bit silly yesterday and didn't think or realise it was as hot as it was when I left the house yesterday morning. Went into town wearing jeans! And then spent to long in town without food or water!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 elleg

Oh gosh Scarepanda - take it easy, it's hot out there. I'm still at work which at least has the benefit of air con. I did walk across for my appointment today which was simultaneously nice and tiring! I'm looking forward to finishing up on Friday. All good with baby and me, but junior looking on the big side, so if I don't go before my due date we might be looking at an induction around 40w rather than waiting.

elleg wrote:
    Oh gosh Scarepanda - take it easy, it's hot out there. I'm still at work which at least has the benefit of air con. I did walk across for my appointment today which was simultaneously nice and tiring! I'm looking forward to finishing up on Friday. All good with baby and me, but junior looking on the big side, so if I don't go before my due date we might be looking at an induction around 40w rather than waiting.

Oh elleg I learned my lesson! Took it very easy today! Thankfully I only felt a bit iffy for a short period after I got home. Once I got some fluids in me I was grand! I don't feel like to much of an ejit though, a lot of people I was chatting to today got caught out with the weather yesterday!
    Oh, at least you probably won't have the wait after your due date and you've a fair idea when baby will arrive. Iv pretty much forgotten about my due date and concentrating on the end of the 10days over the hospital will let me go. So I know in just under 5weeks well have baby in our arms. If I go on or before the due date that's just a bonus!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

Hey guys isn't the weather unreal. I am so lucky in that I booked today off just to recharge the batteries as I was really struggling the last few weeks. Little man went to his childminder and I went to the beach with one of my closest friends and we hung out and chatted all day. Was so lovely and well needed. Back to work tomorrow and have another two weeks and two days left(not that I'm keeping track or anything!).
    Eleg was it a scan saying that baby is big? I have a growth scan this day two weeks to check size then meeting with consultant to see what the plan is. I'm really going up push for induction early this time. This bump is bigger than my last and I still have 5 weeks to go to due date.
    Finally making headway with getting things organised. Moses basket is out of my parents attic and the fabrics all washed. New mattress bought. All my sons baby clothes washed and dried. Changing unit set up. Still have not got my bag packed but I have started buying some of the essentials. Those fabulous green maternity pads brought back the memories!
    How is everyone else doing? If I remember correctly my due date is last so some of ye ladies really are on the home stretch. I hope everyone is keeping well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Judge Trudy

I had a hospital appointment earlier, it wasn't nice waiting 2 hours at the hospital in the heat but nothing has changed since last appointment, baby is head down and is measuring on date. I have to go back in one week. I hope I go on time, I really want a natural delivery but I suppose baby will decide that one. I hope everyone is keeping well and not melted in this heat :)

• Advertisement

I had a hospital appointment earlier, it wasn't nice waiting 2 hours at the hospital in the heat but nothing has changed since last appointment, baby is head down and is measuring on date. I have to go back in one week. I hope I go on time, I really want a natural delivery but I suppose baby will decide that one. I hope everyone is keeping well and not melted in this heat :)

Wow your down to weekly appointments! Your due date must be fast approaching. Hopefully you won't have long to wait.

Uuggghh it's going to be a painful night tonight! It got really humid here this evening and now it's raining outside.... Typical Irish weather! We had a mad panic to get all the garden furniture in, don't think the gazebo would have lasted the night as it's quite windy out! Oh well!

My due date is 11th, when's everyone else's? I'm down to weekly appts alternating between GP and hospital.

I would not have liked to have been stuck in a hospital clinic today, can just imagine how hot and sticky it would have been.

Cant26, you just reminded me that the moses basket cover needs a wash, I must put that on tomorrow!

We've a family wedding at the weekend, once that's over I think I'll feel like I'm on the home stretch. It's kinda been like the last thing to do before baby is due. Going to Galway tomorrow shopping for a few bits, so hopefully it's not as humid.

Hope everyone's feeling good!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 elleg

cant26 wrote: »
    Eleg was it a scan saying that baby is big? I have a growth scan this day two weeks to check size then meeting with consultant to see what the plan is. I'm really going up push for induction early this time. This bump is bigger than my last and I still have 5 weeks to go to due date.
    Finally making headway with getting things organised. Moses basket is out of my parents attic and the fabrics all washed. New mattress bought. All my sons baby clothes washed and dried. Changing unit set up. Still have not got my bag packed but I have started buying some of the essentials. Those fabulous green maternity pads brought back the memories!

Ha at the maternity pads. I bought mine earlier this week. God I'd forgotten how huge they are. I washed car seat and clothes at the weekend too. Nesting instinct is kicking in.
    Yes it was a scan (I'm private so have been getting one every time). I know that they're not super accurate, but my son was 4 kg so it seems feasible that this one is a bit bigger. Nothing decided yet and he'll just take another look next week and the week after and we can make a call on it. Were your big babies? Has anyone here had an induction on a subsequent pregnancy? I've heard it's not nearly as big a deal as on a first.

scarepanda - enjoy the wedding. Fair play to you going at this stage. I'm due on the 8th.

I have two weeks left from today, due date is the 4th. I have been having a lot of 'AAAAAOOOOO' moments this morning, lots of twinges of pain around my pelvis just lasting a few seconds. I think I'm suffering from narcolepsy too, thinking to myself I'll have a nice sit down for a few minutes and half an hour later I've awoken from an unintentional nap! My daughter gave me a smack on the face to wake me up earlier, I think she's fed up of seeing me sleep. I couldn't reprimand her as she's right, not fair leaving her to entertain herself.

I have my sister's wedding this weekend. Going home from tomorrow until Monday, I don't know how I'll muster up the energy but I'm hoping for a few naps to keep me going.

Hope everyone is doing great :)

I have two weeks left from today, due date is the 4th. I have been having a lot of 'AAAAAOOOOO' moments this morning, lots of twinges of pain around my pelvis just lasting a few seconds. I think I'm suffering from narcolepsy too, thinking to myself I'll have a nice sit down for a few minutes and half an hour later I've awoken from an unintentional nap! My daughter gave me a smack on the face to wake me up earlier, I think she's fed up of seeing me sleep. I couldn't reprimand her as she's right, not fair leaving her to entertain herself.
    I have my sister's wedding this weekend. Going home from tomorrow until Monday, I don't know how I'll muster up the energy but I'm hoping for a few naps to keep me going.

Ohhh, it's so exciting! What age is your daughter?

Have you far to travel for the wedding? Iv a family wedding this weekend as well. It's always kinda been the last event before baby arrived and it always seemed so far away......! Also got an invite for one of our best friends wedding this morning which has always been the first event to go to after baby arrives......

As part of the antenatal class we had the PHN and infant phycologist in chatting to us last night. Found some of it really interesting! Himself also learned a bit. It was his first class so some of it was all new to him.

• Advertisement

Woohooo! Wedding successful.... No one pawed the bump (uninvited)!!!!

I hope you had a fantastic time judge trudy at your sisters wedding!

Hope everyone's feeling good this weekend!

Haha scarepanda that's good news! Nothing worse than bump touching, especially from tipsy people! I found at the wedding I was bridesmaid at a few months ago, the later/more drink people had the more people would randomly come over and pat the bump.

Feeling ok here. Not great! SPD has gotten worse and finding it hard to adapt to my new limits. Just so different to my last pregnancy. Was walking up to three miles most days at a week overdue! Now my physio is saying I should only be walking for five minutes and then rest.. But the pain and discomfort reminds me to heed the professionals!

Bags still not packed but aim to have the labour one ready to roll by this evening.

Two more weeks in work...I really I hope I can last. The thoughts of it make me sick!

My three year old is really acting up the last few weeks. Not sure if it's the impending change or just typical three year old behaviour but it's tough going at times.

Hope everyone is keeping well. It's almost our month! Woohoo..

elleg wrote: »
    Ha at the maternity pads. I bought mine earlier this week. God I'd forgotten how huge they are. I washed car seat and clothes at the weekend too. Nesting instinct is kicking in.
    Yes it was a scan (I'm private so have been getting one every time). I know that they're not super accurate, but my son was 4 kg so it seems feasible that this one is a bit bigger. Nothing decided yet and he'll just take another look next week and the week after and we can make a call on it. Were your big babies? Has anyone here had an induction on a subsequent pregnancy? I've heard it's not nearly as big a deal as on a first.

scarepanda - enjoy the wedding. Fair play to you going at this stage. I'm due on the 8th.

Yes I've heard so many times that second babies tend to be bigger than the first. This is what scares me! Number one was nearly 11lb so the thoughts of any bigger are a bit daunting!

I was induced on my first and hoping to be induced this time too, obviously unless I go nice and early myself! Must be the only woman who doesn't mind it. Would be great if it was easier second time round! Were you induced on your first?

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Hey August mums to be. Am posting this here as well as in the July thread as I am kinda part of both!

Hope all is well with ye. I am out of hospital since Friday, flying it post section. It didn't take anything out of me. I got an ear infection last Thursday and hand on heart that was more painful than the section!

The twins are still in neo. They are on D wall in the special care unit, which is the lowest dependency area. They breathing and feeding and pooing as expected. Both doing well, but they need to put on weight before they are ready to face the big bad world. Iarla is in a cot and Evanne is still in an incubator until she gets a bit bigger.

Have been expressing since the day they were born and started breastfeeding last Friday. They both seem to have taken to it, but they need to be topped up after each breastfeed. Mainly we are topping up with expressed breastmilk, but some formula as needed. The hospital have lent me one of their super duper double pumps while the two are in hospital and so am expressing every three hours at night with that. It isn't as awful as I imagined it would be. I can get it all done and dusted in half an hour so am getting 2 and a 1/2 hours sleep in every three at night. Fairly like a zombie, but a happy one!

Quite emotional, and generally in good spirits.

Awww that's brilliant brokensoul! Delighted that the twins are doing great.

It's so exciting!

Holy hell cant26.... Nearly 11lbs..... Well done you! Can't clans you for wanting to go early this time around!

Had a great time at the wedding. I stayed in my wedges all day, I surprisingly felt great, I thought I would be wrecked but I felt like I had plenty of energy all weekend. I'm trying to rest a lot this week though.

I can't believe I've made it this far, I'm 39 weeks tomorrow! I had a hospital appointment yesterday and they're bringing me in to be induced on August 11th if I haven't gone by then so I'll definitely have the baby by that weekend. I'm excited now!

I hope everyone is keeping great and getting lots of rest :)

Had a great time at the wedding. I stayed in my wedges all day, I surprisingly felt great, I thought I would be wrecked but I felt like I had plenty of energy all weekend. I'm trying to rest a lot this week though.

I can't believe I've made it this far, I'm 39 weeks tomorrow! I had a hospital appointment yesterday and they're bringing me in to be induced on August 11th if I haven't gone by then so I'll definitely have the baby by that weekend. I'm excited now!

I hope everyone is keeping great and getting lots of rest

Ohhhh that's my due date! Ill be let go till the 22nd at the latest! Had a scan at the clinic on Monday and babys estimated weight at the moment is 3.3kg!

Delighted you enjoyed the wedding! The count down is really on now!

scarepanda wrote: »
    Ohhhh that's my due date! Ill be let go till the 22nd at the latest! Had a scan at the clinic on Monday and babys estimated weight at the moment is 3.3kg!

Delighted you enjoyed the wedding! The count down is really on now!

3.3kg is what my daughter weighed when she was born, a good size!

Can't believe I'll be a Mammy of two in a few weeks. I'm enjoying my little piece of serenity at the moment!

Hey girls!
    Glad the wedding was fun Judge Trudy. A nice distraction and excuse to get dressed up i'm sure. So jealous of ye girls that are due way before me!!! It is so exciting. Hopefully I won't be too far behind. Will know more this day week.

One more week in work. It is absolute torture:( Partly because I am wrapping up projects so not as busy as i'd like and partly because my replacement is driving me bonkers. I must sound terrible and I know my patience are wearing thin in general but I just cannot wait to get out of there!!!

My parents have a holiday home in Connemara so heading there on Friday for the long weekend. Fingers crossed the weather is somewhat decent. The Galway races are on so I have total FOMO and want to get out of town:o

Bag is still not packed. Tried to finish it last night but the couch and two ice pops won out! My son had me up five times last night so along with the four toilet trips i'm pretty wrecked today. Ill take it as training for the impending night feeds:D

For the ladies with toddlers, how do ye think they will react to the baba's when they arrive? My little guy is really excited and talks all the time about the baby but he has also started referring to himself as the baby and how its just us three!!! It is definitely on his mind a lot. I hope he's OK with it all!!!

• Advertisement

Iarla comes home tomorrow, Evanne needs to put on a little weight before she will come home but hopefully she should be home next Monday.

Roomed in with Iarla at the hospital last night, he slept great but I got no sleep! Breastfeeding is going ok. My milk supply is very good and they are both latching and feeding but neither can get enough through b/f alone so am topping them up with expressed milk. It is working ok, but the nurses seem very insistent that they need to breastfeed exclusively.

To be honest, I am taking my mother's advice on this "smile and nod at them and the do what you think is best when you get home" ;-)

Photo of the two attached. So cute. x

brokensoul wrote: »
    Iarla comes home tomorrow, Evanne needs to put on a little weight before she will come home but hopefully she should be home next Monday.

Roomed in with Iarla at the hospital last night, he slept great but I got no sleep! Breastfeeding is going ok. My milk supply is very good and they are both latching and feeding but neither can get enough through b/f alone so am topping them up with expressed milk. It is working ok, but the nurses seem very insistent that they need to breastfeed exclusively.

To be honest, I am taking my mother's advice on this "smile and nod at them and the do what you think is best when you get home" ;-)

Aw wow brokensoul, what beautiful babies. Sounds like you are doing great. Mind yourself too and I think your mom has sound advice! Don't let anyone put you under any more pressure than I'm sure you're under adapting to becoming a mum for the first time and to twins at that.

brokensoul wrote: »

Beautiful babies, congratulations! They will have an amazing bond for the rest of their lives, how lucky they are.

Brokensoul, their gorgeous!

Random question, what's everyone planning on bringing into delivery ward for baby with regards clothing? We had a tour of the ward last night at the antenatal class and man it was so frickn warm, it was really uncomfortable. The midwife mentioned a nappy, vest, baby grow and hat for baby plus blankets. I know it's recommended one extra layer than what you have on, but it just seemed like alot of clothing considering how hot it was. I don't have a baby grow packed in labour bag and now wondering if I should. Alot of friends have said that baby often isn't dressed before going onto post natal ward as your still usually doing skin to skin when your moved. I was hoping to keep labour ward bag as minimal as possible for handiness sake.

Brokensoul, their gorgeous!

Random question, what's everyone planning on bringing into delivery ward for baby with regards clothing? We had a tour of the ward last night at the antenatal class and man it was so frickn warm, it was really uncomfortable. The midwife mentioned a nappy, vest, baby grow and hat for baby plus blankets. I know it's recommended one extra layer than what you have on, but it just seemed like alot of clothing considering how hot it was. I don't have a baby grow packed in labour bag and now wondering if I should. Alot of friends have said that baby often isn't dressed before going onto post natal ward as your still usually doing skin to skin when your moved. I was hoping to keep labour ward bag as minimal as possible for handiness sake.

I finally got my labour bag packed last night! So for baby I have a hat,vest,babygro and a nappy packed in a ziplock bag! The list I got at the refresher antenatal class said two blankets but I just packed one and then two others in my bag for the ward.

I know it's really hot and stuffy in the hospital but think the babies are used to being snuggled in the womb which is much warmer than the hospital!
    I'd say just pop a babygro in the bag, wont take up too much room.
    I ended up being kept in the labour room for over four hours after the birth so eventually dressed him!

It's August......

It's August......

Finally it's our month...woohoo!!!

It's August......

Crazy isn't it! We officially can't have a July baby now. My daughter's birthday is on Sunday and I'm due Thursday, what are the chances they might end up sharing the same birthday date :)

Wishing all the August mamas to be a great month!

Evanne is being discharged this afternoon so will finally have the two home with me. Going between being really excited and having no idea how we will cope! Mainly excited though. x

• Advertisement

Awww that's brilliant brokensoul! Delighted for ya that they will both be home with ye. Now ye can really settle into family mode and enjoy both of them!

Ah judge trudy, that's lovely that they will at least have birthdays close to each other. Is your daughter looking forward to the new arrival?

We finally finally got everything sorted in the house today! The two granddad's, my Mam and some of my OHs siblings were out helping sort out the shed so that the house could be finished! One temporary fence is needed to keep the dogs out of part of the garden and we're all set! So happy to have it all done... Nothing like a looming due date to get everyone in gear.... And what's better we didn't ask anyone to help today, they all took it on them selves!

How is everyone feeling? Iv been very achy today, think I'm finally having some bh, bump very uncomfortable in a different way than usual and going from being very firm to soft all day, think it's tightenings I'm feeling, but I'm not 100% sure. Baby seems to be enjoying jabbing me as well! ;-)!!!

Advertisement