Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2016 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

Fantastic news brokensoul. Hope they are both settling in well at home.

I had my growth scan today. Baby is measuring 7.7lb at 36+5 weeks! Looks like another big baby on the way. Two days left in work, the struggle is very real at this stage!! I'm in bits.

Great that everyone came together for you at the weekend scarepanda. Must be a great feeling to have ticked off the last of the big jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Judge Trudy

I had my last hospital appointment yesterday! I'm so glad to be finished, the waiting around was hard and I always had to bring my toddler with me as I had no one to mind her. I just have to see my GP early next week and induced on the 12th if baby hasn't arrived by then. I was getting bad tightening in my back yesterday and shots of pain into my pelvis where I couldn't stand up or walk but nothing since then. I just hope the baby has a safe delivery and not a mad dash to the hospital.

Everyone definitely seems on the wind down now, great to get your to-do list crossed off and have work out of the way. I'm enjoying my last few Me moments before baby no.2 arrives!

Saw it in another thread. Will we just add our username and due date so we can have them all together.

Judge Trudy- 4th of August

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Judge Trudy- 4th of August

Scarepanda - 11th of August

scarepanda wrote: »
    Scarepanda - 11th of August

Cant26 - 25th of August

• Advertisement

brokensoul wrote: »
    Iarla comes home tomorrow, Evanne needs to put on a little weight before she will come home but hopefully she should be home next Monday.

Roomed in with Iarla at the hospital last night, he slept great but I got no sleep! Breastfeeding is going ok. My milk supply is very good and they are both latching and feeding but neither can get enough through b/f alone so am topping them up with expressed milk. It is working ok, but the nurses seem very insistent that they need to breastfeed exclusively.

To be honest, I am taking my mother's advice on this "smile and nod at them and the do what you think is best when you get home" ;-)

Photo of the two attached. So cute. x

Hope you and your beauties are doing great. Was looking at your lovely milestones cards and they reminded me to order some for baby. I have great pictures of my daughter but I would have no record of when she did what. I'm determined to keep track of when baby did everything this time and these cards are a lovely way of doing it :)

One day past my due date and I feel good. I was getting so many aches and tightening earlier in the week but they've stopped again. I feel like the house was so clean a few weeks ago and now I have to start over again before baby comes, peaked too soon on that one. We've settled on a name at long last but we'll wait for baby to come first. I'm surprisingly calm and have no anxiety, hopefully I'm this calm in labour!

I keep getting texts about has baby arrived yet, I'm sending pictures of random babies that look nothing like us back to amuse myself.

I hope everyone is keeping good :)

How's everyone doing?
    Are you still feeling good trudy? Are you two or three days over?
    I'm on maternity leave!!!! Thought it would never come. Feel so much more chilled about everything now that I'm off. Have a few pamper appointments made for this week to treat myself and little man will go to his childminders just so I can recharge the batteries.
    Picked up our travel system today. I love it!!! Mental having two car seats in the back. Just can't wait for this little person to fill his!
    How are you getting on brokensoul? Are the twins settling into life at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

cant26 wrote: »
    How's everyone doing?
    Are you still feeling good trudy? Are you two or three days over?
    I'm on maternity leave!!!! Thought it would never come. Feel so much more chilled about everything now that I'm off. Have a few pamper appointments made for this week to treat myself and little man will go to his childminders just so I can recharge the batteries.
    Picked up our travel system today. I love it!!! Mental having two car seats in the back. Just can't wait for this little person to fill his!
    How are you getting on brokensoul? Are the twins settling into life at home?

Glad to hear you are feeling good.

I am well. We are trying to figure out how we are going to manage the night feeds once my husband heads back to work, that will be our biggest challenge. They are the most adorable creatures though, I still can't quite believe they are here and they are well. We were ttc since 2012 so I think part of me never believed that we would have kids.

I am still on antibiotics for mastitis. There is one lump that I cannot seem to drain no matter how much I pump or apply heat etc so if it hasn't cleared by next week they may need to drain it *vomit*

Still hoping it will clear before then.

I have been overdue since Thursday but I feel good at the moment. I had a lot of tightening yesterday and pelvis pain but it's my daughter's birthday today and I wanted to be at home to celebrate with her. My partner's cousin was due her baby on Saturday and she ended up giving birth at 1a.m Friday night! I couldn't get over the timing of it, he'll be a great time keeper when he's older! Just going to enjoy this week until baby comes, will be induced on Friday no matter what.

I hope everyone is keeping great. You won't know yourself now Cant26, my energy levels shot up when I started my leave. Lots of R&R and self focus now :)

• Advertisement

Well an induction looks to be on the cards for us. Had a scan at the clinic today and baby is measuring big, just shy of 4kg... Have to attend the fetal assessment unit on Friday to get a proper scan and assess properly size of baby, but I'm taking it that I'll be induced this day week if I don't go before hand myself! It didn't sound like they would let me go any further and I know bubs has gotten very big (at least the bump has) over the last 3 or so weeks.

On a positive note though I lost my mucus plug this morning and there was a bit of show as well. The bump has dropped an awful lot over the last couple of days as well.

I hope everyone's feeling good!

Well an induction looks to be on the cards for us. Had a scan at the clinic today and baby is measuring big, just shy of 4kg... Have to attend the fetal assessment unit on Friday to get a proper scan and assess properly size of baby, but I'm taking it that I'll be induced this day week if I don't go before hand myself! It didn't sound like they would let me go any further and I know bubs has gotten very big (at least the bump has) over the last 3 or so weeks.

On a positive note though I lost my mucus plug this morning and there was a bit of show as well. The bump has dropped an awful lot over the last couple of days as well.

I was induced with my first and I preferred going into labour that way than a mad dash into the hospital. Also, I'm group B strep and I need to be put on antibiotics as soon as I'm in active labour so would prefer my labour to be controlled for that reason. Anyway it sounds like you might go yourself if your plug is gone. Very exciting :)

Not a peep out of this bump, he's too cosy. Will be going into hospital Thursday all going to plan.

I have been overdue since Thursday but I feel good at the moment. I had a lot of tightening yesterday and pelvis pain but it's my daughter's birthday today and I wanted to be at home to celebrate with her. My partner's cousin was due her baby on Saturday and she ended up giving birth at 1a.m Friday night! I couldn't get over the timing of it, he'll be a great time keeper when he's older! Just going to enjoy this week until baby comes, will be induced on Friday no matter what.

I hope everyone is keeping great. You won't know yourself now Cant26, my energy levels shot up when I started my leave. Lots of R&R and self focus now :)

'Self focus' hits the nail on the head with me. Life is so busy that I was living for these few days on my own getting into the zone of what's to come.
    Great that your end date is near. I hope these last few days go smoothly for you.

Had acupuncture this morning and have a sweep on Wednesday and acupuncture again on Thursday I'll be 38 weeks on Thursday. hopefully it will get things going!

So exciting scarepanda. When is your due date? Hopefully losing your plug is a sign that things might happen themselves. In saying that I lost mine last time at 39 weeks and had to be induced at 11 days over!
    I'm the same as judge trudy, I liked the planned element of the induction! Hope you're feeling well. Fun times ahead!!

Thanks ladies!

To be honest I'm relaxed either way. Ye id probably prefer to go myself ... Just because... But it would take the guts of 2 hrs from the time I rang himself if he's in work to getting to the hospital! I do suffer a bit from anxiety so a planned induction is appealing from that perspective, but iv heard a number of times that inductions can be harder with stronger/more painful contractions that come on top of each other... But I suppose everyone is different and there pros and cons to both!

I'm due Thursday cant26. Can't believe it's here already!

I hope everyone's doing good! We're all nearly there!

So I'm currently in the hospital. I doubt I'll be kept as not in active labour yet, but they are sending me for the scan today instead of waiting for tomorrow.

Woke up this morning with pains and when I started timing them they were less than 9 minutes apart so rang hospital. Waited for about 1.30hrs to see what they did and they dropped to 6-7 mins. Once we got into car they were coming every 4-5 mins. However the pains were not as bad as I thought they should have been but we live an hour away and the advice from hospital any time I asked was to head once the pains were less than 10 minutes apart.
    So we're here, I'm having pains that are getting a bit stronger and waiting for the scan to see how big baby is.
    I'm so tired though and just want to go home to sleep, but also don't want to go home without baby!

I hope everyone's doing good!

So I'm currently in the hospital. I doubt I'll be kept as not in active labour yet, but they are sending me for the scan today instead of waiting for tomorrow.

Woke up this morning with pains and when I started timing them they were less than 9 minutes apart so rang hospital. Waited for about 1.30hrs to see what they did and they dropped to 6-7 mins. Once we got into car they were coming every 4-5 mins. However the pains were not as bad as I thought they should have been but we live an hour away and the advice from hospital any time I asked was to head once the pains were less than 10 minutes apart.
    So we're here, I'm having pains that are getting a bit stronger and waiting for the scan to see how big baby is.
    I'm so tired though and just want to go home to sleep, but also don't want to go home without baby!

Exciting scarepanda! Were you let home? Sounds like it might be kicking off for you very soon. Best of luck!

cant26 wrote:
    Exciting scarepanda! Were you let home? Sounds like it might be kicking off for you very soon. Best of luck!

Naw, was feckn kept. They couldn't get the scan for today. The pains were still pretty much the same when the dr came around, but considering the distance we have to travel they decided to keep me and bring me up to the scan that I'm already booked in for tomorrow themselves.

It's been pretty much the same since i woke at 3am, pains are a little stronger, but coming less regular, although the majority are still below 10 minutes.

So bored! I just want to go home and get a good sleep in my own bed with cuddles from himself. I'm also missing the dogs something shocking as well :-(

How is everyone feeling?
    Thinking of you judge trudy, hope baba is in your arms right now or at least almost there!
    How was your scan scarepanda?
    Hope the rest of the ladies are keeping well..
    I'm feeling lots of pressure even though baby still feels very high.
    Still another 12 days until due date so I'll be the last one standing here! It's gone super quiet :)

cant26 wrote: »
    How is everyone feeling?
    Thinking of you judge trudy, hope baba is in your arms right now or at least almost there!
    How was your scan scarepanda?
    Hope the rest of the ladies are keeping well..
    I'm feeling lots of pressure even though baby still feels very high.
    Still another 12 days until due date so I'll be the last one standing here! It's gone super quiet :)

Thanks Cant26. Our wee baby boy was born before midnight last night. My labour was difficult and didn't go to plan, my epidural faded very fast and the top up didn't work either. I was left just using the gas and air and could feel every contraction and delivery pain but he is so worth it. We're all absolutely besotted with him and he is just so calm and content so far. We haven't settled on a name yet but we're 99% sure. Good luck to all the August Mammies left, I hope you have a safe and quick delivery :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Thanks Cant26. Our wee baby boy was born before midnight last night. My labour was difficult and didn't go to plan, my epidural faded very fast and the top up didn't work either. I was left just using the gas and air and could feel every contraction and delivery pain but he is so worth it. We're all absolutely besotted with him and he is just so calm and content so far. We haven't settled on a name yet but we're 99% sure. Good luck to all the August Mammies left, I hope you have a safe and quick delivery :)

Delighted for you, enjoy every minute. x

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

Congratulations Judge Trudy, had little girl on Monday 3.91kg, was induced but was very quick labour. She is absolutely perfect and her big Sister is adjusting well. Good luck to all you ladies waiting for your little bundles. The wait is so worth it. X

Aww congratulations, great to read you lovely news. I hope you are recovering well.x

Hey guys!

Baby scarepanda arrived in dramatic style this morning via section. We're all good though. Mad few days behind us!

She's been such a dote though! Fast asleep in her daddy's arms right now. So in love!

Hope your feeling well judge trudy! And that your lil boy is doing good!

Hey guys!

Baby scarepanda arrived in dramatic style this morning via section. We're all good though. Mad few days behind us!

She's been such a dote though! Fast asleep in her daddy's arms right now. So in love!

Hope your feeling well judge trudy! And that your lil boy is doing good!

Congrats scarepanda! Enjoy all those gorgeous cuddles.

Thanks can't26!!! We're both so in love with her., She's beautiful ;)!!!

I hope your keeping well. You won't feel it till your little bundle of joy is lying in your arms like ours is right now in mine! Their so precious

How is everyone doing? Any sign yet Cant26? We're settling in great at home but we had a really bad night last night. He was up screaming until 6a.m! We think it was his bellybutton clamp annoying him. He has been sleeping all day and Granny took my daughter so we've caught up on rest. It's been bliss today. Breastfeeding is going well but I'm not putting myself under huge pressure to do ir for a certain length of time. He's a week old tomorrow, time flies!

How is everyone doing? Any sign yet Cant26? We're settling in great at home but we had a really bad night last night. He was up screaming until 6a.m! We think it was his bellybutton clamp annoying him. He has been sleeping all day and Granny took my daughter so we've caught up on rest. It's been bliss today. Breastfeeding is going well but I'm not putting myself under huge pressure to do ir for a certain length of time. He's a week old tomorrow, time flies!

That's great that ye are settling well at home, I can't wait to be at that stage! How is your daughter finding being a big sister?

No sign of baby coming any time soon for me. I'm 39+1 so not even at my due date yet but was led to believe that id be induced at 39 but that is not happening now. I'm due next Thursday and unless I've gone by then I'll be induced on Friday. So only a week tops to go! My SPD is at a crippling stage, I can't believe the difference of me now and my last pregnancy. I feel like a crock :(

How are the rest of the August mums? Any more arrivals? I hope everyone is keeping well.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Noahboah2014

Hi ladies. I hope it's ok to ask this here. I recieve maternity benefit. Which is paid on a Monday. I bank with ulster bank and as they open on a Saturday my payment is usually in my account Friday night/Saturday morning. But no sign of it today, anyone experiencing the same problem xxx

• Advertisement

Hi ladies. I hope it's ok to ask this here. I recieve maternity benefit. Which is paid on a Monday. I bank with ulster bank and as they open on a Saturday my payment is usually in my account Friday night/Saturday morning. But no sign of it today, anyone experiencing the same problem xxx

I got mine paid into my account as normal this morning.

Advertisement