Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2016 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

Congratulations Brokensoul.
    Had my GP appointment on Friday morning. She thinks I am 9 weeks I think i am 8! Sure the scan will reveal all hopefully. The system has changed in Galway since my last time round in 2013. Now you get a 12 week scan and 20 week scan as standard. Also I will be given my medical notes from the hospital as opposed to the combined care card. Hows everyone feeling? I am so nauseous when I get up but thankfully it usually subsides by 10am. It could be a lot worse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Miss Merry Berry

I still haven't been booked into the hospital yet, I'm hoping I'll get an appointment in the next 2-3 weeks after my nurse's appointment tomorrow. I do not feel pregnant these days at all, a bit of nausea would be nice to reassure me. I hope everyone is feeling good.

Miss Merry Berry I woke up this morning with just the faintest bit of nausea. Been worrying all day wondering if everything is ok. I swore to myself I would just go with the flow and not be as much of a worrier this time round. I was a bit ott when pregnant with my first!! but as the weeks go by its getting harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭MichB2012

cant26 wrote: »
    Congratulations Brokensoul.
    Had my GP appointment on Friday morning. She thinks I am 9 weeks I think i am 8! Sure the scan will reveal all hopefully. The system has changed in Galway since my last time round in 2013. Now you get a 12 week scan and 20 week scan as standard. Also I will be given my medical notes from the hospital as opposed to the combined care card. Hows everyone feeling? I am so nauseous when I get up but thankfully it usually subsides by 10am. It could be a lot worse!

No combined care second time around?

Are you def supposed to go to gp? Last time I was pregnant, I was at docs for something unrelated and I told him I was pregnant (was around 8 wks) and he just sorted out combined care for me and that was it..no checks or blood pressure/tests etc, I was told to come back in a few weeks and see the nurse. This time, (also around 8 weeks) I was at the docs last week, forgot to ask doc about combined care so asked receptionist for the form to sign up and was told 'you need to make an apt with gp first' Seems a little strange or maybe she just wanted my €65 :)

MichB2012 wrote: »
    No combined care second time around?

Are you def supposed to go to gp? Last time I was pregnant, I was at docs for something unrelated and I told him I was pregnant (was around 8 wks) and he just sorted out combined care for me and that was it..no checks or blood pressure/tests etc, I was told to come back in a few weeks and see the nurse. This time, (also around 8 weeks) I was at the docs last week, forgot to ask doc about combined care so asked receptionist for the form to sign up and was told 'you need to make an apt with gp first' Seems a little strange or maybe she just wanted my €65 :)

Still combined care. I meant the hospital side of things with the extra scan and keeping of the charts! I think it depends on where in the country you are based, you can book yourself into the maternity hospitals in Dublin without GP referral but I am pretty certain your GP has to do it in Galway. Might be different if you go private. I didn't pay for that initial GP visit. Jeez €65 is a bit steep isn't it:eek:

• Advertisement

Had a horrible day today, my hormones were all over the place, I was panicking about everything and I was so tired. I went to the nurse/doctor yesterday and it turns out that I'm 12 weeks gone now and not the 11 like I thought. I can't wait to get scanned, I'm huge. If they turned around and said that I'm having twins, I wouldn't be surprised lol. I was this big around 6 months the last time I was pregnant. Hope everyone is keeping good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

I am having a major spot breakout - my skin hasn't looked like this since I was about 13!

Feel quite self conscious about it, combined with feeling a bit chunkier, all in all I look like Sh!t.

When does this blooming phase start ;-)

Have another scan on Monday so starting to fret about that. If that goes well though, I will finally be finished with the fertility clinic and graduate onto "normal" maternity services.

I am having a major spot breakout - my skin hasn't looked like this since I was about 13!

Feel quite self conscious about it, combined with feeling a bit chunkier, all in all I look like Sh!t.

When does this blooming phase start ;-)

Have another scan on Monday so starting to fret about that. If that goes well though, I will finally be finished with the fertility clinic and graduate onto "normal" maternity services.

How is everyone keeping? It's very quiet in here.

How is everyone keeping? It's very quiet in here.

Im good, 10 week scan went well so I have "graduated" to maternity services!

Have a scan on the 16th of Feb with them and all going well will tell people (apart from family, who already know) at that stage. I think that will make it more real.

How are you doing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 elleg

That's great broken soul!

We had out first appointment with consultant and scan. So lovely to see baby wriggling around. I think we'll start telling people next week. It'll definitely seem real then!

Nausea is definitely easing. The tiredness is still there, but not as bone-achingly awful as during the first weeks.

I'm keeping good but I'm annoyed as I still have not received a hospital appointment and I'm 13 weeks now! Maternity services up here are so inefficient. I have been ringing all week and all I get is pass the buck, oh your referral is with the consultant, as soon as it gets back to us we will send you an appointment. I'm thinking if I don't know my appointment by the weekend, I'm going for a private scan to put my mind at ease. Glad everyone is keeping good and got to see their little babas moving away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

I had what I thought was my 11 week scan. It turns out I was only 10+5 so they moved my due date 2 days, thats fine. But apparently those 2 days make a huge difference in accuracy and I have to go back at 13 weeks to get a re dating scan then. Other than that everything was fine.

As far as I know the earlier the scan the more accurate the dating is...Not complaining. Well...I was a bit, but only because I am so pushed for time that coming in for a re dating scan did not suit me at all!. Thankfully I was able to fit it on the same day as I have my first appointment with the consultant.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

Hi ladies,
    Joining the group, due 5th Aug with second baby.. Apart from tiredness feeling great. Had scan last week so definitely feels real!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭MichB2012

Looks like I'm moving out of here and into sept thread instead..apparently my dates were wrong by almost 3 weeks..I've had a 5 week cycle before, maybe 5 and a half but never 7 weeks so 3 weeks off seems a bit mad to me but sure there you have it. I suppose one plus will be my OH will get the two weeks paternity leave from sept..no1 will be starting playschool from sept so that will leave things a bit up in the air until the time comes..best of luck to all you ladies in here xx

Finally got to see my little bubalubs today. We only got the appointment yesterday and luckily it was for after work today so I didn't have to make up any porkies to get out of work. Thankfully everything is going great and I'm due on the 4th of August and not the 2nd like I thought. My sister is getting married on the 24th of July, I was meant to be a bridesmaid but I think I'll pass now. Just want to focus on the baby now.

Glad your scan went well miss merry berry! I have mine this Friday. Pretty apprehensive, hopefully all will be fine. I don't work Fridays so I was lucky to get the appointment for that day. Already dreading telling work. I'm not sure how it will go. My contract is up in April so they could let me go even though they keep saying that they want to keep me on. Time will tell I suppose! How's everyone's symptoms? I'm still a little queasy in the mornings and my boobs are always sore but I'm not half as tired as I was on my first. Have put on a silly amount of weight already due to all the carbs and zero exercise. Hopefully it will level out like it did last time. Hope everyone is keeping well.

Glad your scan went well miss merry berry! I have mine this Friday. Pretty apprehensive, hopefully all will be fine. I don't work Fridays so I was lucky to get the appointment for that day. Already dreading telling work. I'm not sure how it will go. My contract is up in April so they could let me go even though they keep saying that they want to keep me on. Time will tell I suppose! How's everyone's symptoms? I'm still a little queasy in the mornings and my boobs are always sore but I'm not half as tired as I was on my first. Have put on a silly amount of weight already due to all the carbs and zero exercise. Hopefully it will level out like it did last time. Hope everyone is keeping well.

Aw it'll go great. Is this your first? I work with an all female staff and I'm picking up vibes that they know I'm pregnant already. I catch them glancing at my belly and they're forever talking about babies. Could be my paranoia though. I'm in a similar position, my contract is up at the end of August. I should qualify for maternity benefit and I'm thinking of taking a year out and try go back to work the following year. The queasiness is still there for me though but I've read it's meant to ease in the next few weeks. I'm looking forward to going out for dinner and not gagging or legging it to the toilet!

Aw it'll go great. Is this your first? I work with an all female staff and I'm picking up vibes that they know I'm pregnant already. I catch them glancing at my belly and they're forever talking about babies. Could be my paranoia though. I'm in a similar position, my contract is up at the end of August. I should qualify for maternity benefit and I'm thinking of taking a year out and try go back to work the following year. The queasiness is still there for me though but I've read it's meant to ease in the next few weeks. I'm looking forward to going out for dinner and not gagging or legging it to the toilet!

No it's my second. I have a 2.5 year old as well. How many weeks are you? You're probably overthinking it but it's crazy how some people just pick up on things. I twigged my sister in law was pregnant last month a few weeks before she announced it. I didn't say it and it wasn't anything to do with her appearance. I'm the opposite in that I work mainly with men apart from a few older ladies in admin whose baby days are definitely over!! I don't think they have guessed but I'd say they think I've just gotten fat, my work clothes are getting a bit tight and every outfit is accessorised with a scarf! That will be nice to take the year off. I took two years out after having my boy so will definitely not qualify for state maternity pay and won't be getting it from my employer either so I think I will go back after the 6 months this time. It was amazing having that time off but don't think it's a runner this time. Is this your first?

No it's my second. I have a 2.5 year old as well. How many weeks are you? You're probably overthinking it but it's crazy how some people just pick up on things. I twigged my sister in law was pregnant last month a few weeks before she announced it. I didn't say it and it wasn't anything to do with her appearance. I'm the opposite in that I work mainly with men apart from a few older ladies in admin whose baby days are definitely over!! I don't think they have guessed but I'd say they think I've just gotten fat, my work clothes are getting a bit tight and every outfit is accessorised with a scarf! That will be nice to take the year off. I took two years out after having my boy so will definitely not qualify for state maternity pay and won't be getting it from my employer either so I think I will go back after the 6 months this time. It was amazing having that time off but don't think it's a runner this time. Is this your first?

As the hospital changed my due date, I think I'm 13+5 now. I'm very similar to you. I have a 2.5 year old girl and I took two years off after I had her as well. I only went back to work in September. I gave up a permanent job in Dublin to come back home and I'll just be going from contract to contract for the foreseeable future. I can't afford to keep taking time off so if I have any more, I'll have to go straight back to work after maternity leave. Thought I was going to see twins on the ultrasccan today but no such luck :)

• Advertisement

That's pretty much me as well! I suffer from psoriasis and it has broken out on my face at the moment. Went and got a fringe cut in last week in an attempt to minimize it!

I have started back exercising, though very slowly. My GP and consultant both say that swimming and cross trainer are fine, but I can't run. Even with that reassurance though, I am still a little nervous of it.

As the hospital changed my due date, I think I'm 13+5 now. I'm very similar to you. I have a 2.5 year old girl and I took two years off after I had her as well. I only went back to work in September. I gave up a permanent job in Dublin to come back home and I'll just be going from contract to contract for the foreseeable future. I can't afford to keep taking time off so if I have any more, I'll have to go straight back to work after maternity leave. Thought I was going to see twins on the ultrasccan today but no such luck :)

Haha we are very similar! I'm only back to work since July. This pregnancy was a lovely surprise as we hadn't planned on trying until later in the year, when I would be eligible for maternity pay and hopefully permanent in work. Wouldn't change a thing though. Twins is a different story! My OH is a twin and two of his cousins have twins so there's a bit of a chance.

brokensoul wrote: »
    That's pretty much me as well! I suffer from psoriasis and it has broken out on my face at the moment. Went and got a fringe cut in last week in an attempt to minimize it!

I have started back exercising, though very slowly. My GP and consultant both say that swimming and cross trainer are fine, but I can't run. Even with that reassurance though, I am still a little nervous of it.

Fair play for having the energy! I'm hoping my energy levels will rise in the next few weeks to get back into some exercise routine. That's what happened last time. However running around after a 2year old is about as much as I can manage after work!! Hope your psoriasis calms down soon for you. Moogoo have lovely natural skincare products that are totally natural and they do a cream for psoriasis. I haven't used it but I use their moisturise and there baby products on my son. It's lovely stuff. might help.

Haha we are very similar! I'm only back to work since July. This pregnancy was a lovely surprise as we hadn't planned on trying until later in the year, when I would be eligible for maternity pay and hopefully permanent in work. Wouldn't change a thing though. Twins is a different story! My OH is a twin and two of his cousins have twins so there's a bit of a chance.

Same here, I wanted to wait a year or two to build up my experience and get back on the panel up here but sure these things happen and I'm so happy that there won't be too much of a gap between my children. My baby is due 3 days before my daughter's birthday so that would be handy for future birthday parties!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Jbubs

I'm 14 weeks pregnant with number 2 and have a 18 month old lil boy.
    Only back in work since June. Had my booking appointment last week in Holles street and all looks good for August 6th x

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

"Glad" to see I'm not the only one. I'm on a year contract, started back in September. Was hoping to start trying in a year or two once I knew where I stood but life happened!
    I don't think I'll get renewed. I think they are looking for something part time to save money after I go... It's a pity because I love the place. So I might take a few extra months after my mat leave is over (I was only able to survive 8months with my first, couldn't handle being at home)... But we'll see... I'm just going to go with the flow. No point on worrying now.

I couldn't possibly exercise. Struggling with the nausea big time. It took 5months to get over it with my son. The up side is that I'm travelling to Spain tomorrow an I can get Cariban at the chemist. It didn't completely get rid of it the first time around but it stopped me from getting sick and te nausea wasn't as bad.

I wonder what the consensus is about when you'll go into labour with your second or after. All along my pregnancy with my first, even in the hospital, I was told I would go over and I did by 2 weeks. Do second babies come much quicker I wonder? I know it's so hard to tell but I've heard that they don't hang about in there as much as first babies.

I wonder what the consensus is about when you'll go into labour with your second or after. All along my pregnancy with my first, even in the hospital, I was told I would go over and I did by 2 weeks. Do second babies come much quicker I wonder? I know it's so hard to tell but I've heard that they don't hang about in there as much as first babies.

Oh I don't even want to go there yet!! I have heard that you less likely to go over on your second rather than your first but I know a few people who went early on number one and then number two was an induction so I think it's all just a ploy to reassure women into doing it all again:D I was induced when I was 10 days over with my son. I would love if it didn't come to that this time round and if the labour was a little big quicker.

Had my scan today. Was so nervous but thankfully all seems well. Was such an eejit and forget to have a full bladder. I had the opposite! The technician found it hard to get the measurements and the picture was a bit grainy. She told me to drink some water, walk around and come back. The difference was unreal. My dates are put back by 5 days so my due date is now 25th. If this baby is anything like my first I will be having a September baby! Got some great pics and on cloud 9 now.

• Advertisement

Had my scan today. Was so nervous but thankfully all seems well. Was such an eejit and forget to have a full bladder. I had the opposite! The technician found it hard to get the measurements and the picture was a bit grainy. She told me to drink some water, walk around and come back. The difference was unreal. My dates are put back by 5 days so my due date is now 25th. If this baby is anything like my first I will be having a September baby! Got some great pics and on cloud 9 now.

So glad everything went good, such a great feeling and such a relief. I had the worse day so far of the pregnancy yesterday, was so nauseous and everything came back up. I was in bed at 8.00p.m on an empty stomach. I thought the nauseousness was over so I've learnt my lesson to stick with the plain food for now. I keep craving a fish and chips though!

Advertisement