Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2016 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

So glad everything went good, such a great feeling and such a relief. I had the worse day so far of the pregnancy yesterday, was so nauseous and everything came back up. I was in bed at 8.00p.m on an empty stomach. I thought the nauseousness was over so I've learnt my lesson to stick with the plain food for now. I keep craving a fish and chips though!

Oh you poor thing.

I haven't been getting sick, but have been getting some stomach cramps for the last week or so, which isn't great.

I have been craving sausage rolls (which I have been trying to avoid) and orange juice (which I have been laying into!)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

So glad everything went good, such a great feeling and such a relief. I had the worse day so far of the pregnancy yesterday, was so nauseous and everything came back up. I was in bed at 8.00p.m on an empty stomach. I thought the nauseousness was over so I've learnt my lesson to stick with the plain food for now. I keep craving a fish and chips though!

Thanks Miss Merry Berry! It was great alright. Have my booking in appointment with the hospital Wednesday afternoon so everything finally seems real, if that makes sense. That's crap that you had a rotten day on Saturday. Hope you are feeling better now. Hopefully only another few weeks or this and then plain sailing though the second trimester!

brokensoul wrote: »
    Oh you poor thing.

I haven't been getting sick, but have been getting some stomach cramps for the last week or so, which isn't great.

I have been craving sausage rolls (which I have been trying to avoid) and orange juice (which I have been laying into!)

I am the same with the sausage rolls! I usually hate the things but every time I pass a hot counter I have to fight the urge not to get some sausage rolls:o. I haven't given in to the craving yet because there will be no turning back. It will be sausage rolls every day for the next 6 months!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Miss Merry Berry

I've been craving greasy food too, the one thing that is making me so nauseous. I was so hungry and went to the shop a few days ago and chain ate 5 small bags of those red Doritoes back to back. I was actually disgusted with myself. I'm still embarrassed about it. I'm really craving crisps and I do love crisps but I manage to curb the want for them when I'm not pregnant. I think I'll use Lent as a good excuse to give them up.

I've been craving greasy food too, the one thing that is making me so nauseous. I was so hungry and went to the shop a few days ago and chain ate 5 small bags of those red Doritoes back to back. I was actually disgusted with myself. I'm still embarrassed about it. I'm really craving crisps and I do love crisps but I manage to curb the want for them when I'm not pregnant. I think I'll use Lent as a good excuse to give them up.

Ah don't be so hard on yourself. I doubt that's your usual daily snack;) I am craving crap too. If its not sausage rolls its chips. I sat in burger King on my lunch break last week eating a kids meal, head down in case anyone saw me!! This week I am trying to be a bit better. My usual go to lunches are soups and salads which are killing me with heartburn so I am bringing a brown bread roast chicken sandwich every day and putting a bag of cheese and onion Tayto with it!! Baby steps to healthier eating:D I am a bridesmaid in May. I need to cop on!!!

• Advertisement

cant26 wrote: »
    Ah don't be so hard on yourself. I doubt that's your usual daily snack;) I am craving crap too. If its not sausage rolls its chips. I sat in burger King on my lunch break last week eating a kids meal, head down in case anyone saw me!! This week I am trying to be a bit better. My usual go to lunches are soups and salads which are killing me with heartburn so I am bringing a brown bread roast chicken sandwich every day and putting a bag of cheese and onion Tayto with it!! Baby steps to healthier eating:D I am a bridesmaid in May. I need to cop on!!!

Hahaha, the things we do. I don't feel so bad about the Doritoes now. I've done the eating the Maccie Ds meal alone in the car park too. The last pregnancy I had, I craved chicken wings so I used to go to Eddie Rockets on my ownio and eat a big bowlful of them. I'm never this bad when I'm not pregnant.
    I'm meant to be bridesmaid for my sister's wedding at the end of July but it's about 10 days before my due date and I'm going to be like a whale if I haven't gone into labour at that stage. I had to tell her I was pregnant last week and ask her to take back the bridesmaid dress. She keep saying that she'll get me a nice dress of a bigger version of the original bridesmaid dress but I'm not so keen now. At least May gives you some leeway and you won't be too big at that stage.

Ladies, are ye getting aches and pains?

I get some random pains, esp if I need to go to the bathroom. I am assuming that it is just my body expanding but wondering if others are suffering from it.

I have no cramping or bleeding or anything like that, so trying to be calm!

I don't envy ye bridesmaid duties. I have to go to a wedding (just as a guest) in May and am already panicking about what the hell will fit me at that stage. A black tent and a hat maybe ;-)

Brokensoul I get days where i feel very achey. I think it was worse last time round though. I mainly put them down to stretching pains. Did feel a bit different a few weeks ago so went to the doctor and ended up on antibiotics for a UTI. I'm hypersensitive to every twinge i feel though! If you worried just pop to the GP for reassurance.

Had my booking in appointment a the hospital yesterday. All went well. Met the consultant, got another little scan and was transferred over to the midwives. My boy's birth weight was over the average so the consultant said they are going to scan me again around 37 weeks to get an idea of size and if it is looking like it will be the same again they will induce early.

I felt such a relief that they are putting a plan in place, while everything was fine last time round I really wouldn't like this baby to be any bigger. I had some complications after the birth that may have been avoided had he not been nearly 11 pounds. Then again they could have happened if he was only 6 pounds, who knows!

ASOS have gorgeous and reasonably priced maternity dresses at the minute. The nice stuff seems to sell out fast.

Holy Moly, fair play to you for delivering such a big baby! It's good that you're being well looked after.

My nausea calmed down a good bit this week but I have been eating better which definitely helped. I'm slowly getting my energy back and the motivation to go out walking again. Told my partner's parents last night and they are so happy. We'll tell my Dad over the weekend. Don't think I can leave it much longer, I've shot out in the last week. Getting so excited now.

Have my 12 week (well 13 week actually, as my consultant was away last week) scan on Tuesday morning.

Can't wait to have it over with. Am terrified that something will be wrong with one or both twins, or that they will test as at increased risk for DS (I am 38) or whatever.

I think partly because we conceived through IVF and partly because I have suffered two miscarriages, I don't feel "safe" at all in this pregnancy. I am hoping that if all goes well at the next scan I might start to relax a little.

Have any of ye had your scans yet?

• Advertisement

Have my 12 week (well 13 week actually, as my consultant was away last week) scan on Tuesday morning.

Can't wait to have it over with. Am terrified that something will be wrong with one or both twins, or that they will test as at increased risk for DS (I am 38) or whatever.

I think partly because we conceived through IVF and partly because I have suffered two miscarriages, I don't feel "safe" at all in this pregnancy. I am hoping that if all goes well at the next scan I might start to relax a little.

Have any of ye had your scans yet?

Glad everything went great. Twins would be amazing, I would love to have twins! I don't have another appointment until March 1st. I was asked today if I was expecting so I must be really obvious at this stage. I'm glad I've told friends and family now. Just work now but I think they know now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Twinkle29

Hi all,

First time joining a group like this so hope barging in mid way is the thing to do :-)

I am 15 weeks pregnant (first baby) due on the 6th August in Holles St. I have had two scans (we got an early scan due to a miscarriage at 13 weeks last year) and all going well so far.

brokensoul, hope your scan went well this morning :-)

I am new to all of this, feel like I am winging it to date, so it is great to read your threads with advice and updates.

Twinkle29 wrote: »
    Hi all,

First time joining a group like this so hope barging in mid way is the thing to do :-)

I am 15 weeks pregnant (first baby) due on the 6th August in Holles St. I have had two scans (we got an early scan due to a miscarriage at 13 weeks last year) and all going well so far.

brokensoul, hope your scan went well this morning :-)

I am new to all of this, feel like I am winging it to date, so it is great to read your threads with advice and updates.

Hi and welcome!

Yes, scan this morning went fine. Both babas are looking well and measuring as thy should be. Such a relief!

Am waiting now to break the news to my boss. I am sure they will be as delighted as I am :D

Hi and welcome!

Yes, scan this morning went fine. Both babas are looking well and measuring as thy should be. Such a relief!

Am waiting now to break the news to my boss. I am sure they will be as delighted as I am :D

That's fantastic! Such a relief I am sure.

It turns out I have another scan tomorrow (did not know this; Holles St just called to reschedule my appointment and told me what it involved) so I am very excited about this!

Good luck telling your boss...I am sure he/she will be delighted for you. I work in HR so if, on the off chance, you do have any trouble, feel free to shout and I'll help if I can

Welcome twinkle! Lovely that you have an unexpected scan to look forward to. Great to hear all went well this morning brokensoul. When do you think you will tell work? My boss was talking this morning about plans for the rest of the year that heavily involve me and I nearly blurted it out! Think I'll wait another week and then tell him, like I said before my contract is nearly up so in a way I was delighted. Gives me a bit of hope that I'll be kept on. Obviously this could change with my news!
    Mad that someone asked you miss merry berry!
    Did you tell your family at the weekend? Both of our parents knew and two of my friends. Going to wait until after I tell work before I tell anyone else I think.
    Went for a really long walk last night and felt great afterwards.

Welcome twinkle! Lovely that you have an unexpected scan to look forward to. Great to hear all went well this morning brokensoul. When do you think you will tell work? My boss was talking this morning about plans for the rest of the year that heavily involve me and I nearly blurted it out! Think I'll wait another week and then tell him, like I said before my contract is nearly up so in a way I was delighted. Gives me a bit of hope that I'll be kept on. Obviously this could change with my news!
    Mad that someone asked you miss merry berry!
    Did you tell your family at the weekend? Both of our parents knew and two of my friends. Going to wait until after I tell work before I tell anyone else I think.
    Went for a really long walk last night and felt great afterwards.

cant26; I was in the exact same position in work. My contract was due to finish in June this year but they kept talking about things that involve me. So I told my boss earlier than I had planned and he was very supportive and assured me I would get all of my maternity benefits. In fact I actually managed to convince him it was a positive that I leave under these circumstances and not them letting me go which he was delighted about!! I was so relieved to have that sorted; wasn't aware how much that was weighing on my mind. Best of luck telling him, you'll be glad when you do. Let us know how you get on.

Have been having a ball telling people for the last 24 hours - such fun ;-)

My boss actually took it fine, I don't think she was surprised. I am lucky in that I only work for her part time, the rest of the time I work for myself, so I have more flexibility than most in terms of organising work.

Have been having a ball telling people for the last 24 hours - such fun ;-)

My boss actually took it fine, I don't think she was surprised. I am lucky in that I only work for her part time, the rest of the time I work for myself, so I have more flexibility than most in terms of organising work.

That's great you have such flexibility. I'm a bit worried this time around about work, I think I'm going to have to get back to work straight after the 26 weeks. We had a meeting with a mortgage broker and with 2 children, we'd need at least earnings of €750 per week to qualify. My partner is self employed and earn lots one week and barely anything the next. We're also saving for the wedding next year and I don't want him shouldering all the saving. Even if I got cover work, I don't mind.

Glad you are happy with the outcome twinkle! So does that mean that your contract wasn't renewed by choice? Hope you don't mind me asking! Think ill tell them next Thursday.
    You're right I will be glad to get it out in the open, it is starting to bother me a bit and if they don't intend on keeping me I really need to get out there and find something else quick! It isn't an option this time to take any longer than the 26 weeks & the thoughts of having to start back into the interview process after maternity leave gives me the shivers!! Would be much happier if I knew what I was going back into.
    Apart from work I think i'm getting another UTI:( and my nausea seems to be rearing it's head again the last two days. It doesn't help that my lovely colleague has had the most horrifically smelling lunches this week!!
    Enjoy spreading the good news Brokensoul!!
    Hope everyone else is keeping well, the weekend is near!

Hi all,

Apologies for delayed response; was out of circulation last week.

cant26; I am officially on a permanent contract but with the agreement it would finish in June 2016. When I told my manager he agreed to my maternity leave with no commitments from either of us until after ordinary maternity leave. We have agreed that we will discuss options of any potential return or my exit from the company at that point. So yes, in a way, it was with my agreement. If you do end up staying and not looking for a job till after the 26 weeks, perhaps you could ask them to leave you on payroll (whether you are being paid or not) until the end of maternity leave so your P45 is issued at the end of maternity period i.e. no gaps on your CV.

Sorry to hear you are feeling unwell cant26. What is your due date? Mine is the 6th August so I am nearly 17 weeks and in the last week most of my symptoms have subsided. The only thing I am left with is a lot of headaches. It is amazing the difference a week made though!

brokensoul, sounds like you are really enjoying telling people. I still have only told my immediate colleagues. The divil in me wants to stay quiet to see who will actually say it to me :-) But I guess I will have to share soon.

• Advertisement

Miss Berry, that is a bit of a worry for you. Could you even discuss part-time with your manager for after the 26 weeks? Or are there any options for you to work from home for a while? So if you do have to go back at the end of the 26 weeks it might be a little bit more palatable?

Miss Berry, that is a bit of a worry for you. Could you even discuss part-time with your manager for after the 26 weeks? Or are there any options for you to work from home for a while? So if you do have to go back at the end of the 26 weeks it might be a little bit more palatable?

I'm actually part time at the minute but I'm a teacher doing resource and one of my pupils is going to secondary school in September so that's half my hours gone, leaving about 5.5 left. My principal might give me the remaining hours but I'll be on maternity leave for half the school year so it might not suit her. She might be good enough to do it but I have it in my head that I won't get a roll over of my contract but we'll see :)

Thanks Twinkle for the advice. I told work yesterday. Delighted to have it over and done with. My boss asked me in for a chat about the future so I had no choice but to say something! He took it really well, didn't even flinch! Obviously he could just have a great poker face!!

Seriously though he took it in his stride asked me if i wanted to stay and said hopefully in the next few weeks my contract will be trashed out.

I am 14 weeks tomorrow so a bit behind most of you ladies. I still feel a bit sick when I wake in the middle of the night and morning and still have sore breasts. Apart from that i'm doing good.

Going away with my partner this weekend without our little boy. First time we haven't brought him since he was a baby. Looking forward to the down time but will miss him.

How is everyone feeling? Any of ye feeling movement? I started feeling the 'bubbles' around 16/17 weeks last time. I wonder will it be the same this time!

Thanks Twinkle for the advice. I told work yesterday. Delighted to have it over and done with. My boss asked me in for a chat about the future so I had no choice but to say something! He took it really well, didn't even flinch! Obviously he could just have a great poker face!!

Seriously though he took it in his stride asked me if i wanted to stay and said hopefully in the next few weeks my contract will be trashed out.

I am 14 weeks tomorrow so a bit behind most of you ladies. I still feel a bit sick when I wake in the middle of the night and morning and still have sore breasts. Apart from that i'm doing good.

Going away with my partner this weekend without our little boy. First time we haven't brought him since he was a baby. Looking forward to the down time but will miss him.

How is everyone feeling? Any of ye feeling movement? I started feeling the 'bubbles' around 16/17 weeks last time. I wonder will it be the same this time!

Fantastic...delighted to hear it went well with your boss! Perhaps we under-estimate people. Sounds like he was genuinely happy for you. You can relax a bit now and hopefully the full contract situation will be ironed out asap.

Weekend away sounds lovely and good timing for you. Enjoy it.

I haven't felt anything yet...well not that I know of! But then again I don't really know what I should be looking out for.

Stupid question for you all; are you showing yet? My friend sent me a pic of herself when she was 21 weeks and there was barely a little bump. I am busting out of my clothes already and to me there is a substantial bump! I wonder have I gone crazy putting on weight or what!!!

Hey ladies,

I have had a kinda dull pain in my lower abdomen off and on for a few days. No spotting or cramping. My GP reckons it is ligaments stretching.

Just wondering if any of ye are experiencing the same thing and have ye found anything to relieve it?!

Hey ladies,

I have had a kinda dull pain in my lower abdomen off and on for a few days. No spotting or cramping. My GP reckons it is ligaments stretching.

Just wondering if any of ye are experiencing the same thing and have ye found anything to relieve it?!

Hi brokensoul,

Yes, I had this on and off for a couple of weeks too. It would come and go during the day and mostly got it in the evening times for some reason. I put it down to stretching of various things too :-) I didn't bother with anything to relieve it, but it wasn't that disruptive to me. I just waited it out and it seems to have passed now.

Hope you feel better soon.

Hi brokensoul,

Yes, I had this on and off for a couple of weeks too. It would come and go during the day and mostly got it in the evening times for some reason. I put it down to stretching of various things too :-) I didn't bother with anything to relieve it, but it wasn't that disruptive to me. I just waited it out and it seems to have passed now.

Hope you feel better soon.

Yeah, I am worst in the evening too. Thanks for the reply, sometimes just hearing that someone else is experiencing the same thing is a relief!

I just had coffee with my boss there, she was all concerned as to how may heath was, did I feel ok etc, but mainly it boiled down to "how long will you be able to keep working?" ;-)

Had a hospital check up today. They just checked blood pressure, weight, logged my medical history in depth and gave me a quick scan. The little monkey looks great, their wee heart was going 90. I was dying to find out gender but baby was in a bad position. I have been feeling lots of flutters the last few days, it's a lovely, comforting feeling :). The hospital are checking for diabetes as my mum had thyroid issues. I feel like I'm fine but I might as well get it checked. I hope everyone is doing great these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Hi everyone!

Iv been lurking around here since before Christmas, so decided I'd finally say hi! I'm 17+4 on my first baby, due mid August and going to Mullingar hospital.

Hope everyone's doing good xxx

• Advertisement

scarepanda wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

Iv been lurking around here since before Christmas, so decided I'd finally say hi! I'm 17+4 on my first baby, due mid August and going to Mullingar hospital.

Hope everyone's doing good xxx

Welcome welcome!

I am 16+1 today. Expecting twins though so I haven't a hope of reaching my due date of the 21st of August.

Advertisement