Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2016 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

Welcome scarepanda!

How is everyone feeling? I am 16 weeks tomorrow. I think I must be the last due out of us all. Envious of you all being ahead! Even if it's only a few days:D

Still waiting for the miraculous burst of energy that comes with the second trimester! I am still wrecked and at times finding it hard juggling work and my two year old and the house. Even though my partner is very good it's still a bit of a struggle! It makes me worry sometimes about whats ahead. Anyone else feel the same? Then other times I am ridiculously excited. Goes form one to the other pretty quickly!

Heard the baby's heart beat at my GP appointment last Thursday so that was lovely. In the evenings I can definitely see a bit of a bump which is exciting. Cannot wait to look pregnant and not just chunky!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Miss Merry Berry

cant26 wrote: »
    Welcome scarepanda!

How is everyone feeling? I am 16 weeks tomorrow. I think I must be the last due out of us all. Envious of you all being ahead! Even if it's only a few days:D

Still waiting for the miraculous burst of energy that comes with the second trimester! I am still wrecked and at times finding it hard juggling work and my two year old and the house. Even though my partner is very good it's still a bit of a struggle! It makes me worry sometimes about whats ahead. Anyone else feel the same? Then other times I am ridiculously excited. Goes form one to the other pretty quickly!

Heard the baby's heart beat at my GP appointment last Thursday so that was lovely. In the evenings I can definitely see a bit of a bump which is exciting. Cannot wait to look pregnant and not just chunky!!!

I could have written this post. Some days I feel like I could compete in the 2016 Summer Olympics, then other days I'm glued to the bed. Today was a bad day, I cried for about 10 minutes this morning, I couldn't help it. I really couldn't put my finger on why, just feeling a bit lonely I suppose. I'm worried how I'll cope with 2, my partner has a 3 hour commute to and from work and doesn't get home until 9 o'clock most evenings. I don't know how I'll do it on my own. I feel very fatigued.

I'm 19 weeks now and I definitely look pregnant. There's no way I could wear my normal jeans now. I'm having my anomaly scan in 2 weeks, once I know is going good, I'm going to start picking up bits and bobs. Need to get my daughter out of her cot, into her bed and toilet train her, eek.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

I could have written this post. Some days I feel like I could complete in the 2016 Summer Olympics, then other days I'm glued to the bed. Today was a bad day, I cried for about 10 minutes this morning, I couldn't help it. I really couldn't put my finger on why, just feeling a bit lonely I suppose. I'm worried how I'll cope with 2, my partner has a 3 hour commute to and from work and doesn't get home until 9 o'clock most evenings. I don't know how I'll do it on my own. I feel very fatigued.

I'm 19 weeks now and I definitely look pregnant. There's no way I could wear my normal jeans now. I'm having my anomaly scan in 2 weeks, once I know is going good, I'm going to start picking up bits and bobs. Need to get my daughter out of her cot, into her bed and toilet train her, eek.

That is exactly how I am at the moment!

I found the last few days hard, I have been tried and having a lot of stretching pains. Was with the nurse for a check up today and she reassured me that it is normal, which was nice to hear. Also heard the two babas heartbeats, which was amazing. I get the odd terror that they are not ok, so again that was good reassurance.

Like you, I am not ready to start preparing until my anomoly scan. Looking forward to it and terrified by it!

I could have written this post. Some days I feel like I could compete in the 2016 Summer Olympics, then other days I'm glued to the bed. Today was a bad day, I cried for about 10 minutes this morning, I couldn't help it. I really couldn't put my finger on why, just feeling a bit lonely I suppose. I'm worried how I'll cope with 2, my partner has a 3 hour commute to and from work and doesn't get home until 9 o'clock most evenings. I don't know how I'll do it on my own. I feel very fatigued.

Sorry to hear yesterday was a crappy day. Sometimes it is great to let It all out with a good cry. I find pregnancy is such a roller coaster of emotions and can be so overwhelming at times. I hope today is a good day.x

If I let my mind run away too far I get so worried about managing two. I'm really trying to stay in the now and reassure myself that everything will be ok. Oddly it's reassuring to hear others have the same worries at times.

There will be three years between my son and the baby. In most ways I feel it a great gap in others I worry that he will understand so much more in comparison to a smaller toddler and it may affect him more. Depending on my mood I can take a positive or not so positive spin on it.

I've decided to get a cleaner in once a week or once a fortnight in preparation for August. I just can't do it all. While I only work four days, they are full on and the week is hectic. I have two numbers for more than a week so once I bite the bullet and make the arrangements it'll be a load off my shoulders. This is huge for me. I'm the type of person who would prefer to clean the house before the cleaner comes!!

We have the same to do list merry berry. Need my son out of his cot, into a bed and toilet trained too. Want it all done by May so we have three months before baba arrives to get used to the change. Tried and failed the toilet training last month. Totally my fault due to lack of preparation so going to give it another go over Easter and fingers crossed it will be a more positive experience.

So lovely you got to hear the two babies heartbeats brokensoul. Such a special experience.x

Hope everyone has a nice weekend..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Thanks everyone!

Iv gotten the second trimester energy, but still knackered most of the time, because I tend to over do it when I do have the energy!
    I think I still look chunky, OH thinks people will have started guessing by now, but not say anything to me yet. I did get a mixture of large style clothes and some maternity clothes a few weeks ago, but still not filling then out! Can't wait to have a bump!

Anyone notice that their finding it very hard to concentrate on something for to long? Iv been like that since before I even knew I was pregnant. Trying to do a distance course at the moment and I'm really struggling with the course work. Thinking about deferring the rest of it until next year, because I'm only doing it half arsed!

Have ye bought much yet for baby? Especially if your a FTM? we're looking at buggies and car seats.. Trying to decide what's best for us, going to go test drive a couple different models next week I think, but we don't want to buy until after the 20 week scan. We're looking at I candy raspberry or apple and mamas&papas sola at the moment. It's nearly as hard as car shopping with all the different brands/models/targeted uses etc! OH had been reading up on the carseats and while would be happy to get maxi cosi, he thinks that the reviews are OK, but not as good as he would have thought. He wants to have a look at different brands. Price not really the issue, but doesn't want to spend money on a name if a different seat is safer but not as well known if that makes sense.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

• Advertisement

scarepanda wrote: »
    Thanks everyone!

Iv gotten the second trimester energy, but still knackered most of the time, because I tend to over do it when I do have the energy!
    I think I still look chunky, OH thinks people will have started guessing by now, but not say anything to me yet. I did get a mixture of large style clothes and some maternity clothes a few weeks ago, but still not filling then out! Can't wait to have a bump!

Anyone notice that their finding it very hard to concentrate on something for to long? Iv been like that since before I even knew I was pregnant. Trying to do a distance course at the moment and I'm really struggling with the course work. Thinking about deferring the rest of it until next year, because I'm only doing it half arsed!

Have ye bought much yet for baby? Especially if your a FTM? we're looking at buggies and car seats.. Trying to decide what's best for us, going to go test drive a couple different models next week I think, but we don't want to buy until after the 20 week scan. We're looking at I candy raspberry or apple and mamas&papas sola at the moment. It's nearly as hard as car shopping with all the different brands/models/targeted uses etc! OH had been reading up on the carseats and while would be happy to get maxi cosi, he thinks that the reviews are OK, but not as good as he would have thought. He wants to have a look at different brands. Price not really the issue, but doesn't want to spend money on a name if a different seat is safer but not as well known if that makes sense.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Oh i don't envy you with the study. I was studying for my final accountancy exams while pregnant with my son and I found it tough going. Like you say, it was the lack of concentration that really got to me. This time round I find my concentration is fine and when I'm in work I am focused. Not all the time obviously, like right now!

We don't have much to buy. Have the cot, moses basket, loads of boy clothes if it's a boy! We did get rid of our travel system because I hated it so I am looking forward to buying a new one! Obviously nothing will be bought until after the anatomy scan at 22 weeks. It will be between the Joolz earth and the bugaboo cameleon. Out of the limited baby car seats the maxi cosi seems to be one of the best. It's the next stage up car seats that are a real minefield!

Clothes are becoming a right pain for me now. Nothing really fits but I don't know what size to buy. was in New Look today and the maternity section was very limited to put it mildly! I gave all of my maternity clothes to a friend overseas so I doubt I will get any of them back. Where did you pick up your maternity clothes? I need some inspiration!

Oh i don't envy you with the study. I was studying for my final accountancy exams while pregnant with my son and I found it tough going. Like you say, it was the lack of concentration that really got to me. This time round I find my concentration is fine and when I'm in work I am focused. Not all the time obviously, like right now!

We don't have much to buy. Have the cot, moses basket, loads of boy clothes if it's a boy! We did get rid of our travel system because I hated it so I am looking forward to buying a new one! Obviously nothing will be bought until after the anatomy scan at 22 weeks. It will be between the Joolz earth and the bugaboo cameleon. Out of the limited baby car seats the maxi cosi seems to be one of the best. It's the next stage up car seats that are a real minefield!

Clothes are becoming a right pain for me now. Nothing really fits but I don't know what size to buy. was in New Look today and the maternity section was very limited to put it mildly! I gave all of my maternity clothes to a friend overseas so I doubt I will get any of them back. Where did you pick up your maternity clothes? I need some inspiration!

Oh jaz cant26, that's tough going. Thankfully I can defer the rest of the course till next year and I think I will. Either way I doubt I'll be able to finish it out because there's two practical weekends, the first and last weekend of July, I'll be less than 2 weeks away from due date at that stage.

Ya were trying to decide what we want and buy then after the next scan which is at 22 weeks. Booked it today. Can't wait! Think we're going to have a look at buggies in a couple of places tomorrow morning and will probably come out with completely different front runners! Thankfully OH is taking charge of research! I don't have the brain power at the moment ;-)!!

I'm kinda getting to same stage with clothes. I got maternity jeans in next a few weeks ago, got a casual shirt in H&M. That's all the maternity clothes iv gotten so far. Iv gotten casual tops in Penney's in my size but large style which are still doing me great and iv gotten two bags of clothes off a friend which contain a mixture of normal and maternity clothes in all sizes! I'm still wearing my normal tops underneath and new large fitting clothes on top. We've two confirmations and a communion coming up in the next couple months so planning on getting something nice for them. It's really hard to know what size to get.

Have managed to pick up a cold. Nose streaming and causing pressure behind my eyes.

Hopefully it will pass quickly and is not the start of a flu.

@Cant26 - Red Herring in Debenhems has some nice stuff, as does Mothercare, though their selection is small.

brokensoul wrote: »
    Have managed to pick up a cold. Nose streaming and causing pressure behind my eyes.

Hopefully it will pass quickly and is not the start of a flu.

@Cant26 - Red Herring in Debenhems has some nice stuff, as does Mothercare, though their selection is small.

Thanks brokensoul will check them out.
    How is everyone feeling? Delighted that today is my last day of work for the week! Quick question, are you ladies taking pregnancy vitamins? I was taking folic acid until I started forgetting at around 14 weeks. Can anyone recommend a good vitamin to take that isn't too hard on the stomach?

Thanks brokensoul will check them out.
    How is everyone feeling? Delighted that today is my last day of work for the week! Quick question, are you ladies taking pregnancy vitamins? I was taking folic acid until I started forgetting at around 14 weeks. Can anyone recommend a good vitamin to take that isn't too hard on the stomach?

Apart from the cold I am feeling good. Apparently we preggos can use vicks vaporub so used a bit of that last night and it really helped the congestion.

I am taking pregnacare. I find it fine on my stomach, but I generally have a good enough stomach for those sorts of things. They are expensive though. €10 or more for a month's supply. There is a non brand version in my local chemist for about €4. I am certain that it would be exactly the same thing but I can't bring myself to go with it- isn't fear an awful thing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Miss Merry Berry

Apart from the cold I am feeling good. Apparently we preggos can use vicks vaporub so used a bit of that last night and it really helped the congestion.

I am taking pregnacare. I find it fine on my stomach, but I generally have a good enough stomach for those sorts of things. They are expensive though. €10 or more for a month's supply. There is a non brand version in my local chemist for about €4. I am certain that it would be exactly the same thing but I can't bring myself to go with it- isn't fear an awful thing!

I was taking the normal Pregnacare until I ran out And bought the Pregnacare Max this time with the fish oils but they were €25 for one months supply! I didn't buy a few bars of chocolate to make up for the price and used my Boots card so wasn't as bad. I've started taking Galfer every second day as my iron levels are low. I definitely feel like I could do with a boost. I'm patiently waiting my big scan next week :)

Ok I need to cop on and start taking something. I think I'm pretty run down have gotten two cold sores in the last week when I haven't had one in years. The pregnacare max sounds interesting. Like the idea of the fish oils hefty price tag though!!

Hi all,

Hope your starting to feel better brokensoul!

I'm taking the regular pregnacare. My GP said not to worry about the other types of pregnacare. I'm getting a 75 pack in tesco for about €15 I'm almost certain. I must double check that to be certain. I'm also afraid to take the chance of taking any of the cheaper ones, even though they're pretty much the same!

Anyone here or know of anyone that has the uppababy Cruz buggy? It's the single of the vista? Was buggy browsing yesterday and fell in love with the Cruz, seems to tick all our boxes at the moment, but it's very expensive and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of reviews or second hand ones online.

Hi all,

Hope your starting to feel better brokensoul!

I'm taking the regular pregnacare. My GP said not to worry about the other types of pregnacare. I'm getting a 75 pack in tesco for about €15 I'm almost certain. I must double check that to be certain. I'm also afraid to take the chance of taking any of the cheaper ones, even though they're pretty much the same!

Anyone here or know of anyone that has the uppababy Cruz buggy? It's the single of the vista? Was buggy browsing yesterday and fell in love with the Cruz, seems to tick all our boxes at the moment, but it's very expensive and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of reviews or second hand ones online.

A little. I had a small paranoia moment this evening that there was something wrong with the babies. Not based on anything at all except my irrational head! Feeling better now again though. Do any of the rest of ye get that?

Can't help with the buggy question. I want a side by side double buggy, but it has to be narrow enough to fit in our front door, so the only thing I have been looking at is the size of double buggies!

Aww brokensoul, you poor thing. I had an awful day on Wednesday. I felt movement quite early and now i find iv a completely different set of worries. Wednesday it really got to me about the movement because it's different to when I first felt movement and as this is my first I don't know what's normal/normal and I got myself into a twist about it. Still worried, but calmed down a bit. Haven't felt any movement in the last day I think, but I was very busy yesterday. Iv got the anomoly scan and next GP appointment the same week, but there not for another 3 weeks.....

The worry is crazy isn't. How far along are you scarepanda? Try not to worry about movement yet. I remember on my first at the start the movement was definitely sporadic. You are right though it really does bring another set of worries, no matter how lovely it is to feel them fluttering about!
    It must be the week for worry because I'm in the same boat. I'm 17 weeks since yesterday and I can't help thinking I had started to feel a few flutters at this stage on my last pregnancy. I know every pregnancy is different and I am far more busy this time round but it's been niggling me since Tuesday. It's probably because my nausea has totally lifted in the mornings and my breast tenderness is more managble.

The worry is crazy isn't. How far along are you scarepanda? Try not to worry about movement yet. I remember on my first at the start the movement was definitely sporadic. You are right though it really does bring another set of worries, no matter how lovely it is to feel them fluttering about!
    It must be the week for worry because I'm in the same boat. I'm 17 weeks since yesterday and I can't help thinking I had started to feel a few flutters at this stage on my last pregnancy. I know every pregnancy is different and I am far more busy this time round but it's been niggling me since Tuesday. It's probably because my nausea has totally lifted in the mornings and my breast tenderness is more managble.

I know how you feel! I am 17 and a half and I am not certain what I am feeling if anything. The midwife said it takes longer in first pregnancies though and that lots of women dont feel anything until 20 weeks plus.

I keep rubbing my expanding tummy for reassurance!

I know how you feel! I am 17 and a half and I am not certain what I am feeling if anything. The midwife said it takes longer in first pregnancies though and that lots of women dont feel anything until 20 weeks plus.

I keep rubbing my expanding tummy for reassurance!

I remember someone telling me that the initial movements felt like butterfly kisses!!!! What the heck, no idea what A butterfly kiss was meant to feel like. It is still so early for us.
    With my son the very first movements were felt in the evening. When id get home in the eve is go for a rest. Three eves in a row when I was lying on my side I felt the same type of pop. This time round there's no time for an evening nap!
    Is your bump coming along nicely brokensoul?

I remember someone telling me that the initial movements felt like butterfly kisses!!!! What the heck, no idea what A butterfly kiss was meant to feel like. It is still so early for us.
    With my son the very first movements were felt in the evening. When id get home in the eve is go for a rest. Three eves in a row when I was lying on my side I felt the same type of pop. This time round there's no time for an evening nap!
    Is your bump coming along nicely brokensoul?

This week is the first week that it feels substantially different to just being fat!

How is yours?

I'm 19+2, but I felt movement at 16 weeks. It certainly is lovely to feel it, but I kinda wish at the moment that I hadn't felt anything so early, especially as this is my first.
    Pretty much everything iv read has used either butterfly's or pop corn as the discription as to how it felt. I came across one discription which described it like feeling a wet fish was slithering along your insides which I couldn't understand and kinda creeped me out a bit, but it's exactly how I'd describe the feeling. It made complete sense once id felt movement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Mammyspest22

Hay guys. been watching the thread for a while so decided to join in.
    Im due on the 20th of August with my first. Excited but nervous.

This week is the first week that it feels substantially different to just being fat!

How is yours?

Yes I'm the same, starting to notice more of a little bump as opposed to a thick waist!

I'm 19+2, but I felt movement at 16 weeks. It certainly is lovely to feel it, but I kinda wish at the moment that I hadn't felt anything so early, especially as this is my first.
    Pretty much everything iv read has used either butterfly's or pop corn as the discription as to how it felt. I came across one discription which described it like feeling a wet fish was slithering along your insides which I couldn't understand and kinda creeped me out a bit, but it's exactly how I'd describe the feeling. It made complete sense once id felt movement.

Never heard the of the wet fish! If your still worried after the weekend why don't you give your GP or maternity unit a call for reassurance. Might put your mind at rest.

Hay guys. been watching the thread for a while so decided to join in.
    Im due on the 20th of August with my first. Excited but nervous.

Welcome welcome. First time for me too! My due date is the 21st of August, but expecting twins so won't make it that far.

Ladies,

I'm heading up to Dublin airport tomorrow. Which is better for maternity wear, Blanchardstown or Dundrum? I'm going to be calling into mamas and papas while I'm up that far to have a look at their Sola buggy, so I'll drop into which ever is generally better for clothes as well.

Are there any shops in particular ye would recommend? Looking for dressy tops. We've some confirmations and communions coming up so I'm looking for dressy/casual type clothes that will do the job.

Cheers!

Ladies,

I'm heading up to Dublin airport tomorrow. Which is better for maternity wear, Blanchardstown or Dundrum? I'm going to be calling into mamas and papas while I'm up that far to have a look at their Sola buggy, so I'll drop into which ever is generally better for clothes as well.

Are there any shops in particular ye would recommend? Looking for dressy tops. We've some confirmations and communions coming up so I'm looking for dressy/casual type clothes that will do the job.

Cheers!

Can't help scarepanda, not based in Dublin but enjoy the shopping trip!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Twinkle29

Hello ladies,

Welcome scarepanda and Mammyspest22; great to have some more of us join in the conversation. To put me in to context, I am 20 +1 weeks now with my first baby, due the 6th August and going to Holles St.

I've been away from this for a while and so much to catchup on!!

So first, movement....
    I have felt lots of movement since week 19 and to me it feels like someone flicking my skin from the inside. Wetfish/butterflies are not analogies I can relate to at all!!! At first it felt like bubbles bursting but then got a little stronger than that. I mostly get it in the evening time too when I have sat down for a while. I read that all your moving around during the day rocks the baby to sleep but when you chill out for a while, they jump in to action.

Feeling worried...
    I have my days of worrying about daft things but I actually did have a scare (some bleeding) a week ago and ended up in Holles St so another scan and internal exam put my mind at rest. I also had a doctors appointment where I heard the heart beat for the first time so i am trying to keep those positive signals in my head when the worries creep in.

Maternity clothes...
    Scarepanda, I am based in Wicklow but close to Dundrum and I can tell that it isn't great really. Apparently H&M have a great maternity section but I haven't bought anything from there yet. Other than Mamas and Papas, there isn't much else there. Maybe M&S might have something. You might do better in Blanch, plus that is much closer to the airport for you. Dundrum is a bit of a trek.

The bump...
    Ladies, I am actually paranoid at this stage. I feel absolutely huge!!!!! I have a full on fat bump and waste and struggle to get my jeans over my thighs!! Clearly I have ignored all advice about not eating for two!!

Buggies...
    I went in to Mothercare for the first time yesterday and it was like visiting Nasa! I didn't have a clue about the varieties and options so I just left again. I have my 22 week anomaly scan on 30th March so if all goes ok with that, I will start thinking about it properly. So all recommendations on your purchases greatly appreciated :-)

Question...
    Has anyone else have sore ribs? Right under the bust line I have pain, especially if I cough or sneeze. I did have a horrible flu for a week so perhaps it was from coughing through that. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cocobuzz

Hi Ladies

I am new to boards- 20 weeks pregnant with my first baba & am due August 8th! Attending the Rotunda & have my anomaly scan on Thursday!

Twinkle 29- I am having exactly the same problem with my ribs on the right side at the front & back, particularly after eating....I'm guessing its just everything finding its place and trying to make room but it can be very sharp and debilitating at times. If its any consolation, I have heard of a lot of people with similar symptoms! I too had a bad cold & cough a few weeks ago and was blaming that for it but now as my belly is ever expanding I'm pretty sure its just a space related issue :-)

ASOS has a pretty big maternity selection & I got some lovely casual tops in H&M. H & M on College Green has a great selection but the one in Dundrum is fairly poor. I bought one pair of jeans from Topshop maternity range which are super comfy also! Happy shopping ladies!

Welcome Cocobuzz!

No rib pain for me, but still struggling with round ligament pain from time to time. It mainly seems to come at me at night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Twinkle29

Welcome Cocobuzz. Looks like we could end up sharing a due date...Holles St says mine is the 6th August, my doctor says the 8th! Best of luck with the anomaly scan on Thursday...that will be so exciting. Will you find out it you are having a boy or a girl??

Relieved to hear I am not the only one with the rib pain. Hopefully it eases as things find their place then. It's not debilitating or anything, just a bit annoying.

I guess we'll all have various aches and pains for the next few months

Advertisement