Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2016 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Hey ladies and hello to new people!

Thanks for the advice about Dundrum/Blanchardstown. I ended up taking a trip to both, but didn't go clothes shopping in the end! I was collecting OHs sister from airport and her flight was delayed due to the strikes in France. So I just went up whenever and took a trip to Dundrum first, collected her and then dropped into Blanchardstown to show her the buggies coz everytime I go to have a look at a buggy the options change! Really starting to get annoyed at this stage, mainly because front runner for me is still the uppababy Cruz, but it's so bloody expensive and in the short term we'll be slightly tight on money, so trying to do everything on the cheap. I'm just getting frustrated really!

We're looking for a single buggy, we live in country so apparently we need the bigger wheels, want something that's light but sturdy, have two medium sized dogs and will always have at least one walking with me and buggy and we're trying to decide whether to get carrycot for over night sleeping. The sola2 was recommended to us, but i just didn't like the feel of it, i liked the beeptwist, but dont know if it's suitable for country use, liked some things about the coupla, both in baby elegance and if course the uppababy Cruz! Need to go back and have another look at the Icandy's, they were originally a front runner. Decisions decisions decisions!

I still don't have any bump to note. Was in dentist earlier on and the dentist and dental nurse's were very surprised that I was pregnant let alone nearly 5 months!

I did have a little melt down in Saturday night, was supposed to be going out and thought I'd a few normal tops that are loose around the belly.... Well only one fitted around the belly, but I got caught with my boobs. It really got to me because I don't think I look pregnant, really can't wait till the belly looks like a baby belly!

Anyways that's my moan for the day! I really hope everyone is feeling good and has a great day ;-)!!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Twinkle29

scarepanda...the complexity of the buggy and carrycot shopping sounds overwhelming!! I am not looking forward to digging in to that.

In relation to your meltdown, if it is any consolation I am extremely jealous that you don't have a bump. My friend sent me a pic of herself at 21 weeks when I was 16 weeks...I was even at that stage three times the size she was! My fear of having a bump the size I do at 20 weeks is what feckin size will I be near the end!! So enjoy all the 'wow...can't believe you are nearly five months'. The alternative is what I get when I tell people which is 'oh now that you say it, it is totally obvious...no hiding that really, is there' :-(

Twinkle29 wrote: »
    scarepanda...the complexity of the buggy and carrycot shopping sounds overwhelming!! I am not looking forward to digging in to that.

In relation to your meltdown, if it is any consolation I am extremely jealous that you don't have a bump. My friend sent me a pic of herself at 21 weeks when I was 16 weeks...I was even at that stage three times the size she was! My fear of having a bump the size I do at 20 weeks is what feckin size will I be near the end!! So enjoy all the 'wow...can't believe you are nearly five months'. The alternative is what I get when I tell people which is 'oh now that you say it, it is totally obvious...no hiding that really, is there' :-(

Ya, I dunno what to choose. My biggest problem is that the one I like the most is the most expensive one and we can't find it second hand online. So while i know what one i want, it's not necessarily the one we'll be getting. Will have to bring himself with me next time to get his opinion on the beep twist!! Were not buying a moses basket, but think we'll have the lend of one. So trying to decide if the cost of the carrycot is worth it. But it comes as a package with the beep twist.

Haha, aren't we awful! Not happy without a bump and not happy with it!!! To be honest I'll just be a bit anxious until we have the anomoly scan. Was hoping to have it in the next week, but it's this day three weeks instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

Welcome to the newcomers! How is everyone doing?

All good with me at the moment thankfully, definitely have a lot more energy which is great. I had my first midwives appointment this morning and all is good. Heard the heartbeat again which was so lovely. I also started feeling little bits of movement the last few days and its increasing. 18 weeks tomorrow, the time is flying by.

Travel systems and buggies are so mind boggling aren't they! Scarepanda i never heard of the uppababy cruz so i googled it. Lovely buggy. Very similar to the vista, yes? Maybe there would be a better chance of getting the vista second hand as they are really popular. Going on my research from last time I wouldn't rate the beeptwist especially for country living, obviously just my opinion though!! While we have most of the stuff we need from last time we did sell our travel system as I didn't like it. In one way im kicking myself and in another way im excited to get to do the buggy shopping again!

Can't wait for the few days off at Easter, could get used to these really short working weeks! I got my little boy his first Easter egg:D I am a mean mom and have deprived him of chocolate until now so I think almost three is an ok time to try the good stuff!!! Obviously i will have to help him out too:p

cant26 wrote: »
    Welcome to the newcomers! How is everyone doing?

All good with me at the moment thankfully, definitely have a lot more energy which is great. I had my first midwives appointment this morning and all is good. Heard the heartbeat again which was so lovely. I also started feeling little bits of movement the last few days and its increasing. 18 weeks tomorrow, the time is flying by.

Travel systems and buggies are so mind boggling aren't they! Scarepanda i never heard of the uppababy cruz so i googled it. Lovely buggy. Very similar to the vista, yes? Maybe there would be a better chance of getting the vista second hand as they are really popular. Going on my research from last time I wouldn't rate the beeptwist especially for country living, obviously just my opinion though!! While we have most of the stuff we need from last time we did sell our travel system as I didn't like it. In one way im kicking myself and in another way im excited to get to do the buggy shopping again!

Can't wait for the few days off at Easter, could get used to these really short working weeks! I got my little boy his first Easter egg:D I am a mean mom and have deprived him of chocolate until now so I think almost three is an ok time to try the good stuff!!! Obviously i will have to help him out too:p

Hey cant26!!

Isn't it the best thing when you can hear the baby's HB! I can't wait to hear it again!

Ya we think the Cruz is a new model out in Ireland. It's the single version of the vista, takes the same buggy seat and carrycot as the vista etc. Ya, that might be an option second hand, but we were hoping to go with the single mainly because it's a decent bit lighter than the double, which the vista is.
    Ya, that is one of my concerns over the beep twist alright. Wheels are small enough. The coupla seems to be the double version to the twist, but it's awful tight for the child in the back and there's no point getting a double if you think already that you wouldn't use it as such.
    Unfortunately for me the uppababy Cruz seems to tick all the boxes except price!

Man, how did you make to keep him away from chocolate for that long? I'd love to be able to do that, but highly unlikely as iv such a sweet tooth!

What items are essential for when baby arrives? We live in a bungalow in the country, if that makes any difference!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

scarepanda wrote: »
    Ya, I dunno what to choose. My biggest problem is that the one I like the most is the most expensive one and we can't find it second hand online. So while i know what one i want, it's not necessarily the one we'll be getting. Will have to bring himself with me next time to get his opinion on the beep twist!! Were not buying a moses basket, but think we'll have the lend of one. So trying to decide if the cost of the carrycot is worth it. But it comes as a package with the beep twist.

Haha, aren't we awful! Not happy without a bump and not happy with it!!! To be honest I'll just be a bit anxious until we have the anomoly scan. Was hoping to have it in the next week, but it's this day three weeks instead.

we had the beep for our 4 year old and are having no2 in April. we ended up buying a new travel system as the wheels on the beep weren't really good on country roads they didn't hold up to well. while it's good if we had just spend the extra on no 1 we would probably have it for no2. we bought the venicci travel system it has proper wheels with air tyres which should be great for the country roads . if your gonna be in towns with good foot paths the beep twist would be grand . I would advise if you can stretch to the more expensive it would probably pay in the long run . anyways if you keep it in good condition you could probably sell it on when you no longer need it. on the carrycot our 1st slept in it for the 1st 5 weeks so we're planning in this as well for no2 the moses basket creaked and kept waking him up

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Georgeee

we had the beep for our 4 year old and are having no2 in April. we ended up buying a new travel system as the wheels on the beep weren't really good on country roads they didn't hold up to well. while it's good if we had just spend the extra on no 1 we would probably have it for no2. we bought the venicci travel system it has proper wheels with air tyres which should be great for the country roads . if your gonna be in towns with good foot paths the beep twist would be grand . I would advise if you can stretch to the more expensive it would probably pay in the long run . anyways if you keep it in good condition you could probably sell it on when you no longer need it. on the carrycot our 1st slept in it for the 1st 5 weeks so we're planning in this as well for no2 the moses basket creaked and kept waking him up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Miss Merry Berry

I'm ditching the Moses basket this time and I'm just gonna buy a Chicco cot that I like.. I reckon I should get 6 months out of it, hopefully. I still have my Bugaboo for number 2. I walk every day on bumpy country roads and there's barely a scratch on it and it's still in warranty. I'm hoping I might get another baby out of it, all going well :P. Big Scan on Friday, I can't wait! Gonna find out the gender but we're keeping it secret as my partner's family don't want to know :)

Hey ladies!

We've seen both the bugaboo and vennici in the shops, but for some reason haven't really looked at them much. Think it may be because we're looking for an over night sleep approved carrycot if we get a carrycot, but not sure. I know the local shop have displays of both, so will have another look at them when I'm in there next.

Thanks for the advice georgeee about the twist. Had a feeling that's how it would be.

Hey cant26!!

Isn't it the best thing when you can hear the baby's HB! I can't wait to hear it again!

Ya we think the Cruz is a new model out in Ireland. It's the single version of the vista, takes the same buggy seat and carrycot as the vista etc. Ya, that might be an option second hand, but we were hoping to go with the single mainly because it's a decent bit lighter than the double, which the vista is.
    Ya, that is one of my concerns over the beep twist alright. Wheels are small enough. The coupla seems to be the double version to the twist, but it's awful tight for the child in the back and there's no point getting a double if you think already that you wouldn't use it as such.
    Unfortunately for me the uppababy Cruz seems to tick all the boxes except price!

Man, how did you make to keep him away from chocolate for that long? I'd love to be able to do that, but highly unlikely as iv such a sweet tooth!

What items are essential for when baby arrives? We live in a bungalow in the country, if that makes any difference!

Yes the HB is great and it was so strong and clear. She listened for ages too. Lovely as when I heard it at the GP her battery was going so it took forever to find it and when she finally found it she only listened for a second.

Oh i didn't realise the Vista was a double.Have only seen it in single mode. Lovely buggy and anyone I know who has it rave about it.

Haha re the chocolate! I have the sweetest tooth too, it's actually ridiculous but I just feel with my boy that he will be long enough eating crap I'll try my best to limit the sugar as best I can. Also my OH's parents are the best in the world but if they thought they could give him chocolate there would be no going back! I suppose at this stage though a little of everything is ok!

Being honest there is very little that is essential at the start. I didn't realise that on my first and ended up with so much stuff that was never used and ended up gathering dust. I'd agree with Merry berry on the Moses basket. We got the most beautiful one and my son only lasted three weeks in it as he was so long. We will use it again this time to get some use out of it but if I had sold it I wouldn't buy one again. Straight into the cot!

Depending on how you plan to feed will determine whether you need bottles and a sterilizer. I didn't breastfeed my son but I'm really hopeful that this time I will be more successful! A good car seat to take the baby home is pretty essential. I think after clothes and blankets a lot of stuff can be picked up as you feel you need them. That way you won't end up with soothers and a soother steriliser when your baby doesn't take one!

• Advertisement

Yes the HB is great and it was so strong and clear. She listened for ages too. Lovely as when I heard it at the GP her battery was going so it took forever to find it and when she finally found it she only listened for a second.

Oh i didn't realise the Vista was a double.Have only seen it in single mode. Lovely buggy and anyone I know who has it rave about it.

Haha re the chocolate! I have the sweetest tooth too, it's actually ridiculous but I just feel with my boy that he will be long enough eating crap I'll try my best to limit the sugar as best I can. Also my OH's parents are the best in the world but if they thought they could give him chocolate there would be no going back! I suppose at this stage though a little of everything is ok!

Being honest there is very little that is essential at the start. I didn't realise that on my first and ended up with so much stuff that was never used and ended up gathering dust. I'd agree with Merry berry on the Moses basket. We got the most beautiful one and my son only lasted three weeks in it as he was so long. We will use it again this time to get some use out of it but if I had sold it I wouldn't buy one again. Straight into the cot!

Depending on how you plan to feed will determine whether you need bottles and a sterilizer. I didn't breastfeed my son but I'm really hopeful that this time I will be more successful! A good car seat to take the baby home is pretty essential. I think after clothes and blankets a lot of stuff can be picked up as you feel you need them. That way you won't end up with soothers and a soother steriliser when your baby doesn't take one!

Ye, the vista is one of those ones that can be converted to a double, similar to the icandy apple 2 peach or peach. The main difference to the Cruz is that it's a little heavier to allow for the extra weight it is designed to carry.

Every one is telling me that the cot will be to big for a newborn to go into.... Think we'll be getting a lend of a moses basket hopefully, so can decide at the time I suppose.

I'm planning on breastfeeding, but getting a lend of some newborn bottles and a steriliser from a friend just incase I can't for whatever reason.

Money is a bit tight until just before the baby arrives, so really don't want to be falling into new parent traps thinking we need stuff that we don't!

Ye, the vista is one of those ones that can be converted to a double, similar to the icandy apple 2 peach or peach. The main difference to the Cruz is that it's a little heavier to allow for the extra weight it is designed to carry.

Every one is telling me that the cot will be to big for a newborn to go into.... Think we'll be getting a lend of a moses basket hopefully, so can decide at the time I suppose.

I'm planning on breastfeeding, but getting a lend of some newborn bottles and a steriliser from a friend just incase I can't for whatever reason.

Money is a bit tight until just before the baby arrives, so really don't want to be falling into new parent traps thinking we need stuff that we don't!

I was just on the Eurobaby website (slow day at the office:D) and while I don't know what the cost of the Cruz is one of the buggys I am interested in is €250 cheaper than in Belababy. Maybe check it out.

Like everything with pregnancy and child rearing you will get differing opinions on practically every aspect. I also thought the cot would be too big but then at three weeks we didn't have an option! He looked so tiny in his grobag in the big cot but ultimately he slept better and then there was no transitioning from the moses basket to the cot at a later stage. My friend had an awful time when her girl outgrew the moses basket. She didn't like change!!
    Great that you may have the loan of a basket. I was the first of my friends to have a baby so no option to borrow. This time though one of my friends is lending me her slings amongst other things. Delighted!

If we have another boy I will have all the clothes and if it's a girl she will be sleeping in blue grobags and blue babygrows!!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Hello ladies, hope ye are all well!

My anomaly scan is confirmed for next Tuesday morning. Wavering between being thrilled at the thought of finding out gender etc and terrified that we will get bad news.

Found this week long. Combination of tiredness and hip pain. So looking forward to taking it easy for the weekend. Also, I have been off sweet things for lent so am soooooo looking forward to making a pig of myself on chocolate ;-)

Well ladies!

Happy Easter to everyone! And for those like brokensoul that have been brave enough to stay away from sweet stuff, fair play and enjoy Sunday!

I can honestly say that today is the first day that iv been thinking that I look even slightly pregnant, certainly felt it at least when I was getting ready to go out. Was starting to fill a top I didn't remotely fill only a couple of weeks ago, and went up a belt notch in the last couple of days!

I'm the same brokensoul, part of me is looking forward to the anomoly scan and then the other isn't incase something isn't right. My Mam hasn't helped either though as she's adamant that we shouldn't buy anything for baby before it arrives like nappies, basic clothes etc incase something goes wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 FlowerPower1

Happy Easter to everyone too! I'm enjoying the extra rest. I'm 21+2 and we found out that we're having a boy. I had convinced myself that we were having a girl but I saw straight away on the screen that he had all the anatomy of a boy! I'm so excited of the idea of a brother for my little girl now but I had told my partner that if we had a boy that we would try for another girl down the line. Anyway just going to deal with this pregnancy first but so far he has been treating me well. At least I can get on with buying a few things now knowing he is healthy and well :)

I hope everyone had a nice Easter and indulged in some lovely treats. Seriously good going to stay off the chocolate brokensoul. I can honestly say I don't think I've ever gone longer than a week without it!

Will be thinking of you on Tuesday for your scan. It's such a mix of emotions. Full of excitement and fear. I feel the exact same. Will you find out the genders?

Congrats on your boy FlowerPower1. I can't wait for my scan but it's not for another three weeks. Hopefully all will be ok and then we can find out the gender. We will be keeping it to ourselves too. A secret between the two of us!! I go between thinking it's another boy to then convincing myself it's a girl. I really have no preference at all just praying for a healthy baby.

Very busy here, apart from the usual I'm up to my eyes organising a hen for two weeks time. It's on a farm though and was just told yesterday that pregnant women should not be in any contact with sheep during lambing season so have to get on to them to see if it's safe or not. I think they take precautions for pregnant women but still a bit aghhh about it!!

Also I defo have gotten a bump in the last three days. A bit freaked out by its size! After today I am curbing my sweet tooth as I really don't want to be going down the GD road.

How's everyone else doing?

I hope everyone had a nice Easter and indulged in some lovely treats. Seriously good going to stay off the chocolate brokensoul. I can honestly say I don't think I've ever gone longer than a week without it!

Will be thinking of you on Tuesday for your scan. It's such a mix of emotions. Full of excitement and fear. I feel the exact same. Will you find out the genders?

Congrats on your boy FlowerPower1. I can't wait for my scan but it's not for another three weeks. Hopefully all will be ok and then we can find out the gender. We will be keeping it to ourselves too. A secret between the two of us!! I go between thinking it's another boy to then convincing myself it's a girl. I really have no preference at all just praying for a healthy baby.

Very busy here, apart from the usual I'm up to my eyes organising a hen for two weeks time. It's on a farm though and was just told yesterday that pregnant women should not be in any contact with sheep during lambing season so have to get on to them to see if it's safe or not. I think they take precautions for pregnant women but still a bit aghhh about it!!

Also I defo have gotten a bump in the last three days. A bit freaked out by its size! After today I am curbing my sweet tooth as I really don't want to be going down the GD road.

How's everyone else doing?

Hey,

did the complete dog on it chocolate wise yesterday and today and am now freaking out that I will developed gestational diabetes!

All going well we will find out the genders tomorrow - like you though, not going to tell family or friends though. I would prefer it to be a surprise for them. I am kinda hoping for one of each, but to be honest once they are healthy I will take anything!

Proper scared now. I am my own worst enemy with scans though, I always think they will go wrong. I had the horrible experience of a missed miscarriage being diagnosed at a scan though so I think that has scarred me.

Just back from scan. There was a locum in for my consultant so she scanned but didn't do the anomaly scan as he prefers to do them himself apparently! Back in 2 weeks for that.

Both babas doing well though, weighing 9oz each and measuring as they should. Lovely to hear their heartbeats again.

I am doing grand as well. Blood pressure of 130/85 which is slightly elevated but they didn't seem concerned about it.

Exhausted now, heading back to bed I think!

Oh, and we are having one little boy and one shy baby! As far as they could tell, it is more likely a girl than a boy but they couldn't be certain.

Good morning all,

Scarepanda, best of luck this morning. Hope it all goes well and its a lovely experience. Mine is tomorrow evening and I am the exact same...excited and nervous all in one. Fingers crossed all of us get good results ;-)

I am officially wearing my maternity clothes. They are still big on me but my bump is huge. I must have gone overboard compared to all of you non-bump-showers. That will make for lots of fun after the birth!!

Great news that your scan went well and congrats on your boy! I'm sure your shy baby will be less shy next time:D

Good luck tomorrow Twinkle!

I'd say I have another two weeks out of my current work clothes. Except my dresses. All bar one has been made redundant due to now being too short! Was passing Athlone on Saturday so popped into Zara and H&M. Talk about being disappointed! H&M's maternity range was awful! It's as if all pregnant women must wear stripey dowdy tops and baggy pants! Think ill just get stuff in the next size or two up from now on. Bump is defo getting bigger though and the movement is much stronger which is lovely.

Back to work today after the break and I'm exhausted. Was awake half the night with my mind racing! i hate when that happens. Splitting headache all day, cannot wait to be finished and get home! Good i'm such a moaner today!

• Advertisement

Great news that your scan went well and congrats on your boy! I'm sure your shy baby will be less shy next time:D

Good luck tomorrow Twinkle!

I'd say I have another two weeks out of my current work clothes. Except my dresses. All bar one has been made redundant due to now being too short! Was passing Athlone on Saturday so popped into Zara and H&M. Talk about being disappointed! H&M's maternity range was awful! It's as if all pregnant women must wear stripey dowdy tops and baggy pants! Think ill just get stuff in the next size or two up from now on. Bump is defo getting bigger though and the movement is much stronger which is lovely.

Back to work today after the break and I'm exhausted. Was awake half the night with my mind racing! i hate when that happens. Splitting headache all day, cannot wait to be finished and get home! Good i'm such a moaner today!

I packed all of my lovely clothes into storage boxes at the weekend and put them in the attic - best not to be looking at them for the next few months!

I now have what could called a capsule wardrobe. 3 maxi dresses, 2 long skirts, 3 knee length dresses, 3 pairs of trousers and a few tops and jumpers. That is all that is left that will go on me.

brokensoul wrote: »
    Just back from scan. There was a locum in for my consultant so she scanned but didn't do the anomaly scan as he prefers to do them himself apparently! Back in 2 weeks for that.

Both babas doing well though, weighing 9oz each and measuring as they should. Lovely to hear their heartbeats again.

I am doing grand as well. Blood pressure of 130/85 which is slightly elevated but they didn't seem concerned about it.

Exhausted now, heading back to bed I think!

Oh, and we are having one little boy and one shy baby! As far as they could tell, it is more likely a girl than a boy but they couldn't be certain.

Amazing news for you! Congrats on your boy and company. My boy news has really sunk in with me and I'm so giddy. I need to calm myself down, still a long way to go. I'm loving all the cute dinaosaur/tractor/crocodile etc themed clothes you can get. My partner wants to dress him like a surfer dude, sponsored by Billabong! So happy for you.

Hello all,

Had my scan yesterday evening and thankfully everything looked ok :-) So so relieved. We were both tempted to find out the gender but stuck to our guns and said no.

For anyone who hasn't had their scan yet, it is so amazing! The detail that you see is just incredible. I am on cloud 9 today after it. Can't stop looking at the pictures.

Right, that's my boasting over with for now!

Hey everyone!

I'm delighted for all of ye that's had their scans already, love hearing about them! We've to wait till the 12th for ours! I'm terrified and excited at the same time! I just want to know that everything is OK with the little mite :-)!

How's everything feeling? I can't believe that tomorrow is April.... Where is the time going!

Hey everyone!

I'm delighted for all of ye that's had their scans already, love hearing about them! We've to wait till the 12th for ours! I'm terrified and excited at the same time! I just want to know that everything is OK with the little mite :-)!

How's everything feeling? I can't believe that tomorrow is April.... Where is the time going!

I feel great at the minute, the Easter break has been lovely. I have been out walking loads and this has really helped me. I really want to be going into labour feeling fit. The wait is hard before the scan but I'm sure everything is going great but the reassurance is nice.

The wait is hard for sure scarepanda (I'm 22 weeks today so mine was later than usual too) but it was so worth it to see how developed he/she is at this stage. You won't find the next two weeks fly by now. In the meantime, pencil in some nice things to do to keep you busy.

I am feeling pretty good at the minute too. Back is a little achy and weirdly I got a nose bleed in work just now!!!! Apparently that is normal but still feckin horrible, especially in work. But other than that, great :-)

Good on you with the walking FlowerPower; I've been trying to get in to a routine of it which will hopefully get easier now the evenings are longer.

I know. I think what's making it worse for me at the moment is that I had thought we'd have had scan last week, but the lady said we would be better off to wait until 21/22 weeks for more detail on heart. Now it means that ill have Drs appt and scan within a few days of each other, I was trying to space everything out a little bit so that I wouldn't have to wait to long between appts. But sure that's life :-)!!!

The weather's been great lately, we've got so much done around the house over Easter! The winter was very hard on the back garden because we have dogs, so it needs a lot of TLC at the moment!

Lovely to hear your scan went well Twinkle. Like you Scarepanda I have to wait another while. My scan isn't until the 15th. The closer it's getting the more thought I'm giving it and the more worried I am getting!

I'm finding this week tough going. I'm not sleeping well and am crippled with headaches which peak in the afternoons. Have cut my caffeine intake right down so maybe that's the reason.

Got good news in work yesterday and have been offered another long contract. Delighted and relieved is an understatement. We had a chat also about getting in a replacement to cover my maternity leave and for some reason I felt a bit threatened! I'm putting that down to crazy pregnant lady hormones:o

Fair play with the walking flower power. Once I have my friends hen over next week I will have time in the evenings so want to sign up for a class of some sort. Have any of ye heard of the bump room? It's meant to be good and a bit more active than yoga. Really just want to get in the habit of getting out in the evenings. Feel like a bit of a hermit since I found out i was pregnant!!

Lovely to hear your scan went well Twinkle. Like you Scarepanda I have to wait another while. My scan isn't until the 15th. The closer it's getting the more thought I'm giving it and the more worried I am getting!

I'm finding this week tough going. I'm not sleeping well and am crippled with headaches which peak in the afternoons. Have cut my caffeine intake right down so maybe that's the reason.

Got good news in work yesterday and have been offered another long contract. Delighted and relieved is an understatement. We had a chat also about getting in a replacement to cover my maternity leave and for some reason I felt a bit threatened! I'm putting that down to crazy pregnant lady hormones:o

Fair play with the walking flower power. Once I have my friends hen over next week I will have time in the evenings so want to sign up for a class of some sort. Have any of ye heard of the bump room? It's meant to be good and a bit more active than yoga. Really just want to get in the habit of getting out in the evenings. Feel like a bit of a hermit since I found out i was pregnant!!

I'm the same cant26, I'm trying not to think about it to be honest. Although a few people have mentioned to me that it must be coming up soon which just brings it back into my mind again!

Congrats on the contract extension, at least that's one thing off your mind that you don't need to worry about anymore at least!

I'm not sleeping well either at the moment, just feel like what little sleep I get is very restless. There's been a few times lately that I'll wake up but it almost feels like i was in a trance rather than being asleep... It's very weird. My backs also niggling at me as well!

On a good note though, I finally think I have a baby bump rather than just flab! It's still small, but there none the less! I ordered some clothes from asos over the weekend and they arrived today. Was surprised when I tried them on that I didn't like what I was sure I would like and vica versa liked the things I wasn't so sure on. I got a bodycon style dress ( I never wear bodycon type stuff) and I think I love it! I think the bump needs to grow into it a bit better, but when that happens I think it will look good on me! We have a load of family confirmations and communions coming up and two weddings before baby arrives, so need to invest in some good wear!

• Advertisement

Hi Ladies,

Quick question for you...are any of you getting nose bleeds? I've had three since yesterday morning! From googling it, this is normal but wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.

Advertisement