Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2016 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

scarepanda wrote: »
    Hi cant26!

How did your little one react with the news?

I was like a rat yesterday. Don't really know why, was just really irritable. Luckily I wasn't chatting to anyone, and the 'builders' outside didn't come near me. Their doing my head in! And then my back started acting up last night. I just gave up and was tucked up in bed asleep by 10!!!

I'm lying on the couch at the moment doing some computer stuff with the two dogs sound asleep around me..... It's all good at the moment anyways!

He took it ok scarepanda. He wanted to see the baby right now and was trying to get under my top to see my tummy! We are lucky in that his two cousins, one older and one younger are both going to be big brothers & sisters for the first time before my guy so think that will help also.

Hope your back is ok now, it can be such a dose. You reminded me that I suffered terribly with sciatica from week 18-20 on my first pregnancy. Touch wood im ok this time.

Weather is fab here in the West today. I broke out my first maternity top for work today!It's all downhill from here:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Just popping over from the November Board to say that I got the Aldi thermometer for my first child in 2013 and it's still going strong, would highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Aww thats so cute cant26!!!!

Ah my backs grand. It's dodgy at the best of times, but is acting up every now and again since I started sleeping on my sides. I'm usually a front sleeper, but finding that lying on my back is the most comfortable :-/!

Weather was fantastic here as well. Hopefully it stays like this for a while. We've got a mountain of outside work to be done now. And I'll be shot if I go near any of the stuff on my own, himself and the two granddad's are forever telling me to not do this, not do that, be careful etc ;-)!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Twinkle29

Anyone else go mad shopping in Aldi this morning??? I asked my Mum to go for me (there is no Aldi near my work) and she bought a shed load of stuff for us...blankets, vests, towels, babygrows, thermometer! She said the quality is lovely too. So if you are passing today, might be worth your while popping in.

Scarepanda, I am having fun with the sleeping on my side too! I got one of those pregnancy pillows which definitely helped but still not great.

Is anyone else having ridiculous shooting ligament pains with certain movements?? I turned quickly in bed the other night and actually woke myself howling with the pain. It also happened when I was swimming the other day. It feels like you have torn something around the bump...horrendous.

Twinkle,
    I was in Aldi this morning and got blankets, towels, muslin cloths, cot tidies, bouncer and travel cot and thermometer. Need to investigate them this evening! They seem good though. I didn't look at any of the clothes. It was a bit mad, so just picked up those few bits and pieces.

I have one of those pillows. My back was broken at the very beginning and the pillow was fantastic. It's only in the last week or so that it's got bad again. I had one of those microwavable hot water bottles on my back last night and it seemed to help a bit.

I'm wrecked at the moment though!

• Advertisement

scarepanda wrote: »
    Twinkle,
    I was in Aldi this morning and got blankets, towels, muslin cloths, cot tidies, bouncer and travel cot and thermometer. Need to investigate them this evening! They seem good though. I didn't look at any of the clothes. It was a bit mad, so just picked up those few bits and pieces.

I have one of those pillows. My back was broken at the very beginning and the pillow was fantastic. It's only in the last week or so that it's got bad again. I had one of those microwavable hot water bottles on my back last night and it seemed to help a bit.

I'm wrecked at the moment though!

Great stuff! It sounds like you did a similar sweep to my Mum. Great to be feeling a bit more organised with each little purchase like this.

I wonder would swimming help your back? I am trying to get in to it to avoid back pain later. Everyone seems to swear by it.

I am actually quite tired the last few days. I was great up to that.

Twinkle29 wrote: »
    Great stuff! It sounds like you did a similar sweep to my Mum. Great to be feeling a bit more organised with each little purchase like this.

I wonder would swimming help your back? I am trying to get in to it to avoid back pain later. Everyone seems to swear by it.

I am actually quite tired the last few days. I was great up to that.

Ya, iv been thinking of starting swimming, not that I can swim very well, but just being in the water might help. I hurt my back more yesterday by stooping for to long. It's still sore this morning...... Hopefully it loosens up during the day.

I'm very tired the last few days. Iv been noticing that I'm tiring alot quicker the last couple of weeks than normal.... And the belly is slowly but surely starting to get in the way when bending over :-)!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 okonomiyaki

Hi everyone, just joining you here. Im due at the end of August. Just had the anomaly scan on wed and all is good thankfully. I havent told my parents or in laws yet. Will have to this weekend as Im getting so big i cant hide it anymore. This is my second so keep forgetting im pg. Was in the rotunda first time and now the coombe, but i find they both have the same attitude and are just as rude. Has anyone done the Gentle birth course or is using the app? Has anyone started a birth plan? Hope everything going well for all of you!

Welcome okonomiyaki! Delighted everything has gone great for you so far!

I finally bought the buggy, went for the mama and papas sola 2. Ended up basically getting the car seat for free as that package had been reduced to the same price as the package without the case seat. Don't know of we'll use it as it doesn't have ISO fix, but least we have it if needed!

We have most of the bigger stuff got now, just the cot mattress to get that I can think of. Iv started getting a few nights and pieces for the hospital bag, mainly just picking up 1 or 2 bits when I'm in town, nothing to mad. It's scary to think that we've just over 15 weeks till babys due date! But I'm a lot more prepared with stuff than I thought I would be!

It's been very quite on here for the last few days, I hope everyone's doing good!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 elleg

That's a great deal scarepanda.

Welcome okonmiyaki. I love your name, reminds me fondly of trips to Japan. I love okonmiyaki!

Nothing really to report this time. Had my 24 week appointment on Thursday and all is looking good. I was away at a wedding at the weekend. Lovely day, but it feels very long when you're not drinking. Must get some of the newborn bits out of the attic and wash. I also need to buy a cheapo dark nightdress for the labour ward. I had a Pennys one last time that went straight in the bin. I had a look there recently and couldn't see anything.

• Advertisement

Ya, I'm happy with it anyways. It's a pity that the car seat isn't designed for isofix, but will use it as a spare in my OHs car or as a spare for grandparents, mainly mine as we live 2 minutes from them.

I got one in Penney's a few weeks ago, was looking on the July forum and someone there said that they were in at the time. I got a light dressing gown as well. Not sure if the night dress will fit me when the time comes, but we'll have to wait and see!

Iv the GTT next week, so starting a little 'diet' today.... Mainly just to eat regularly and no crap!

Hi all,

Welcome okonomiyaki. I cannot believe you have been able to hide your pregnancy to this point. I must be the tank of the group....there was absolutely no disguising if for me since about week 20! I have not even heard of the Gentle Birth course and no I haven't started a birth plan. I don't even know if I will....how can I plan for something that I have no idea what it is.

Scarepanda, isn't it great when you get the buggy sorted...it's like a weight lifted. I felt so much more on top of things with that sorted. Probably stupid question, but what is the GTT??

elleg, I was also at a wedding on Friday. And I too found it a long day. I lasted until about 12 o'clock and then decided to bail. Enjoyed it more than I thought without alcohol though.

I must pop start thinking of nightdress and things like that. Haven't gotten my head in to that stuff at all.

I have an appointment in Holles St on Thursday but I don't know what it is for. I must call them and find out. Looking forward to it though. I've had so much kicking and moving in the last few weeks it is SO reassuring.

Hi everyone! welcome yokonomikai!
    Great to hear you got the buggy sorted scarepanda, I still haven't gotten the chance to get to any of the baby shops to have a look at the ones i like. Hopefully in the next week or two.
    Sounds like a few of you got lots in the aldi baby event. I didn't manage to get in until Friday and by then the thermometers were all gone. There were lots of muslin cloths and lovely blankets left but think i will wait until i sort through the attic and see what i have already.
    I was at an event on Saturday night and didn't get home until nearly 3am so I feel yer pain ladies.So tired today at work. I am bridesmaid for a friend next month and I am so looking forward to hanging up my dancing shoes after that!
    Funny you should mention the nightdresses eleg, I actually wore the nightdress I was meant to give birth to my son in last night in bed:D I ended up giving birth in a string top when the time came!! Can't believe it's nearly time to start thinking about the hospital bag:eek: I have so much to do with the house that I'm starting to freak out!

Hi ladies!

Twinkle, GTT is the gestational tolerance test to test for gestational diabetes. Not looking forward to it at all.... Have to fast from 12 the night before and then down two bottles of lucozade at different intervals and get bloods taken in between..... I can't leave the out patient dept during the test either. OH wants to know if I need him to come with me but I don't know what to tell him....

It certainly is a relief to have to buggy sorted, can't wait for it to arrive now and get used to it. The lock mechanism when it's folded seems to be a little bit fiddly, but I was also a bit awkward in the shop, i reckon it'll be grand once I get the hang of it!

Other than buying the few bits and bobs iv buying done regarding the birth yet. Haven't started to think about birth plans etc. I'm hoping to wait till the antenatal classes to get some more information from the hospital, I hope. I'm a little afraid to start thinking about everything in to much detail coz I don't want to freak myself out. I'm the sort of person that panics at the unknown in that sort of situation, especially with the pain aspect.

Can't, were the same with things to be done around the house. Back garden is in a complete mess and unsecured for the dogs for the last two weeks. The LL finally agreed to remove all the evergreens, but the lawn is destroyed. Trying to get the shed organised as well and trying to do a spring clean in the house, but seem to be going around in circles at the moment.

Thanks everyone..
    yes elleg i think i was in japan when i started using boards. i lived there for 2 years.
    scarepanda does everyone get GTT tested?
    im actually signed up for neighbourhood midwives so hopefully wont see the coombe again if i can avoid it. its great having the midwife come to me.
    Twinkle29 i didnt make a plan on paper the first time around but on the day i wish i had. Its not quite a planbecause as you say who knows how labour will go but its a list of preferences that everyone who attends you can read... basically means you dont get asked a million questions and can focus on breathing!! i also found my midwife had her own preferences which she pushed and i wish i had it on paper as then its proof that you asked for it etc...and they cant say they didnt know. Delayed cord clamping is one for example, you can goggle it but its much better for the baby and i dont think its done as standard yet, i think you have to say you want it. Another one is the third stage - delivery of the placenta, i wanted a natural third stage, so no drugs to help deliver it unless there was a problem. My midwife was so annoying, she didnt want to as it takes slightly longer (although i was in the room for hours afterwards anyway) she started talking about maternal deaths and stuff and i just wanted to sit with my baby in peace without having to listen to that in my ear and instead of just telling her thats what i wanted and if she couldnt manage it to go get someone who could... i just told her to do what she wanted. lol. so i regret not having that in my notes, i could have stuffed them in her face and told her to read it again. Things like moving around the room until baby is about to be delivered, no monitor unless medically necessary.... if you google that too you can find out how unreliable the information they give is anyway so theres plently of reason not to wear it if you find it uncomfortable. Movement while having contractions is really important and i really wanted to get off the bed... but my midwife kept saying no you need to be there. but my labour slowed down because i couldnt move, i wasnt feeling like pushing, or that anything was happening down there at all. I found out later that there was no rule about having to be on the bed from the moment you get in the room - i was 8cm so i thought that was the reason, but turns out theres no rule, and if they pretend there is ask to see the policy in writing, so at least you have another 10 minutes while they go find it! and chances are they just want you on the bed for no good reason. There are plenty of preferences to add to your birth plan. its good to research it first so you know what things are called, like the drug names and why theyre used. At one stage they wanted to speed things up, and give me synthetic oxytocin, which i didnt want because it makes contractions more painful - who would want that! i just wanted to get off the bed! so my oh thankfully fought her - i had used gas and it made me a bit groggy and slow to respond to questions, so he asked for 20 more mins, then if we still needed it we would have it. So i remembered to ask to use the toilet, which allowed me off the bed, the second i got off the babys head started coming, so she was born before the 20 mins was even up.
    I am a bridesmaid in june too. not looking forward to the shoes but otherwise it should be fun.
    ive got nothing ready, nothing bought at all, but we have lots from number 1 and actually got most of it as hand me downs. and my house is a tip too so i think i will concentrate on that.
    i told everyone last night, of course they said they knew, as i hadnt been drinking... who looks into that? no one wants to wake up to a toddler with a hangover. lol.

No I don't think so. I don't meet any of the criteria for testing, and from chatting to my GP it seems to be standard in the hospital that I'm going to, but not standard throughout the country.

Thanks everyone..
    yes elleg i think i was in japan when i started using boards. i lived there for 2 years.
    scarepanda does everyone get GTT tested?
    im actually signed up for neighbourhood midwives so hopefully wont see the coombe again if i can avoid it. its great having the midwife come to me.
    Twinkle29 i didnt make a plan on paper the first time around but on the day i wish i had. Its not quite a planbecause as you say who knows how labour will go but its a list of preferences that everyone who attends you can read... basically means you dont get asked a million questions and can focus on breathing!! i also found my midwife had her own preferences which she pushed and i wish i had it on paper as then its proof that you asked for it etc...and they cant say they didnt know. Delayed cord clamping is one for example, you can goggle it but its much better for the baby and i dont think its done as standard yet, i think you have to say you want it. Another one is the third stage - delivery of the placenta, i wanted a natural third stage, so no drugs to help deliver it unless there was a problem. My midwife was so annoying, she didnt want to as it takes slightly longer (although i was in the room for hours afterwards anyway) she started talking about maternal deaths and stuff and i just wanted to sit with my baby in peace without having to listen to that in my ear and instead of just telling her thats what i wanted and if she couldnt manage it to go get someone who could... i just told her to do what she wanted. lol. so i regret not having that in my notes, i could have stuffed them in her face and told her to read it again. Things like moving around the room until baby is about to be delivered, no monitor unless medically necessary.... if you google that too you can find out how unreliable the information they give is anyway so theres plently of reason not to wear it if you find it uncomfortable. Movement while having contractions is really important and i really wanted to get off the bed... but my midwife kept saying no you need to be there. but my labour slowed down because i couldnt move, i wasnt feeling like pushing, or that anything was happening down there at all. I found out later that there was no rule about having to be on the bed from the moment you get in the room - i was 8cm so i thought that was the reason, but turns out theres no rule, and if they pretend there is ask to see the policy in writing, so at least you have another 10 minutes while they go find it! and chances are they just want you on the bed for no good reason. There are plenty of preferences to add to your birth plan. its good to research it first so you know what things are called, like the drug names and why theyre used. At one stage they wanted to speed things up, and give me synthetic oxytocin, which i didnt want because it makes contractions more painful - who would want that! i just wanted to get off the bed! so my oh thankfully fought her - i had used gas and it made me a bit groggy and slow to respond to questions, so he asked for 20 more mins, then if we still needed it we would have it. So i remembered to ask to use the toilet, which allowed me off the bed, the second i got off the babys head started coming, so she was born before the 20 mins was even up.
    I am a bridesmaid in june too. not looking forward to the shoes but otherwise it should be fun.
    ive got nothing ready, nothing bought at all, but we have lots from number 1 and actually got most of it as hand me downs. and my house is a tip too so i think i will concentrate on that.
    i told everyone last night, of course they said they knew, as i hadnt been drinking... who looks into that? no one wants to wake up to a toddler with a hangover. lol.

okonomiyaki, thank you so so much for all of this info. I literally had NO clue of any of the things you have said here. This is really helpful. I will definitely google it and speak to the midwife that I am doing the antenatal classes with (she is also my prenatal yoga teachers so she is big in to some of the things you have mentioned here) to get some ideas as to what I should include.

I really appreciate your advice on this.

okonomiyaki, thank you so so much for all of this info. I literally had NO clue of any of the things you have said here. This is really helpful. I will definitely google it and speak to the midwife that I am doing the antenatal classes with (she is also my prenatal yoga teachers so she is big in to some of the things you have mentioned here) to get some ideas as to what I should include.

I really appreciate your advice on this.

no problem, if you think of anything else add it, it might help others too. i might start to make mine up for this time around. another important one is what position that you want to be in for delivery, on your back isnt a good one as theres much more risk of tears. thats a personal preference, or really maybe how you feel on the day. i would have added it last time but i though a good position would just come to me, instead i was whooshed up on the bed, on my back and that was that. but definitely dont want that next time. anything is better than that position. but whatever your choices are, put them on paper so they cant be ignored or fobbed off.
    And if on the day the midwives are telling you things to change these preferences, say you want that written in your notes, because i find they can say things that arent true, just to scare you and if its really true they wont mind putting it in writing.

has anyone got the gentlebirth app? not sure how to download it so i havent seen it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Judge Trudy

Anyone else getting the whooping cough vaccination? Was with my GP yesterday and they're recommending it for pregnant women as WC is on the increase again. The immunity is passed onto the baby.

I think it's pregnancy anxiety but is anyone else worried about their child having autism? The amount of children being diagnosed is at crazy levels and they don't know what's causing it. It's been on my mind the last few days. I know my hormones are playing at me too.

I hope everyone is keeping great :)

Anyone else getting the whooping cough vaccination? Was with my GP yesterday and they're recommending it for pregnant women as WC is on the increase again. The immunity is passed onto the baby.

I think it's pregnancy anxiety but is anyone else worried about their child having autism? The amount of children being diagnosed is at crazy levels and they don't know what's causing it. It's been on my mind the last few days. I know my hormones are playing at me too.

I hope everyone is keeping great :)

No im not getting WC vaccine. You can look up the actual cases of these things and measure them against the possible side effects of the vaccine (you can read the vaccine insert or google the exact brand if you ask GP for the name, but i dont think tests are done on the safety) and then make your decision. To say something is on the rise is pretty general, id want more specifics than that. Plus I wont be letting my new baby near other young kids so not sure how likely it is in that situation.

I wouldnt be too worried about autism, because i think i could deal with that. The cases are rising, even issues like Sensory Processing Disorder cause kids a lot of stress. Its got to be linked to environment in some way, food or something else we are putting in our bodies that we werent 50 years ago, maybe those vaccines! who knows?
    I worry every now and again about genetic things though like Trisomy, CF, CP and stuff like that. I think its normal enough thing to worry about. I was more worried the first time around. I was on some forum and they would talk about their own experiences and it just made me paranoid. My phone broke then and after a few weeks without the forums I was back to normal levels of worry!

• Advertisement

Hi all,

Judge Trudy, I haven't heard anything about the WC vaccine but I probably wont get it unless I absolutely have to. I'll talk to my doctor about it at my next appointment.

In relation to autism, my husband has a son from a previous relationship and he has Aspergers (a form of autism). So it was always a risk that our child could also inherit it. Apparently it is genetic. There is autism in other parts of his family too so I guess it is on my mind. But whatever it is, it is. The way I look at it is it isn't me getting autism (or anything else for that matter), it is the baby and whatever they have, i will do my utmost to support them through their lives regardless. As my doctor said to me, some babies are born perfect and then contract some illness that changes their lives. You deal with what you have to at the time you have to deal with it. So try not to worry; what will be will be.

Oh Scarepanda hope the GTT goes ok for you. I have mine on the 13th of May. Dreading it as I really could have it :( I have to have the test as my son's birth weight was above average. I'm taking a different approach though! Totally treating myself until i'm D day. Within reason of course;)

How are you Trudy? I am pretty sure I am going to get the vaccine. I haven't put much thought into it yet as it won't be an issue for another few weeks. I decided against it on my last pregnancy in 2013 due to it being a fairly new practice at the time and my GP wasn't so sure about it. However i regretted not getting it after. This time my son will be starting Montessori in September so will exposed to other little ones and bringing home all the lovely germs! Also, I don't plan on hibernating for two months post birth and we have a few trips away with the kids planned for before the 8 week vaccinations so any bit of immunity it gives to the baby will be great.

Re the autism I get moments where it crosses my mind too. I find I am hyper sensitive at the moment though with everything regarding children. Also agree with yokonomiyakai about how forums can sometimes heighten the worry!

Cannot wait for the weekend and so happy its a bank holiday, found this week really hard due to feeling so exhausted. Hopefully the extra day off will recharge the batteries because at the moment the thoughts of another 14 weeks at work makes me sick:eek:!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 elleg

I think that I'll get the vaccine too. I'm on the same page as you cant26. Didn't last time as it was quite new, but won't risk it this time with DS picking up every bug going.

I think a big part of the reason for the increase in diagnosis of autism is simply increased awareness of the condition. A good friend of mine has an autistic son. Since he was diagnosed I've recognised that some of her traits that I would have previously thought of as "social awkwardness" or "quirks" are very possibly signs that she might well have a very mild form of ASD. That sounds very armchair doctor-ish of me. I guess what I'm trying to say is that an increasing awareness of the condition is probably a big factor in more diagnoses rather than approach in the past to dismiss markers as "quirks", same way as we often did with mental health etc. It's hard not to worry about every little thing. I remember being in tears with worry last time when the PHN did the heel prick test for Cystic Fibrosis. It hadn't even crossed my mind and I think that combined with the 3 days blues = meltdown.

Looking forward to the bank holiday too. I'm heading away with some friends and their kids for 2 nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

Hi Ladies,

Hope all is well. Hitting the 6 month mark tomorrow, can't believe how quickly things are speeding by! Went looking at double buggies today, liking the Uppababy though it is expensive, its a pity toddler cant face outwards when using carrycot but nothing is perfect. Also girl in shop was explaining that none of the carrycots are certified for overnight sleeping.. this time last year it was fine to use but new regulations apparently state there's been a change.

Had doctors appointment during the week, baby measuring on the bigger side of normal.. bit apprehensive as I had GD on last pregnancy and OGTT booked for two weeks, DD1 was always within normal range so hoping that this isn't a sign I'll be back in diabetes service!

talk soon

Ciara.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Am officially expecting a boy and a girl- baba B decided not to be shy in this morning's scan!

Twins are measuring 22w4d and 22w5d and they should be 23w4d. Terrified that something is wrong, but am trying to stay calm.

My husband really wants a girl, he was convinced that the baby that we lost was a girl, so it was amazing to see his face when it was confirmed that baba B is a girl, but then kinda spoiled by the news that they weren't measuring as well as they should be.

Tis a real rollercoaster isn't it!

brokensoul wrote: »
    Am officially expecting a boy and a girl- baba B decided not to be shy in this morning's scan!

Twins are measuring 22w4d and 22w5d and they should be 23w4d. Terrified that something is wrong, but am trying to stay calm.

My husband really wants a girl, he was convinced that the baby that we lost was a girl, so it was amazing to see his face when it was confirmed that baba B is a girl, but then kinda spoiled by the news that they weren't measuring as well as they should be.

Tis a real rollercoaster isn't it!

Fantastic brokensoul :-) That is such lovely news. Delighted for you both.

Did they seem alarmed by the measurement or are you just being very cautious?

nuttykat wrote: »
    Hi Ladies,

Hope all is well. Hitting the 6 month mark tomorrow, can't believe how quickly things are speeding by! Went looking at double buggies today, liking the Uppababy though it is expensive, its a pity toddler cant face outwards when using carrycot but nothing is perfect. Also girl in shop was explaining that none of the carrycots are certified for overnight sleeping.. this time last year it was fine to use but new regulations apparently state there's been a change.

Had doctors appointment during the week, baby measuring on the bigger side of normal.. bit apprehensive as I had GD on last pregnancy and OGTT booked for two weeks, DD1 was always within normal range so hoping that this isn't a sign I'll be back in diabetes service!

talk soon

Ciara.

Hi Ciara,

I got the same advice on the carrycots. Who knew??

Everyone seems to be talking about the measurements of the baby. I asked them about this in Holles St yesterday and I was not told mine. I have never been told about that. Did you ask or was that a routine check? Fingers crossed on your glucose test for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Fantastic brokensoul :-) That is such lovely news. Delighted for you both.

Did they seem alarmed by the measurement or are you just being very cautious?

They didn't seem alarmed to be honest. This was my first hospital scan and so she asked that I go back to my consultant next week so that he could check it and make sure he was happy, but she did say that if she was worried about anything she would be ringing him herself!

I suppose my worry is that they were measuring bang on at all my consultant's scans so just worried about why their growth has slowed down in the last two weeks.

She said that their heartbeats are strong and there is no issue with either placenta so it could well be that they are just petite. They are our first babies so we have nothing to measure against.

To be honest, I found yesterday hard anyway. It was my first time back in CUMH since my D&C last summer so I think I was already panicking before I heard anything.

Hey ladies!

Re buggies, we were told that a few brands including uppababy and icandy had their carrycot tested for overnight sleeping....! We went with the sola2 in the end and were told that it's not suitable for overnight sleeping, but my OH had said that the Mama and Papas website sells a different mattress that is suitable for over night sleeping!!

As for baby size, I'm only carrying one little one, but at 22+5 he/she was measuring 4 days smaller than my dates (which both earlier scans confirmed), but estimated birth weight was still around 7 pounds. I know it's completely different with twins, but I'm not overly worried about it yet, I was small and my Mam smaller again.

How is everyone feeling? I have noticed myself starting to slow down a bit, there's some things that are slowly getting more difficult to do!

• Advertisement

Hi everyone. Hope ye are all enjoying the bank holiday weekend.
    Seems a few of us are up for the GTT soon, fingers crossed it goes ok for us all.
    Lovely to hear that twin two has been confirmed a girl brokensoul. You must be delighted. I'm sorry to hear that you were left a bit worried after your scan though. Hopefully your consulted will put your mind at rest ehen you see them next. Had you a great holiday?
    We went to tony kealys yesterday to do some buggy research! Really love the bugaboo chameleon so think that's the one we will be going with. Just want to check out the joolz in Bella baby first though because that's also on the list.
    Think I will have to root out my pregnancy pillow soon because I'm starting to get a small bit uncomfortable at night. I'm doing good though, sleeping well thankfully. At this stage last time the pillow was a permanent fixture and the insomnia had set in! Fingers crossed I get another few weeks of decent sleep.
    I am starting back at acupuncture next week after almost a years break, I can't wait.

Advertisement