Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

God saves crazy lady

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭postitnote

Did someone say regrowing of limbs?

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/cured-by-prayer-joshua-got-out-of-wheelchair-and-danced-after-visit-to-healing-ministry-say-parents-34287311.html
    The Martins took Joshua to visit founder, Mark Marx. They claim that when he noticed one of Joshua's legs was shorter than the other, he was able to make it grow in front of their eyes and, after the "miracle", Josh got out of his wheelchair and danced.

Boom! Checkmate scoffers!!

I realise that this has gone full circle, the 'Crazy Lady' in the OP was referencing this very fella in the report to begin with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,879 ✭✭✭✭looksee

postitnote wrote: »
    Did someone say regrowing of limbs?

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/cured-by-prayer-joshua-got-out-of-wheelchair-and-danced-after-visit-to-healing-ministry-say-parents-34287311.html

Boom! Checkmate scoffers!!

I realise that this has gone full circle, the 'Crazy Lady' in the OP was referencing this very fella in the report to begin with.
    We hadn't known about his leg

the child was 9 years old and they had never noticed he had one leg longer than the other? No limp, no pediatric comments? Then they 'saw' it grow, that really is a miracle. Good job the miracle worker knew when to stop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Terrlock wrote: »
    To answer your first question, I have seen a Friend of mines daughter who had the nerves in her eye severed after a bad accident.

She was totally blind and the doctor said there was no operation that could fix it.

Less then 2 weeks later she was completely healed. The doctor said that he was mystified as to his knowledge that's impossible.
    Obviously it is your view that this is an example of a miracle, but can you at least admit that an alternative explanation would that the doctors initial diagnoses was simply incorrect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,748 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I'm only telling you guys what happened.

Nah, you're giving us an extremely vague third- or fourth-hand anecdote.

Anecdotes are not data are not evidence.

Where's the medical paper describing this 'miracle'? Or did no doctor involved consider it noteworthy?

Scrap the cap!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Where's the medical paper describing this 'miracle'? Or did no doctor involved consider it noteworthy?
    Next you'll be suggesting that Pope JP's miracles are really shenanigans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

If somebody says to me God Bless , I think that's nice they are wishing me well. If somebody wants to pray for me because they think atheists are prone to evil , I say fùck off you stupid patronising cùnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

To answer your first question, I have seen a Friend of mines daughter who had the nerves in her eye severed after a bad accident.

She was totally blind and the doctor said there was no operation that could fix it.

Less then 2 weeks later she was completely healed. The doctor said that he was mystified as to his knowledge that's impossible.
    I had no idea, but it's suddenly so clear now
    I feel such a cynic, how could I have been so wrong?
    Thank you for displaying how praying works:
    A particular prayer in a particular church
    Thank you Terrlock for the chance to acknowledge this
    Omnipotent ophthalmologist

I didn't realize that it was so simple
    But you've shown a great example of just how it can be done
    You only need to pray in a particular spot
    To a particular version of a particular god,
    And if you pull that off without a hitch,
    He will fix one eye of one middle-class white bitch

**** me Terrlock , what are the odds
    That of history's endless parade of gods
    That the God you just happened to be taught to believe in
    Is the actual God and he digs on healing,
    But not the AIDS-ridden African nations
    Nor the victims of the plague, nor the flood-addled Asians,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,972 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Your like ostriches with there head stuck in the sand, saying nope i don't believe cause I can't see.
    Thats a made up story that never actually happens but I doubt that bothers you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

looksee wrote: »
    the child was 9 years old and they had never noticed he had one leg longer than the other?
    Probably because he was in a wheelchair. Whenever he got up and tried to walk in a straight line, he kept going round in circles. Nobody could explain it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Christy42

gctest50 wrote: »

In fairness the big man seems really interested in the eyesight of women. Maybe that song was on to something...

Maybe he has been misquoted and we elevated the God of middle class women's eyesight up the rankings a bit too much. He could be up there getting annoyed at all these people praying for him to fix famines when that is the job of some long forgotten God.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,193 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

...in your own hate full* ways.

Now who's scoffing?

*hateful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,748 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

recedite wrote: »
    Probably because he was in a wheelchair. Whenever he got up and tried to walk in a straight line, he kept going round in circles. Nobody could explain it.

Scrap the cap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

I'm only telling you guys what happened...

You are so blind you refuse to believe. None of you will allow me to demonstrate prayer by praying for you. None of you will listen to testimony.

All you do is mock.
    Hey, you're welcome to run a demo on me :)
    Just don't say you need my name, address, and bank details before you can start....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Now who's scoffing?

*hateful

He has ceased scoffing and scarpered, having deduced his cover was blown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,972 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

What was he covering?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Thargor wrote: »
    What was he covering?

That he wasn't perhaps the faithful follower he claimed to be.

Advertisement