Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Install / account issue.

Options
  • 10-12-2015 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Signed up for broadband and landline on Oct 21. Installation booked for Wednesday nov 11. Stayed around all morning. No show. Rang eir.  Explanation was that extra technical work needed.  Next appointment booked for Nov 16 text received to confirm this.

Stayed around all morning. No show again.  Rang eir again. It was eventually explained to me that there was an issue with the installer kn networks system. When my order went to them there was an issue with a digit in my contact number. ie. they couldn’t contact me to let me know they were coming. This was contrary to explanation for first missed appointment.

It was explained that my original account would need to be cancelled and a new one created as they could not amend details on kn’s system.   This eventually happened. It took over a week for the old account to be cancelled. New account was then set up after giving bank account details etc 3 times to different individuals.

Installation date set for Dec 5. Confirmed as am appointment.  Waited at house. No show . rang eir at 2.30.

Informed to continue waiting.  Installer arrived at 3.30. Very courteous, got broadband working. Still an issue with phone , installer needed to check issue with office. Arranged to ring me in morning to give me an update.

No contact since, rang again over last couple of days. Supervisor in sales who had been dealing with original issue with account refused to speak to me. Got the run around through all the departments once again. It now appears that somebody will look at exchange and another appointment needed if the issue is in the house. Can you arrange for a manager to ring me to try and resolve this issue 7 weeks after I signed up.

At this stage I have spoken to every department. One one day alone I spoke to 13 people. Im being moved from one dept to the other over and over again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ccmp

Hi any response to above?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi ccmp

I'm sorry for the delays. Please feel free to PM me your eir account number and I will escalate this to our technical support team while requesting urgency.

AL

pm sent any response. still no phone line.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Craigels

There is no superdry in limerick unfortunately

ccmp wrote: »
    pm sent any response. still no phone line.
    Hi ccmp

This is logged as a case for engineers under reference number 2045901 - the notes on the account do make reference for a resolution for this week. I have also sent a priority request to engineers although due to the number of faults created by the recent storms I cannot guarantee a specific date for resolution. As soon as I have more information I will let you know straight away. Apologies for these delays.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

pm sent any response. still no phone line.  this morning i've  just been bounced around again from dept to dept. can someone please take ownership of this issue.
    order setup oct 21 , still no phone.

Hi ccmp

I had replied above your post - #6

I have not yet had a confirming date but I have requested urgency and as soon as I have more news I will let you know

Thanks
    Al

Hi as part of the above deal I was to get a samsung galay tablet. This has not arrived. I have been onto customer support on a number of occassions. I have emailed full details to one of your reps. I was assured that it would be dispatched. Still no response. this has gone on for months at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi ccmp,

I am very sorry to hear this.

Can you please PM me your account number and full name and I would be more than happy to look into this?

Thanks,
    Anna.

Anna , I'm getting your messages but you don't appear to be getting mine.
    Offering me €100 as a gesture 6 months later isn't great.
    You advertised the tablet as being valued at 180.
    100 as an acknowledgement of the inconvenience is fair enough but I am also entitled to the tablet.
    Pm me an email address if you wish to correspond.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Hi ccmp, 

I am really sorry to hear this. 

Unfortunately, this is a good will gesture that we are offering you as we cannot offer you the tablet any longer as it is not on offer.

This offer finished on the 31/10/2015 and we would only be in the position of offering you €100.00 as a good will gesture.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks,
    Leanne.

Hi the offer was active when I signed up for my account. The tablet was to be dispatched 6 months after contract initiation.
    I haven't listed here the amount of times that customer service reps team leads etc have assured me that the tablet would be dispatched.
    I can send on the numerous correspondences , assurances, promises of call backs, time on hold being transferred etc.

I completely understand your frustration with this. 

Unfortunately, as the offer has now ended we would be unable to provide you with a tablet. I do apologise for the inconvenience.

The credit can be applied to your account if you wish. 

I'm afraid I am unable to assist you any further. 

Thanks, 
    Leanne. 

Hi , you're correct when you say that the offer has ended. You set up the offer to close on a certain date and then dispatch the tablet 6 months later. I signed up. It's not my fault that the tablet wasn't sent out. I contacted ye on numerous occassions.  Below is your offer and value.
    The very least I'm entitled to is a €180 "gesture".
    Tablet with touch screen and Wi-Fi capability - is worth €179.99 on the high street.
    [font=museo-sans-rounded, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]The free tablet is in addition to eir’s existing offers on the broadband bundles, which include an introductory discount for the first four months.[/font]

I understand your frustration and again apologise.

Unfortunately, the tablet was valued at €100.00 by eir and the high street price was €179.99.

We would be unable to credit you anymore than the €100.00 that is already applied to the account.

I'm sorry we can't assist you further with this.

Thanks,

Leanne

Advertisement