Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble with SMS being received in New Zealand

Options
  • 10-12-2015 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I work with a few people in New Zealand and have been successfully communicating via SMS for about 18 months.  We send an SMS then get on Skype.

However it seems that around the time you changed to Eir my texts are no longer making it to the NZ side.  Their network is Vodafone but it has always worked fine.
    The timing might be a coincidence and could be slightly inaccurate - as I didn't take an exact note of when the issues started.

I can receive from NZ fine but they don't get my SMS messages.

Is there some way I can diagnose this or identify why that could be?

Cheers ...J

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

jaydev wrote: »
    I work with a few people in New Zealand and have been successfully communicating via SMS for about 18 months.  We send an SMS then get on Skype.

However it seems that around the time you changed to Eir my texts are no longer making it to the NZ side.  Their network is Vodafone but it has always worked fine.
    The timing might be a coincidence and could be slightly inaccurate - as I didn't take an exact note of when the issues started.

Cheers ...J

Hi there jaydev

Thanks for getting in touch.

Are their numbers in your phone stored as “+” or “00”?  If it starts with a “+”, change this to “00” and then use a brand new thread to send a sms.  Don’t use the old thread.  Let me know if this works.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jaydev

eir: Alan wrote: »

Cheers ...J

Hi there jaydev

Are their numbers in your phone stored as “+” or “00”?  If it starts with a “+”, change this to “00” and then use a brand new thread to send a sms.  Don’t use the old thread.  Let me know if this works.

Al
    Hi Alan,

Thanks for the suggestion.
    I'll give it a go when they wake up later today.
    I will post the results when confirmed.

Just for interest - what is the reason for this?  I always thought that using the + was the correct way to go?

Cheers ...Jay

eir: Alan wrote: »

Cheers ...J

Hi there jaydev

Al
    Hi Alan,

Thanks for the suggestion.
    I'll give it a go when they wake up later today.
    I will post the results when confirmed.

Just for interest - what is the reason for this?  I always thought that using the + was the correct way to go?

Cheers ...Jay
    Hi jaydev

Sometimes the + does not send a text message - please let me know how it works out :)
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jaydev

Hi Alan.

OK I have done a couple of things.
    1. I tried replacing the + with 00 and we tried that out >> however no texts were received.
    2. I tried sending to another person on a different network in NZ >> those texts were received in both cases using + and 00.

So this leads me to think that it is an issue either with Eir and Vodafone(NZ) or just with Vodafone(NZ) at their end.
    For information the other provider who received the texts was 2Degrees Mobile.
    I also sent another to Spark (Telecom NZ) but not sure if that person has received - so will update once confirmed.

Does that help at all? Hoping so....

Cheers ...Jay

Hi Alan.

OK I have done a couple of things.
    1. I tried replacing the + with 00 and we tried that out >> however no texts were received.
    2. I tried sending to another person on a different network in NZ >> those texts were received in both cases using + and 00.

So this leads me to think that it is an issue either with Eir and Vodafone(NZ) or just with Vodafone(NZ) at their end.
    For information the other provider who received the texts was 2Degrees Mobile.
    I also sent another to Spark (Telecom NZ) but not sure if that person has received - so will update once confirmed.

Does that help at all? Hoping so....

Cheers ...Jay

Hi there jaydev

Thank you so much for getting back to us.

Do you mind just sending your number & pin and we’ll follow up on this with our Tech department.

Can you please confirm the following in your PM

1.       Number & pin
    2.      What handset you’re using
    3.      What network you’re using while abroad

Thank you

AL

• Advertisement
Advertisement