Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 Spoonies - Vote for your Cooking Club Favourites!

• 10-12-2015 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭

The Cooking Club is now 7 (!!) years old and we've decided it's a good time to honour and celebrate all the wonderful posts, recipes & contributors who have made the Cooking Club what we all really and truly love.

Courtesy of the actual fair maulers of Dav & DeVore we have 12 Cooking Club Wooden Spoons to give away, to brighten up your kitchen & chastise errant children*

RM0LGqh.png

Voting is open NOW and will stay open till the 15th of December. Winners will be announced on Friday the 18th.

Votes are not restricted to 2015 entries, pick your favorites from all over the years.

http://goo.gl/forms/GQy6ZD8S7n

The Moderating Team will also be voting on 5 special categories

2 x Cooking Club Legendary Posts
    2 x Cooking Club Legendary Contributors (ie those people we think have kept the place alight by commenting & making recipes)
    1 x [Not 100% decided, coming soon]

So, get voting. And get clearing out a good spot in your cutlery drawer for your new spoon.

We'll be watching the entry form for any messing and judges decisions are final. Please only vote once.

*Maybe not the second option.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Man. I have just spotted the STATE of my grammar in that form :D Apologies to all with eyes bleeding from my egregious misuse of 'whose'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Voted :)

One more day left to vote!!

A little boardsie birdie has alerted me to the form not working for them. If it's causing you hassle and you still want to vote feel free to wing your choices over to me in a PM :) It'll be counted as an entry for purposes of the 'voting' spoon prize!

Oh - and thanks to all of you who have voted so far :D You are awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Voted, but then realised one or two of mine have closed accounts, so that might mess up the system, sorry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

It's great to read through all the old Cooking Club entries - Have been stuck in a bit of a cooking rut recently but I've spotted a few recipes that I'm going to make again and a few that I'll try for the first time!

Thank you so much to everyone who has voted so far, legends each and every one! We are going to keep voting open until Sunday night to give a few people who haven't been around a chance to vote :)

Spoon Winners will be announced early next week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Thanks for keeping it open, too much to do, so little time!

I take it Closed Accounts don't count?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I take it Closed Accounts don't count?

Unfortunately we'd have no way to get in touch with the owners of the account, so while you could vote for them, they can't receive a prize and are unlikely to know they've won. So it's probably a waste of a vote.

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

What a brilliant idea!!

I've voted :)

• Advertisement

Just a wee reminder: Voting will close at midnight! (Cinderella style!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

So now that the excitement of Christmas is over, any word on the Spoonie winners to keep the festive joy going? :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

So now that the excitement of Christmas is over, any word on the Spoonie winners to keep the festive joy going? :)

It seems us mods have very busy lives, and we're having difficulty coordinating over the festive period :). There's a couple of ties to be broken and agreements to be made about moderator choice awards. It shall be resolved soon (I hope!).

Guys, so sorry with the delay on this! The rest of the Mod team have been awesome but I accidentally fell down a hole in the ground over Christmas and am only resurfacing. We are nearly done, watch this space...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I only copped this now :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Faith wrote: »
    It seems us mods have very busy lives

Writing tCC fan fiction? :cool:

Writing tCC fan fiction? :cool:

Slash fiction. We match you all off with an After Hours poster and plan your love lives :D

**Rolls Out red carpet**

**Summons the spirit of Joan Rivers to judge Spoonies guest fashion**

**Prepares lavish guest goodie bags**
    (Oh, how I wish. I'm sure Miele or Big Green Egg will totally lep on board for 2016 though...)

After making you all wait for a silly amount of time, the results are in!!! Throw an eye on this thread this afternoon for the glittering ceremony & prize announcement! (Myself, ITT, Faith, Dizzyblonde & Merkin blew our enormous Moderator's salaries on a trip to Monaco for it. We're up to our elbows in empty Bolly bottles and seriously regretting the huge Christmas dinners followed by slinky dress idea)

Results are live over at 2015 Spoonies - The Glamorous Awards Ceremony. so closing here off :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement