Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend away cottage

Options
  • 10-12-2015 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭

Hello. My boyfriend said that for xmas he would like a weekend away in Ireland somewhere cosy and nice. We both would rather not stay in a hotel, preferably a cottage or somewhere cute that has activities on offer during the day. I am useless when it comes to things like this. Does anyone reccommend anywhere nice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Try couplescottages.ie. There based in West cork. Total relaxation and a break away. I've been there numerous times. Highly recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The one in Cork is www.cottagesforcouples.ie.

I saw this one the other day up north. It has cottages and bubble domes if you want something completely different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

There's a ' picín cottage' in Cork that looks lovely . Romantic and cosy. I saw it online a few years ago so not sure if its still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

I was just going to say the cottages they might be booked out though, we stayed there and tis loverly for a weekend. Not a lot really to do alright in Skibb but if it is yer first time ye will be grand.

There is another place top of the rock if ye like glamping and walking...
    You can rent gate lodges too look up hidden Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Thanks a million. I looked into them they are amazing. Unfortunately it says every weekend until mid March is booked out. Does anyone know if you can get a voucher for this place? Am a bit reluctant to book a weekend so far away in advance. A voucher may be the best way to go

• Advertisement

Oh they would id say.. Just send them an email they are pretty quick to come back. Never mind if the emails are a little blunt i can vouch they are loverly the people that run it. And they just leave you alone as such. they have other properties down by the river and such if you wanted to ask them about that. Tis nice too you can arrange for a massure to come to the apartments too if you like. I am sure if you ask in advance he will give you the info. You can get take aways in all delivered...

If ye are looking for things to do around you can do midnight kayaking also you just need to book in advance best of luck with it.. If you are looking for something nice and relaxed tis defo the spot. You kinda walk in thinking is this it but then it is so nice that yes this is it...:)

Oh if it helps I got an email thismorning saying they are doing a 10% discount on gift vouvhers for the cottages if you before the 20th Dec..I can send on if you like

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Milly33 wrote: »
    Oh if it helps I got an email thismorning saying they are doing a 10% discount on gift vouvhers for the cottages if you before the 20th Dec..I can send on if you like

Thanks milly I've just seen this now. I rang the other day and got a voucher they gave me the discount. Worked out well. Am thrilled now the place looks great! Thanks for your help

Advertisement