Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yet another TV wall mount question

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

You can buy special plaster board screws that open out behind the board to get a good grab/fix and there are many different loading capacity.

Its not a problem at all once the plaster board has been well mounted and fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah the mixed feedback really is because it depends on the individual house/room. What might mount fine in one house may come off the wall in another house because it's ever so slightly more damp.

One suggestion I saw was to mount a piece of plywood across the plasterboard first and then mount the bracket on the wood, using the screws mentioned above - screwed all the way though the wood + plasterboard.

With a sufficiently wide flat/tilt bracket, like the one you have above, it should hold up just fine. A swivelling/omni-directional mount won't work though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Thanks for the feedback.

I though it would be ok alright.

No issues with Damp etc. How thick would the plywood / MDF need to be? is it even nessecery ?

Will post a little skectch in a bit and show you the wiring i hope to achieve maybe someone might be able to suggest a good way to do it

BobbyT28

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Attached Sketch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Seriously, I've done this several times. You need these. Woodies or any hardware have them.

http://www.infixdirect.co.uk/M4x46-Umbrella-Fixing

Advertisement