Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodged a Cheque through lodgement machine

Options
  • 10-12-2015 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭

Hi BOI

Earlier today, I lodged a cheque into my account through a lodgement machine without issue. I just checked my account and see that this has  not yet shown on my account.

Is there a time lag with cheques using lodgement machines?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Yes, the cheque has to clear. Was it a BOI cheque or from another source?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Thanks Leilani Hot Court, it's a PTSB cheque so I know it takes a few days to clear.

I have lodged it directly with a cashier before on numerous occasions and the lodgement will instantly show on my account. I know there is a 5(ish) working day period before access to funds is released as it has to clear but I thought that it would still show on my account. It always has in the past, which brought up my curiosity 

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

The cheques need to be accepted before they'll show up. It'll happen before end of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi metamorphosis,

Thanks for your posts here.

Yes, as you mention it will take up to five working days for a non Bank of Ireland domestic cheque to clear on your account. The cheque should appear on your account today and you will be able to view your available balance on 365 Online on the 365 Home page.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭Curly Judge

Thanks Leilani Hot Court, it's a PTSB cheque so I know it takes a few days to clear.

I have lodged it directly with a cashier before on numerous occasions and the lodgement will instantly show on my account. I know there is a 5(ish) working day period before access to funds is released as it has to clear but I thought that it would still show on my account. It always has in the past, which brought up my curiosity 
    Aw, come on, how could a cheque show in your account before it was cleared?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Shermanator

If you lodge your cheque at the counter, it often shows on your account at once. however, you may still not have access to the funds until the cheque has cleared

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Tow

There is a flag on each customers account which can be set to allow access to funds from cheques, as soon as they are lodged. If you are a customer of good standing and get talking to a knowledgeable teller (the hard part) in your branch, they can set it for you.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Advertisement