Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Pre Auth' on account

Options
  • 10-12-2015 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Hi,

A retailer has debited my a/c twice,I phone dthem up about it and was advised that one of the transactions was a 'pre-auth' on my account and the funds will be returned to me in a few days.

Could someone please check this out for me and confirm what the retailer said was true, I can pm details when someone makes contact here.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi josephsoap,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

Without account access we would be unable to confirm this for you. If the retailer has assured you that this will be refunded to you, the amount should be returned to your account. However if they do not refund you this amount, you can request a refund by filling in a Visa Debit dispute form which you can find here https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/fs/doc/wysiwyg/chargeback-form-transaction-dispute-roi-v05.pdf

Please let us know if we can help with any other query.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭josephsoap

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your reply. 

Could you please provide me with the correct phone number I need to call to speak to someone accounts access?

Thanks again

Joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Joe,

Thanks for coming back to us.

If you call 0818 365 365 / +353 1404 4000 a representative will be more than happy to confirm this information for you.

Thanks again,
    Elaine

Advertisement