Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas inbound on weekday mornings

Options
  • 10-12-2015 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

My office is moving to the north of the city next week and I will have to start getting a Luas or bus to work. The nearest Luas stop is Fatima - is it a nightmare getting on in the morning and if I want to be on O'Connell Street for about 9 should I go out to catch it early, like 8.15am?

I can get a bus too, but thinking I will try the Luas first and see what it is like. Anybody got much experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

Lux23 wrote: »
    My office is moving to the north of the city next week and I will have to start getting a Luas or bus to work. The nearest Luas stop is Fatima - is it a nightmare getting on in the morning and if I want to be on O'Connell Street for about 9 should I go out to catch it early, like 8.15am?

I can get a bus too, but thinking I will try the Luas first and see what it is like. Anybody got much experience?

It'll certainly be standing room only by Fatima but only on the very worst days (like twice a year) would you not get on at all there.

It'll take about 10 minutes to get from Fatima to Middle Abbey Street so if you got one about 8.30/8.35 the first morning and see how you get on - should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Ah cool, that's good to know, don't mind standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,714 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Before Heuston you will be fine but after that getting on trams at peak times is next to impossible easily waiting for 2 or 3 trams to be able to board.

Advertisement