Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not informed I needed to redo Direct Debit

Options
  • 10-12-2015 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I recently moved house and as such moved my Electric Ireland Gas and Electricity from the old house to the new house. I had been paying by direct debit at the old house.

My first bill came in for the new house last month and was due to be paid on the 26th of November, I noted the amount and thought nothing of it.

Until I receive a call today saying it wasn't paid! 

I logged online and seen that it was indeed over due and seen an option to sign up for direct debit! 

Why wasn't (a) my direct debits moved across to pay for the new bills? and (b) I not told I had to redo my direct debits for the new house??

I have since paid the overdue bill and subsequently signed up for direct debit but it's a joke I had to find out via a debt collection call that I had to do so.

I am assuming the delay in paying the bill will have no effect on my credit rating? If it does I will require making a formal complaint as the delay in payment was through no fault of my own except for expecting a better level of service from Electric Ireland.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Atomic Pineapple,

We are very sorry to read of your unhappiness with your customer experience. Thank you for choosing Electric Ireland.

After you closed your accounts for your previous address, how long was the period of time before your accounts were reopened to register you for electricity and gas at your new address?

We would like to advise you that the late payment would not affect your credit rating.

If you would like us to review your accounts, do private message us the following details (first stating that you are the account-holder and your name, thanks):

- Account number (one will suffice)
    - Address
    - Date of birth

Your private message will be placed in a queue, and we are finishing here on Social Media at 6pm so we will be able to review your message tomorrow.

Kind regards,
    Una

________

Advertisement