Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fererro Jobs Cork

Options
  • 10-12-2015 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi has or does anyone know what it's like to work for ferrero in Cork and is it through a recruitment agency

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Orobhsa

Don't know what it's like to work there but nearly applied for a job recently through CPL recruitment agency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

ot I know but by God I love the smell of tic tacs from that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

Aaron97 wrote: »
    Hi has or does anyone know what it's like to work for ferrero in Cork and is it through a recruitment agency

Thanks

tis a handy one -heard you can read books next to the machines

moneys good too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Remembered this story from last year http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/sweets-giant-to-pay-29k-to-pair-sacked-over-tic-tac-recipe-row-266631.html
    Two “sweet-makers” sacked by sweet giant Ferrero and accused of changing the recipe on a batch of mints have been awarded a five-figure sum each. Like something from a scene from Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Italian sweet giant Ferrero sacked Declan Cotter and Lisa Ryan-O’Connor in 2010 for “gross misconduct” concerning a change to the recipe on a batch of Tic Tacs.

However, the Employment Appeals Tribunal found that the two were “unfairly dismissed” by the firm.

As a result, the EAT has ordered Ferrero to pay €19,000 to Mr Cotter and €10,000 to Ms Ryan- O’Connor.

Siptu organiser John Cooney yesterday said the action by Ferrero in sacking the two was “petty”.

He said: “It was an absolutely ridiculous case and the company has lost a lot of goodwill from the membership who work for Ferrero over how they treated these two workers.

“The tribunal may have found in the workers’ favour, but they lost their jobs over this and have to make a new life for themselves.

“It is good to get some award, but the workers would have much preferred to have held onto their jobs. The award in no way compensates for the loss of their jobs.”

Ferrero also produces Ferrero Rocher and Kinder chocolates and last year globally recorded revenues of €8.1bn.

It has produced Tic Tacs since 1969, and the Cork plant, where 238 work, is profitable, recording pre-tax profits of €2.3m on revenues of €47.9m in 2012.

Both were long-term employees, with Ms Ryan-O’Connor starting work in November 1998 and Mr Cotter in September 1999.

Ferrero claimed that, on June 16, 2010, the two changed a sweet recipe and this had represented a breach of procedure. Ferrero told the EAT that “trust was vital in food production”.

However, Ms Ryan- O’Connor and Mr Cotter argued to the EAT that they had not knowingly changed the recipe and had merely participated in maintaining the normal and expected level of production and that there had been no abnormality to lead to a potential recall of product.

The two argued that the incident in question would never have occurred if Ferrero’s equipment had been working properly.

The two were appealing a Rights Commissioner ruling that upheld Ferrero’s decision to sack the two.

The EAT found that both were unfairly dismissed.

A spokeswoman for Ferrero Ireland declined to comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

"The EAT"

Clever cleverclogs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

One of My Daughters got a job there at the end of the summer.

She did not go through an agency, as the agency's tend to move you from job to job, plus they take so much per hour from you.

Ferrero tend to take you on for a while, then let you go, but if they were impressed with you, you get a call back at some stage.

Thankfully, my Daughter is still there, and yes, as Roy Race says, the money is quite good too.

I'd go direct with a C.V., or if you knew someone working there that could hand it in for you. Personally, for the reasons I already pointed out, I'd avoid the agency route.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Aaron97

MrFrisp wrote: »
    One of My Daughters got a job there at the end of the summer.

She did not go through an agency, as the agency's tend to move you from job to job, plus they take so much per hour from you.

Ferrero tend to take you on for a while, then let you go, but if they were impressed with you, you get a call back at some stage.

Thankfully, my Daughter is still there, and yes, as Roy Race says, the money is quite good too.

I'd go direct with a C.V., or if you knew someone working there that could hand it in for you. Personally, for the reasons I already pointed out, I'd avoid the agency route.

Sounds good, ya my uncle is working there he's there a good few years what was your daughters duties do you mind me asking??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Aaron97 wrote: »
    Sounds good, ya my uncle is working there he's there a good few years what was your daughters duties do you mind me asking??

At the start they move them around, from one part to another.

But at the moment she seems to have settled on the assembly line as an operative.

To be honest though, lots have come and gone since she started. She is on the 3-shift rota, and not many people can stick that.

Advertisement